Backup power?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backup power?

Is anyone using a back up power system? I need ideas and options that will keep me up and running for indoors situations for outages of an hour or more. (Gas powered options are a no go)

Literally other than a back up diesel or gas generator not too many options. Solar panel system is another route... But it ain't cheap.

~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

• UrbZ
      UrbZ commented
      Editing a comment
      I would probably only worry about the opposite effects. Lights going off when they need to be on is more harmful. could confuse vegging plants into thinking its flower time. You can also put flowering plants back in veg if this happens for any reason but this is an extreme. Ive actually heard of people flowering plants on a 11/13 schedule. so an extra hour of darkness shouldnt hurt during 12/12. You start hitting hours plural. then its time to worry.

• TheGreenGiggler
      TheGreenGiggler commented
      Editing a comment
      So if I am on 12/12 and my power goes out on hour 7 for three hours and comes back on after two hours of darkness for another three, I am not likely to push the plants back into veg? (Sorry, just trying to clarify my understanding, and thanks for the help!)

• UrbZ
      UrbZ commented
      Editing a comment
      No problem at all. Its good to ask questions. It means you are willing to learn.

No that will not push you back into veg. If it were to only happen once during the bud cycle nothing should happen. Plus darkness works the opposite, it would put you back into veg if they stayed on too long not off. Hope this helps.

You can use a bank of batteries run through a power converter. Keep a trickle charger hooked up to keep em topped off. You would have to do some math to calculate how many/what size batteries. These setups are all over YouTube.
    Good luck.
    "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

If you can't run a engine driven generator, I don't believe you will find a cost effective option.
      completed 7 grows
      what I have learned so far:
      environment maters more than nutrients
      at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
      effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

I guess it depends on your setup, but I use these at work for computers and RAID drives, etc. I'm looking into it to see if I can use it for my setup (LED, inline fan, , small oscillating fan, small humidifier, etc). I would think something like this or a couple of them to split the load would keep everything running for an hour.
        Get fast delivery of everyday essentials from stores like Costco, Walgreens, Toys"R"Us, and Petsmart.

Comment

Keeping a back up generator b it gas powered or natural gas is the only way to keep a indoor grow going in cold weather. I lost a hole grow because of catrena 5 days no power ! Got one after that lol

Comment

U could use a battery. a power wall by tesla would run ya grow for a few days.
            It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

• TheGreenGiggler
              TheGreenGiggler commented
              Editing a comment
              I think that option is for deeper pockets than mine! Lol, it would be great though!!

Set up a few 6v running in series like a motor home battery bank, could run some t5s for a day

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X