Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    UrbZ I read so much about,trichomes that my head is still spinning. I decidd with the 100% Indica, to harvest when I saw the biggest heads on the triches. You know, like mushroom caps, bulging over the stem. Most were opaque and milky with still some clear. And a very few ambers.

I think with Indicas, we can expect an intense but relaxed head high and body relaxation by harvesting earlier rather thanlater. I think when they describe some of these strains, like Night Queen, as 'narcotic,' they're referring to what you get at the other end of the harvest window. I'm growing a night queen now, but I'll have to harvest her on the early end of the harvest window. Will report back on whether or not she's narcotic.

So I think your,plan is a good one, and you can write a comparison report on the two smokes.

• UrbZ
    commented on 's reply
    @alltatup

I've been having some similar thoughts about when to harvest the black.

The Black is a heavily indica dominant hybrid (90% indica/10% sativa) strain with unknown genetics due to a high level of breeder secrecy. This infamous bud boasts an insanely high THC level that typically falls over 20% and a myriad of heavy nighttime effects. The high starts with an instant s...

Since you are going for similar effects I was wondering your input.

The strain is highly narcotic, at 90% indica. Strain info says harvest as early as 53 days of flower. Right now I am at like 47 days. One of my girls has 100% orange curled hairs with maybe 75% cloudy triches. I figure she will be at full potential levels of thc before the 53 days. I am gonna go for different effects with the strain. I have another thats a bit further off Im going to let go longer. Maybe wait until some amber shows up on her.

What do you think of pulling the further along one for max thc within a couple days?

• alltatup
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	2.44 MB
ID:	184468Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	2.61 MB
ID:	184469Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	2.10 MB
ID:	184470

HARVEST LAST 3 PLANTS, SAT, MAR 10

Grow 6 is at an end, and dry/cure 6 are underway. Today I harvested the other three plants: 2 CBD Nordle and 1 Mazar. I decarbed a bit of the Mazar and vaped with a buddy; it was an intense and relaxing head high and relaxed body.

So my little midget colas got thick in the last three weeks. I harvested these three at the end of week 10 from switch to 12/12, and the Afghan Kush at the end of week 9. I'm happy with the phatness of the buds. My lil midgets.

Afghan Kush is curing away; her jar stays between 61-65% RH right now; the weather's quite dry right now during this chilly spell, so I'm keeping the heat fairly low (67 degrees)--but not within mold range--while the girls are drying, to compensate for low humidity. I'm quite please with how AK dried.

And I got lots of sticky trim drying for making my favorite--TINCTURES!!!!!
    Last edited by alltatup; 03-10-2018, 03:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nartak
    commented on 's reply
    Ha imbsure you know ATU,you're on a totally different level of growing than I am 😉️Just that 20g looked a lil easy to puff on the way you present it 😂️😆️✌️

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Nartak I know that, but I was quite pleased at how great she vaped right out of drying. It's her genetics.

• Nartak
    commented on 's reply
    Sweet info on the Afghan sis!She will be better with curing if u have something else to blaze while she's "fermenting".You think this will be a possible Thrichrome case for an OG Kush (being a Cush-ing strain)?

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    That’s what’s up, Dingus!!!

• DingusKhan
    commented on 's reply
    Very nice! Your buddy gave the best feedback ever. I finally had someone take a few hits of something I grew, look around for a second, open their eyes real big, and say "whoa, shit."

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    still have not chopped mine yet soon though very soon

• alltatup
    replied
    FINAL REPORT ON AFGHAN KUSH:

I harvested her on Sun morning; trichomes were predominantly translucent with a few clear and a few milky. I saw an occasional amber. From all that I've been reading about trichomes lately, I decided that since she is a 100% Afghan Kush, I wanted the high to have more THC and not allow it to degrade into CBN.

She dried for five days in a dark place temp around 67-68, humidity around 45-50%. Dry weight 20.5gm.

SMOKE REPORT: I vaped a bud with a buddy yesterday afternoon; it vaped beautifully. Delightful flavor, smooth vapor. Buddy took 3 hits and stopped.
    The high was very nicely relaxing and strong; a very kind head buzz. Afghan strains like this and Night Queen and Black Domina will become "narcotic" as they are described online if they are grown till triches are on the other end of the harvest window.
    Last edited by alltatup; 11-11-2018, 05:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Nartak, I'm not sure what you mean by holes in the stems, but the stems are strong.

• Nartak
    commented on 's reply
    Yup,the hanging buds seem to have holes in their stems from opening up to feeding,no? 2nd and 3rd is visible in the photo..

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    The humidity is perfect right now, and so is this little cold snap we're having!

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Good man!

• DingusKhan
    replied
    Very nice and frosty.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X