Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    You know how powerfully CBD acts on seizures!! That's awesome. An interesting fact: I just had my eyes checked, and this is the first time in literally years and years that I didn't need a new lens prescription; my eyes were stable. COINCIDENCE OR CANNABIS? I know what I believe.

• ZigZag
    replied
    Have to agree_ The combo of THC/CBD seems to work the best for me. Often I'll mix a high THC strain, say 18-26% and a CBD strain of 3-12%_But I never really know what the end result is. Got to admit I like the tinctures too- the delivery is nice_faster than eating it_ and it lasts for 4-8hrs for me so you don't need to "partake" nearly as often which is great for being "discrete". Everything else is discrete too_ no smoke, no smell. But when I want an immediate delivery there is the vape or bong or even a joint....well probably not a joint if I already took the tincture! I save my most potent and tasty bud for vaping or smoking.
    Cheers to all!
    As an aside it is great for so many different things_ I have seizures from a head injury and take meds to keep it under control. Most of the time they work but occasionally I have "break through" seizures_ mostly due to a lack of sleep, stress, a combination of the two, and I think dehydration can contribute. anyway the meds I take often cause insomnia which has been cured since I started using cannabis again after so many years. Also interestingly the incidence of break through seizures has been reduced by 50% which is substantial. Whether its due to the terpenes in the cannabis directly, the fact that I get good sleep and less stress or more likely a combination of the two.I just have to tartrate the tinctures after each batch to make sure I don't overdo it!

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    I'm convinced that when the ECS is flooded with phytocannabinoids, we really do come into more balance and equilibrium; it must be, because cannabis is so good for so many things. I believe that the "high" or whatever we want to call it, is just as therapeutic as everything else.

• Dutchman1
    commented on 's reply
    I understand , really, Ive experienced much the same.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Kobayashi Mine smells sweet and intoxicating, but maybe it's the Bud Candy I use. One buddy says my herb smells like sweet tarts...

• Kobayashi
    commented on 's reply
    Smells quite strong. I can definitely see how it’s described as like chives. I don’t think it’s intensified much really but it’s hard to tell.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    I want a high THC tincture, like 75% high-THC bud and 25% high CBD bud so I can get nice and high and still be getting all the benefits of the CBD. I'm also going to make a Nordle tincture with bud, which I just jarred and started to cure. It is quite sticky and smells divine.

So getting high on THC when my system is saturated with CBD is fantastic, and tinctures give me the best highs I can ever remember having. They last much longer and are more intense, have a wonderful peaking period, and a much better easing down than I ever got vaping or smoking. I basically spend the next 6-7 hours coasting my way down after the high has peaked and is in descent.
    Last edited by alltatup; 03-22-2018, 02:57 AM. Reason: Felt like it

• Dutchman1
    commented on 's reply
    I agree, I try to do the same, close to 1/1 with maybe a little more THC for that "reward" as you say, lol. I use different tinctures for different times of the day and also whether I have to speak in public or teach etc. Night time tends to be a little higher THC level tincture. This will shock some but I very rarely Smoke or vape weed. Only tinctures. I also make some edibles.They work best for me and are the easiest to dose. Every time I try a friends " killer weed" they are correct and im dead to the world, lol.

• ZigZag
    replied
    That would be a nice combo to try. I usually make my tinctures with about 50/50_ THC/CBD_ some of the high CBD strains just aren't great for smoking, so I use them in tinctures. My objective is to get any other strain that has at least 12-15% THC so there's at least a little "reward"...Also found that_at least in my humbled limited experience_that having about 50/50 works best for me. I have a really hard time judging how much CBD is in it because I don't get high_ wish there was some way to measure that without having to go to a lab and pay for it.But for now...just stick with what seems to be working.

Leave a comment:

• ZigZag
    commented on 's reply
    alltatup_That's for sure, I'm with you on that. Even my 25 year old daughter loves that "retro" music as she calls it. "Dad" who are these guys? ...me_"Just listen and find out!"!.
    I'm so glad you could identify with that! I have to relive those days often enough that I can stay on track these days!
    I even go back as far as Jefferson Airplane, The Byrds, Deep Purple,Gratefull Dead, led Zeppelin,The Who, Quicksilver, etc.
    Hmmm... gonna have to make a playlist for doing my taxes today, ugh :~(

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    oldjarhead100 That is awesome. Can you find out what strains he used to make the RSO? I'd really like to know.

I was thinking of mixing Nordle and Mazar for another tincture.

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    ATU why dont you grind up some nordle and some high thc strain and mix the two together and vape that . I dont know what strain it is but a vet friend of mine gave me 2 syringes full of rso oil for me to try and I have to say when I take it about 730 then I sleep though the night not even getting up to pee that hasn't happened in a long time in fact before this oil I could count the times Ive slept though the night on one hand

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Kobayashi How does it smell? Has the smell intensified? I never saw many ambers on mine, just a few, but I generally don't wait for much amber.

I vaped the Nordle twice today, and definitely not much effect; a very mild head high. I think I may end up using the CBD-strong strains for tincture, so I can just take it like medicine since there's really not much buzz.

Paracelsus The nugs are dense!! The nails are changed!!!

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    ZigZag WHAT!!! Traffic was my favorite band in the early 70s!!!!! I caught Jim Capaldi's drum stick at a concert, and I was a goner from that moment forward. I LOVED John Barleycorn, Feelin All right, 40 thousand head men, low spark, and of course, med. goo. Whatta band!! That had to be some great inspiration for your cannabis alchemy!!

What CBD strains are you growing? So far, I like Nordle better than CBD Critical Cure because it gives a little buzz, but I'm rapidly arriving at the conclusion that the CBD-strong strains may be best for me as tinctures. If I'm not going to get high, why vape? I will have to try vaping it sometime when I'm feeling stressed to see if there's some immediate effect...
    Cheers!!

• Paracelsus
    commented on 's reply
    The Blue Delft is the bomb and you changed your nails. Those nugs seem stone hard

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X