Worst of Mjbizcon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst of Mjbizcon

The first couple of says I thought that the Wall Street sharks swimming around everywhere looking to feed where really bad. By the third day I realized the worst in the business are most of the already licensed dispensary owners and commercial rec. growers from OR., WA., NV.and Co.. They all talked about how they were trying to all keep up a united front against ANYONE NEW getting into the growing or dispensary business. This was their number one goal above all else. A few even said they would be happy to see unlicensed growers go to jail even small backyard guys in jail. The unbridled greed was astounding. These are guys mostly who went through changes since the 60s. how very disappointing it was. I feel sorry for all who will be kicked in the face by the people at the top as they also try to climb the mountain. All they had to say for themselves was it was their turn. I am afraid that after Fed. rec. legal that people will still be going to jail so the people with the monopolies on the licenses can keep profits high. I can"t count the times I heard "We need to know the yield per square foot that is all that counts". Sad indeed. The Wall Street sharks and these guys have one thing in common. All they care about is money and to hell with everyone else.

Im probably not as knowledgeable as you on this DD. But I do know that I can grow plenty good bud at home, despite the occasional fleck of dirt or dog hair glomming on to my buds. At first I was dismayed that my buds weren't as "dense" looking as much commercial product. Then I learned how its actually grown. Plant growth regulators, pesticides, etc. For the longest time much of the bud in dispensaries was flunking pesticide testing here in OR, but much was getting through because it wasnt all tested. The State didnt have the staff and growers comlained that too much regulation would kill the infant industry. They actually argued to relax existing contaminant thresholds. You know what the underlying reasoning was, of course, the almighty buck. The old saying rings true. If you want something done right, do it yourself. More power to you and all our growing brothers and sisters!!!!!!
    Organic only soil grower
    Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
    Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

Money makes the world go round,that clinking,clanking sound. If u think it’s any different for weed, Think Again"...

Comment

• desertdan
        desertdan commented
        Editing a comment
        The big guys from OR. that I talked to want all the regulation they can get to keep the next guy out. They don't want to compete they want to regulate everyone else out of business. I know it has become all about the money it always has been. Just sad.

Things have gotten a little better... I used to worry about going to jail for growing,
      now I worry about getting kicked out of my apartment, lol
      Just thankful that I can grow my own and have a little fun with it as well.
      Too bad all my friends don't have the same rights!

Comment

desertdan, a very sad commentary indeed, but not surprising. Not at all surprising. I've seen it happening all over the internet, folks trying to cash in and make a fast buck will sell anything. But to hear those guys talking that way without a bit of guilt, just admitting how they really are: it's disgusting.

I'll stay an outlaw, thank you very much.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          We must be kin-folks Alltatup, I was born an outlaw when it comes to sh-t like that, and an outlaw I will stay until Kingdom comes.

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          D.A.A.S.69 hell yes we's kin-folk...

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought so.

desertdan So was there anything there that was a positive for you? Something that you could share with us- that we could learn from- for growers I mean?
        Organic only soil grower
        Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
        Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

Yes there was. Check out my earlier post. Mjbizcon what an experience! It was fantastic for growers to meet all the grow equipment and nutrient manufacturers. Great place to go to get into the grow supply business. The grow supply guys want to buy you out not keep you from doing business.

Comment

Desertdan, your comment about "changes from the 60's" really struck a cord with me. I clearly remember seeing a change of additude from the "youngsters" in the early 70's and thinking it was the end of the counterculture! I live near the moonshine capital of the world so growing untaxed weed isn't much of a leap from making untaxed liquor!! Neither is legal in my state!!
            DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
            315 LEC
            6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
            6" Carbon filter
            3- 6" fans
            humidifier
            temp and humidity gauge
            5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
            FF trio nutrients

Comment

Nothing will ruin a good thing faster than a profit.
              Current grow:
              Strains: White Walker Kush Fem from DNA Genetics and Blue Afghan X Sour Diesel Fem from Stranger Seeds​​​

Medium: Kind Soil topped with Ocean Forest in 3.9gal autopots with a 12gal reservoir

Light: Horticulture Lighting Group HLG600H

Nutes: Plain PHd water

Area: 20in D x 36in W x 60in H Tent, 4" inline exhaust, 4" inline intake, and 6" circulation fan.

Methods: topping, LST, defoliation.

Germination: Dropped right in the soil

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X