MjBiz Con Las Vegas what an expeience!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MjBiz Con Las Vegas what an expeience!

I returned yesterday from the mj business expo in Las Vegas. It was all about on the business side of the industry. There were no plants and no buds or any kind or THC containing samples. The was lots and lots of CBD. I had three days of talking with fellow growers from all over the country. I talked with many nutrient makers and direct reps. There were major light, soil, nutrient. tent, hvac. and many more manufacturers and reps willing to answer any question or sell you what they make. I picked up pounds of catalogs, business cards and other info. I talked with soil manufacturers who want to give me enough soil to use for several plants as samples. All I have to do is send pictures. I got a bunch of sample nutrients and other goodies.I also got a free 45 gallon and 10 gallon grow bag from Roots bags. If I was an inside grower I would have needed several boxes to carry all samples to my car. An indoor grower would had been in paradise at that place. Several soil and nutrient manufacturers reps gave me their business cards and told me to call them direct with any questions. I met the guys from Green House seeds they came direct from Denmark. They suggested seeds that would be best for my particular growing climate and gave me several packs of rolling papers. It was a very expensive trip. This was the place to be if you want to start a grow supply or other ancillary supply business or if you were looking to invest big bucks directly in the new cannabis industry. I plan to start a grow supply business in the small town nearby. The show was NOT the place to be if you want to start a new commercial grow or a new dispensary only if you want to invest very big money in existing licensed dispensaries or existing licensed grows. I will post later about the worst part of this expo.

What a haul! I read about this conference but unfortunately I couldn't make it.

Comment

• desertdan
      desertdan commented
      Editing a comment
      Anyone already in the business looking for contacts,associations, networking and more business should had been there.

I thought I would repost this . It was a great conference. I did not want y'all to think it was all bad. Just a bad impression from licensed growers. I would attend again but I left with a feeling of a dark side in the industry. Very expensive for the small time grower $500.00 plus the 3 day trip to Vegas. What I learned there will double my yield next season that alone made it worth it. Plus all the freebies shown and a 45 gallon grow pot for free from Grass Roots Pots.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X