No announcement yet.

First Grow Candida (CD-1) & Jack Herrer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shit, in fact most of them are clear but many are amber clear too, not many milky ones.

Because it;s a low thc strain would the milky not appear so much and it would go from clear to amber?

Should I flush? I was thinking I'd get another week at least

Comment

Jack Herer is mostly cloudy with about 3-5% amber. very little clear. edit, rechecked other spots for more than 5%, I

I do see the cloudy in the Candida, its just at the base of the top bulb part, not the whole trichome.

Here's my decision right or wrong because I need to get other work done and I don;t want to waste what little THC is in the Candida in CBN conversion. I have no idea how long it take for a trichome to go from cloudy or clear to amber.

I'm flushing all the plants with Clearex and about 4 to 5 gallons of water. I'll give the Jack a little bit of molasses on the last gallon through and try to keep her going a bit longer.

That's it. all I can do
      Last edited by Cronk; 02-12-2018, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Alright. Final idiocy update for the day

After flailing around and freaking out trying to pull plants out of the tent to flush them, walking through the mud to get buckets of water, I have to build that walkway this spring, running clean water through my pots, clipping plant matter off, trying to see though a $10 microscope, seeing lots of amber....freaking out again, and again and again because I can't really see at all, an image through a $10 microscope is vaporous and fleeting and only leaves you unsure of what you think you may have seen. Shadows in the dead of night

Then
        D.A.A.S.69 is kind enough to tell me that the sugar leaves turn first and that I need to look in the actual bud. I clip some buds apart and sure enough, clear with a little milky.

I re-feed, day totally wasted for work.

weed
        Last edited by Cronk; 02-13-2018, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• Cronk
          Cronk commented
          Editing a comment
          alltatup thanks.

it was an attempt at humor after a weird day. This is the learning grow, or the first of many I should say. After that I am looking into auto feed systems. hand watering is not good for my situation

the thing about the microscope is that you see opposite left to right & up to down. so It's tricky to get it focused on what you need to see

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Humor, eh? Hope I didn't make a weird day weirder!! ;-} You'll get this down to a science.

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh my, I do that shit all the time too. OMG, Amber Alert! START CUTTING!! wait wait wait, relax...

Jack Herer bud I think these will get phat

Comment

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          DingusKhan I thought exactly the same thing! Got me more excited about the little seed that just popped its head up!
          Cronk Nice!

• Cronk
          Cronk commented
          Editing a comment
          It just looks big because I zoomed in. Thank, though. I think it looks juicy

DingusKhan & Campesino yours will def get that big and bigger. My plant is but 16" tall and I didn't water often enough. you guys will do much better. I think I'll get under 2 ounces but it will be strong

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          Cronk You did something right! The ends validate the means!

Going to start flushing the Candida today proper. I'm not going to water to much runoff, just plain ph'd water with enzyme. I think I have 1 or two weeks to go so hopefully I'll time it right now

The Jack will get ripen nutes and weak base for another week and maybe flush after that
        Last edited by Cronk; 02-14-2018, 03:48 PM.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          I ain't worried about you Alltatup, i know you gone git em at the right time. Lol
          I'm on grow me another one of them Afghan Kushes, i swear i believe its the best we ever smoked round my house, that's what my friends say too. I told them deadasses, they was gone have to grow their own sh-t. An leave mine the f-ck alone. lol.

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          D.A.A.S.69 To paraphrase the furry freak brothers, Friends will get you through times with weed, but then where do they go?

I say charge em at the door, DAAS!!

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ain't that the f-ckin truth, but that's pure Dee laziness, when they want even try to grow them some. They always want to help you at harvest time, too. Ain't that some sh-t.

Day 48 flower

feeding every day like I should have been all along. Learned a big lesson with that, ie, waiting till the pots get dry has killed my bud size while raising the ppm in the pot. no water, higher concentration of nutes, buildup, no liquid to deliver them to the plants, low yields. My over-watering phase really spooked me so I took the dry pot suggestion to heart and didn't move past it through flower. Once the roots filled the pot they were ready to be watered every day. Also, my next medium will have more perlite, I think I used only 20% this time.

So, I'm feeding every day at 500 ppm just MaxiBloom, Kool Bloom powder & enzymes until I see good trichomes then I'll water every day with enzymes and water.

runoff is under 700 for now so running plain water will easily flush out the pots if I allow a week of that, I hope, if the grow goes longer I'll drop the concentration again.

Bud size remains small so I'm just trying to get through this grow to start the next. Luckily I did a pretty good job with the manifolds so there are lots of bud sites. I'm going to place a bet that I get 1-1.5 ounces per plant. I'd be happy with that, I can't possible smoke an ounce per month, can I?

Next up is 3 Dinafem Industrial CBD Autos

I may try and build a top feed system for that but I'll probably wait till summer when I'm not growing so I can tweak it just right. I'm eyeballing a FloraFlex system. It's real nice but I think I'd be able to do the same thing for less with a not so slick DIY package.

Ok, lets eat

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Excellent insights, excellent learning, Cronk!!! That's what we do.

• Cronk
          Cronk commented
          Editing a comment
          word, thanks. alltatup

even though I'm doing my flush soon, my buds have responded to daily watering with new growth. not only in size but also fresh hairs and new green mass. I really think they would have been huge had I changed up my watering schedule at the beginning of flower.

I went ahead and ordered all the parts for my drip feed system so I;m psyched to get it in action with the next grow.

as an ex band mate used to say, "live and loin"

Comment

• Dutchman1
          Dutchman1 commented
          Editing a comment
          The ones you have now may get alot bigger than you think. You still have two or three weeks left right? Its amazing how much they fatten in the last two to three weeks.

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          Very nice. I think I'm over-reacting to my habit of overwatering. I'm going to try to increase my frequency a little too, but not overdo it.

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          I see you also started using the powder kool bloom... I began giving a small amount of the liquid to my girls and several flowers fell down under their own weight the next day (on smaller branches). Maybe coincidence...
          Its great that they are fattening now, so prob take a wait and see on starting your flush...

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X