Lucky Acres 9 autos journal 11/8/17

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OzBud View Post
    Autos can grow like crazy. I had growth up to 3.36" a day on a couple of days last grow and about a week of 2"+ a day. That was 100% inidca x ruderalis so I'm sure some Autos Sativa dominant varieties around might get 4-5" a day
    Hey hey! Yeah man this blue kush, I’m telling ya, talk about wanting to raise the roof!
    x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

Originally posted by PuravidaC View Post
      Lucky, are you keeping your LEC's 20 to 24 inches for plants? I have mine at 18" and wondered if they should be further away. Plants look good but short. First time trying autos. Mine are 2 1/2 weeks old and I haven't seen the kind of growth spurt mentioned here, but they are still in veg. Also, my ph is just under 7 and I have been trying to get it down a bit with last couple of watering but haven't been overly concerned as it is under 7. Should I be trying harder to get it closer to 6?
      I had a couple of unfortunate episodes earlier this year burning buds with lights that I’m being a bit extra cautious and attentive. So I decided that keeping them within a 18 to 24” range would be safe. Closer the better of course.
      ph at 6.3 and your plants can absorb all the micro nutrients available. So a range of 5.8 to 6.5 with a lil cal mag here and there does the trick. Check the ph chart somewhere here in the tutorials for a better look.
      yours should start shooting up soon
      cheers!
      x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

• PuravidaC
        PuravidaC commented
        Editing a comment
        I have always gone with PH between 6 and 7 for soil grows but my guy at local hydro store was showing me a chart, like the one here, that showed better absorption on the lower side of 6, especially nutrients needed for flower. Just watered this morning and run off still in upper 6 area. Gonna get more aggressive about lowering ph as my autos should start flowering in a week or two. Thanks for the info!

Originally posted by Beach_Town_Brit View Post
      That's some great stock Lucky
      Thanks brother!
      No shit hawk flying no shit storm in this grow my friend! 🤙🏻🤙🏻🤙🏻😜😜 hows Samsquach doing?

Comment

• Beach_Town_Brit
        Beach_Town_Brit commented
        Editing a comment
        One of them is going great, the other ... not so much. We'll see, might be my first failed Mephisto

Subscribed. What foliage spray are you using?

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        High Times has Foliar Essence as a hot new product this month. I'm definitely getting some for my next grow.

• Garrett
        Garrett commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome , I was looking for a foliar spray. It looks like you have had some great results. I am going to look that up.

• LuckyAcres
        LuckyAcres commented
        Editing a comment
        Canuck, great to hear!
        Trying it for the first time on autos, good to use till way into flower apparently 🤙🏻💪🏻💪🏻

Hey Lucky do you top the Autos for a second time like the gwe tutorial says(it talks about photos)in the tutorial it says to top after 6th node back to three bend and then top again when it has 6 nodes again back to third but leaving the second node so you have 8 kolas. just curious
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• LuckyAcres
        LuckyAcres commented
        Editing a comment
        I have done no topping at all on these girls, minimum defoliation on this grow. I’m trying to set up a monthly auto harvest and can’t afford any setback in time.

Day 28 - Week 5

Hello everyone!

This past week has been all about lst ...and CO2!

Lst first. One the Blue Kush sudden explosion had me fumbling around for stakes a bit earlier than expected!With limited height the plan is to stake and bend the plants at an angle as they stretch. It should soon look like a sea (pond?) of crooked ladies.

Other lst. I wired the lateral branches down to open up the crowns. Airpots are great to attach a wire btw!

First round of light defoliation, I took one or two fan leaf per plant and tucked in the others; bud spots are forming, they need light!

The bigger deal this week is the addition of CO2 to the grow! Been meaning to do this for a while and finally found a cheapish way to do it. A bucket, 20’ of 3/16” tubing, brewers yeast, carbon, sugar, h2o and somebody else’s design!!! Can’t be more than $60-70 grand total. It already smells like a bakery in there! I started with 5 cups of sugar and will add 1 or 2 everyday until harvest. The left over brew will help make great beer!

Everyone is in full flower mode now. They got water yesterday but I’ll introduce flower nutes next time, half strength. All the numbers are stable otherwise.

More pictures on Instagram @lucky_acres

Thanks for reading!
      Click image for larger version  Name:	A9C63C3E-780C-4F29-8C9E-5C8FB7DAF749.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.35 MB ID:	152143Click image for larger version  Name:	1BE731C9-D7CD-4C50-BB98-A6487624956E.jpeg Views:	3 Size:	1.92 MB ID:	152149Click image for larger version  Name:	771184D8-112D-4D9B-A433-BAE1E2C2EC38.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.12 MB ID:	152145Click image for larger version  Name:	0E31E983-4076-4351-8881-486E648E03B2.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.69 MB ID:	152146Click image for larger version  Name:	6368A61D-4C41-4129-8437-B4A66EABB717.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.81 MB ID:	152148Click image for larger version  Name:	E8424D01-F394-47CF-93C7-5310150F2076.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	944.5 KB ID:	152147
      Attached Files
      Last edited by LuckyAcres; 12-07-2017, 12:23 AM.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking good Lucky my co2 generators are the same design but in gallon jugs ,it raised the c02 to in the 1200 s My meter only does high/low with no reset so I dont know daily values

• PuravidaC
        PuravidaC commented
        Editing a comment
        Love your co2 DIY generator! I was looking at your tube placement at plant and did a quick Google search to see if co2 is denser or heavier than air. It is so tube placement looks perfect! You may already know that but thought I would throw it in the conversation.

• Cronk
        Cronk commented
        Editing a comment
        so cool, this. Is there any increased chance of bugs or mold with this or do the hoses keep everything clean and out of the bucket?

Originally posted by Beach_Town_Brit View Post
      One of them is going great, the other ... not so much. We'll see, might be my first failed Mephisto
      Stupid ass shithawks!

Comment

Originally posted by oldjarhead100 View Post
        Looking good Lucky my co2 generators are the same design but in gallon jugs ,it raised the c02 to in the 1200 s My meter only does high/low with no reset so I dont know daily values
        Yeah I’m gassing up blind for now I’m afraid! I step out when I start getting dizzy! 😂😂 spilled too many gallon jugs, big bucket is way better!

Comment

Originally posted by PuravidaC View Post
          Love your co2 DIY generator! I was looking at your tube placement at plant and did a quick Google search to see if co2 is denser or heavier than air. It is so tube placement looks perfect! You may already know that but thought I would throw it in the conversation.
          Thanks for the reminder! We’re all stoners here! But yes it’s heavier than air. Had to redirect some of the fans away from the plants too.

Comment

How do you think the plants are doing with the foliar essence ?

Comment

• LuckyAcres
              LuckyAcres commented
              Editing a comment
              That stuff is great! Really gives them a boost in veg I feel like... bushier endings, closer nodes... the only way to really see this is to do a comparative grow like I did this summer

how often do you have to recharge the big bucket, and what is the recipe to start with,
            new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
            current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• LuckyAcres
              LuckyAcres commented
              Editing a comment
              I add a couple cups of sugar every other day about or when the yeast smell starts disappearing.
              Started with about 4 gallons of water(borrowed the bucket, was told up to the faint red line!😂). A pack of brewers yeast Classic 8 Turbo Yeast, à pack of Turbo Carbon(my buddy makes beer with the used mix at the end) and 5 cups of sugar. Stir and serve!

Originally posted by Cronk View Post
            so cool, this. Is there any increased chance of bugs or mold with this or do the hoses keep everything clean and out of the bucket?
            The lid is tight so it’s only co2 coming out. Can’t stay there too long anymore, gets dizzying!

Comment

... it’s been a busy week...

Staked a few more stretchers under the lecs, the 2 under the led are stacking up like crazy but seem in no hurry to stretch at all though.
              The CO2 bucket is still rocking the bakery! 😂 couple cups every day or so of sugar, whenever the smell goes down...
              On the 8th I supercropped all the branches terminals, no bending just pinching and breaking the inside tissues. I’ll show knuckle pics next week.
              I cranked up the food to full dosage on the Emerald Harvest and additives, they didn’t bat an eye! Nutes ppm at 1100 for a 6.4 ph.
              I also did a major defoliation to uncover all the bud spots on the 11th, again, they were unphased! I got me some tough ladies! The way I like ‘em!
              Everything else is chugging along!
              Cheers!

Comment

Looking good, Lucky! I got some freebie Mazar Auto seeds last order so would love to hear your opinion on that strain. It's supposed to be high yield but I have read mixed reviews on effect.

Comment

• LuckyAcres
                  LuckyAcres commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Pura! Never tried it before, all I know is everyone I mention it to gets super excited!

Better late than never, awesome work Lucky, they are beautiful!
                Current grow:
                Strain: 2 THC Bomb Photo from Bomb Seeds
                Medium: Roots Organic Soiless Coco, 3gal Smart Pots
                Lighting: Viparspectra PAR600 LED (285 true watt)
                Nutes: GH Flora Trio, Calimagic, and Hydroguard
                Area: 36"x20"x63" Tent, 4" inline fan
                Methods: Topping, LST, Defoliation

Comment

• LuckyAcres
                  LuckyAcres commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you man! I love them!

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X