Nanner nanner boo boo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nanner nanner boo boo

Found a great nanner specimen on my pineapple chunk last night, cut that bud off and found another nanner tonight, l trimmed out a nanner chuck sooooooooo......

last nutes was Friday 11/10 on all plants. Add molasses water last night to start the flush when it was found.

pineapplechuck is 80% cloudy and would like to flush a little longer, at least once, ideal 2 or 3 times . but that adds up 6 to 10+ days of the bananapineapplechunk in the tent with 3 other plants.
    I'm 2 to 3 weeks out on the other plants and don't want to panic and cut it but I want to reduce the risk/amount of pollination in the others.

Iam looking for knowledge on a time line of seed development?
    Real life nanner advice in my time line removed/ non removal?
    I would welcome all and advice. If I missed anything......

Click image for larger version  Name:	20171114_190047.jpg Views:	1 Size:	765.5 KB ID:	145766
    Last edited by Mr.furley; 11-16-2017, 01:25 AM.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Hey Mr.Furley, mighty pretty, I think by the time you see that nanner, it's already to late, . But if you have seeds It want be many,
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      I know one thing Mr Furley, you sure have been growing some outstanding, beautiful buds lately. You must be using a little gas on em huh ? juskidn

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      I'v had some great teacher that are very supportive Thank you so much daas.
      No Gas! Just Love.

Mr. Furey, I believe I read in a book by Jorge Cervantes, That female plants will Nanner if harvested to late as a last ditch effort to pollinate itself. When I get time, I will see if I can find the paragraph and post it for you.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

Mr.furley hey bro! Those buds look great, sans the banana's. I was thinking, maybe this would be a good opportunity to do a lil cross breeding (and free seeds), could you remove the plant and open the sack get a toothpick and pollinate 1-2 flowers on another female starting to bloom?!!??!!

Comment

That's a great Idea GRAND I chopped the first bud to the test pile and clipped the tip pictured into a bag. That Idea is there, but at last I'm pretty sure that's it's a genetic mutation seeds came from seedy dispensary weed. Im not sure that a genetic Hermie is stable to breed without a high risk of hermie? But it is on my mind.

Comment

Mr.furley Same thing happened to me on my current harvest, but I'm really not finding all that many seeds. Nebula told me that just plain old genetics can cause hermies sometimes, and I know I was right on schedule with my plants.
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Mr. Furley, here is a snippet from Jorge Cervantes that I read this morning. Not the exact one I referenced but close.

Intersex or Hermaphrodite Flowers Intersex or hermaphrodite flowers may occur, sometimes near the end of the blooming cycle, though occasionally they appear earlier. Plants that flower past peak potency are most prone to show intersex flowers. Intersex plants are more common in some strains.

The other place I read it made it seem as though Nanners were a last attempt at survival near the end of the flowering stage. Some thing he is basically saying her as well.

Hope this helps.

Madman

Comment

Grown plenty out in the woods ,you can just count on a few hermies, no matter how perfect the grow was. And if you plant any of the seeds, they got a good chance of hermie, they also got a good chance not to hermie also. All seeds have a chance to hermie.
              Cfls for a week or two
              315lec for everything else
              Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
              36x36x63 inch tent.
              6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
              Smart pots
              Molasses
              Autoflowers

Comment

Thanks folks and Madman960 I appreciate the snippet. It makes sense, it is at harvest and after a ltitle digging around the info on the likelihood of a major seed outbreak seems low for my harvest window, there is a lot of evidence that indicate late age bananas and nanners are more then likely to be sterile.
                From most info on seed development it will be 4 to 6 weeks for seeds to mature, most of the strains the aurora indica and green crack are close to ready, the fourth plant is unknown and may be 4 more weeks. It would be the one I'd care least about.
                I just wish I was a little farther along in my flush, maybe I mis-read the trichromes, maybe chunk doesn't go amber. I don't know, but what I do know is that lam a fixin to smoke the shit out of it seeds or not.

Comment

I don't think you'll see a lot of seeds (if any) since you obviously caught it right away and seeds typically take up to 6 weeks to develop. In any case, a small amount of pollination this late in development is not going to have much of an effect on your buds besides possibly just finding a few seeds. Every grower, even with a perfect environment and the best genetics, will likely get a hermie and/or see at least a few seeds in their buds eventually. It's just a numbers game when we have soooo many flowers in our grow rooms, and there's always going to be some amount of natural variation when dealing with live plants. Nanners trim right off so you won't even see them on your beautifully manicured buds

Comment

May i ask a silly question? what is Nanner means? is it means seed kind of stuff? thanks

Comment

• NebulaHaze
                      NebulaHaze commented
                      Editing a comment
                      "Nanner" is short for banana. It's what we call the long slender growth (often yellow and can resemble a banana) that can appear when the plant is "herming". http://www.growweedeasy.com/male-pla...ermies#bananas

Herming means the plant is becoming a hermaphrodite, which just means it has grown some male flowers or male flower parts. As growers, we only want to harvest female flowers, and fully or partially formed male flowers can pollinate the female flowers and cause them to produce seeds. A few seeds never hurt anyone, but a heavily pollinated bud will spend all its energy on seeds instead of buds. That's why growers try to immediately remove any male or hemie plants. However, the later in the flowering stage, the less of an effect you'll see from pollination since seeds don't have enough time to form.

• isaackei
                      isaackei commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you NebulaHaze. I read that article before, just not notice "nanner". XD. thank you still.

Thank you NebulaHaze for your great advice and support, I have not found any new definable bananas or nanners although I have some questionable spots, I'm going to ride it out should only be a couple more day.
                    here is a better before and after picture of the nanner bud. I thought the definition was great in the picture.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2017-11-18 19.02.19.jpg Views:	1 Size:	130.3 KB ID:	146762
                    AFTER
                    I could hardly tell
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	2017-11-18 00.52.30.jpg Views:	1 Size:	906.8 KB ID:	146763

Comment

• alltatup
                      alltatup commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes, Mr.furley, GREAT pictures!!!!

• oldjarhead100
                      oldjarhead100 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      that is a very cool picture Mr furley

• Mr.furley
                      Mr.furley commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks folks, despite what it was I thought it looked pretty cool. NebulaHaze please feel free.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X