Scrog frame build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scrog frame build

Still need to build my scrog frame. I have 4 pieces of 4 ft 1x3 lumber to make the frame. Should I drill holes in the center every 2.5-3 inches or put mini eye bolts on top? I also purchased 4 heavy duty large eye bolts for the outside corners. The plan is to Velcro the HD eye bolts to my tent frame so it can move up with the plants as they grow. I got outdoor quality Velcro that supposed to hold up to 15 pounds. Any input is appreciated.

Happy growing.

Madman

I used small eyelets screwed in on the top. I spaced them 1" apart. Then used some basic cotton string to make my grid, which made it easier to harvest, just cut strings and pull them off buds. hope this helps a little. good luck bro!!

Comment

Do not use velcro! What if it lets go it will crush ur plants and break everything just drill the eye hooks into the wood and use zip rackets.

Comment

A freind of mine had that 15pound velcro and we put it on picture frames on the wall and one day the picture just fell down and smashed so I advice not useing it

Comment

Thanks Grand. I have all my plants in bubble buckets now so I need to get it done.

Thanks Tyler. I can use zip ties.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

hey madman how about eye hooks top and bottom and the adjustable light hanger ratchets that would be fairly easy to put up and take down, my friend uses metal fencing with 4 inch holes works great. I purchased a cotton one on line to try out
            new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
            current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Madman960
              Madman960 commented
              Editing a comment
              OJH, In regards to the eye bolts to and bottom, is that too run 2 screens or just for the ratchet hangers? Thanks.

Madman

I just used 550 cord rapped around my tent frame to hold the scrog.
            I drilled holes in my scrog frame for the net.
            also u don't need to put your screen in in till u have a nice bushy plant. Just my thoughts.
            I am interested in how u are going to change your res when you have your scrog in. This is somthing I struggled with and that's why I have a external res now.
            there is no way for me to lift the lid on my buckets now as the presser frm the plant has locked everything in place
            It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

• Madman960
              Madman960 commented
              Editing a comment
              ABT, That's a great question. I hadn't thought about that. Maybe I will invest in some bottling buckets used for making 🍺. They run about $15 but are 7 gallons and have a hole drilled near the bottom for a spigot. Thanks.

Madman

• Madman960
              Madman960 commented
              Editing a comment
              Abt, Thanks for the advice. I decided to manifold instead of SCROG. I will try SCROG when I do a soil grow. Thanks.

Madman

What about building individual SCROGs? Use weights or bricks to keep them in place. Or make a bracket to slide under the individual buckets.

Thanks.

Madman

Comment

I wouldn't pay the price for it myself, but you could easily make a DIY version with something like an old desk chair base

The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
              Water Curing Experiment
              My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

• Xcardplayer
                Xcardplayer commented
                Editing a comment
                Horrible product, i tried it, wouldnt recomend.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X