No announcement yet.

Grams Per Watt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems that 'watts out of the wall' is still the determining factor is estimating what any grower will be able to yield. Some growers can do better per watt than other growers, but it doesn't appear that growers can increase yields per watt with different lights, unless those lights are contributing significantly to the plants 'environment; (temp and humidity).
    This may be a little controversial, and newer lights are making great strides, but the results seem to be reasonably consistent.
    completed 7 grows
    what I have learned so far:
    environment maters more than nutrients
    at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
    effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

In this video, BigMike visits "Paperclip", one of a group of extraordinary professional marijuana growers in Truckee, CA who reveal their industry secrets sh...

Comment

Has anyone else herd of getting 3pounds per 1150w lights? I seen this and was amazed I wounder if its actualy possible?

Comment

• Flockshot
          Flockshot commented
          Editing a comment
          2.9 lbs per light is equal to 46.4 oz per light (10.64 oz per plant with 4 plants) equals about 1300 grams. If the lights are 1000 w lights that is 1.29 grams per watt..

We have growers on this site who claim very similar results.

This guy has all the bells and whistles in his sealed room, lights that complement each others plants, co2 system, etc. I guess it is possible, but not realistic for my hobby setup.

P.S. Whenever I see a nutrient company promoting this stuff, it raises many red flags.

• Flockshot
          Flockshot commented
          Editing a comment
          Coming from you, I will make note of that and consider trying emerald harvest 3 part. Coming from YouTube, it's just in one ear and out the other.

I do agree it raises red flags, but I have also used different nutrients and I have noticed better results with different nutes emerald harvest 3part seems to be the best for the price so far

Comment

• Flockshot
          Flockshot commented
          Editing a comment
          I accidently put my comment up above in previous post..

I almost doubled my yeild from switching from fox farm trio 3 part to emerald harvest 3part without any other factors changeing. Then after adding npk industrys line up, white sugar mollasas and a strong pk 50/34 I seen an extra improvment of about 30-40 percent more yeild. in 4 weeks my harvest will be done and I will give an updated yeild of my grow for people.

Comment

• GreenDragonRon
          GreenDragonRon commented
          Editing a comment
          That is quite the increase of yield. I've been looking for Emerald Harvest here in Canada with no luck. I will probably search a little harder once my gallon jugs of GH are almost empty.

• tyler_ hobbyist
          tyler_ hobbyist commented
          Editing a comment
          I got my stuff on ebay and it cost 60 bucks per gallon well worth the money! Just dnt waste ur money on honey chome. White sugar works better. The rest of the line up is great but exspensive so I just use the 3 part then npk industrys for the rest its powder and way cheaper.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X