No announcement yet.

Madman's 1st grow. DWC journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That makes good sense. How can you get similar growing environments if you do 2 separate grows?

I am using Nukeheads Nuclear Juice and Hydroguard. I have their soil nutes too. Their soil nutes are supposed to not kill plants even with a severe overdose. It does not say that for the Nuclear Juice. But I figure if it's just 2 ingredients in the water every 2 weeks, I shouldn't screw up too much.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

Chrystal in her new home until I move her to a larger bucket.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

If you really want two tents, just stick to hydro in both, or soil in both, this way, for the most part, things will be uniform, hydroponic problems and soil problems are different and occur for different reasons.

Comment

That one little hydroton stone is lonely all by itself

Comment

Lol. Yes. It's just there to hold the RR plug. I will be putting in a bigger net cup soon, I hope. My white rhino and super skunk appeared this morning. 1 of each. I have already made them similar mini bubblers out of empty coffee containers. They have been started in soil, so I can just put them in hydroton.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

This morning when I went to check temps and humidity, I found my white rhino and super skunk poking through the soil. Hoping to have more plants pop up throughout the week. Here is a pic of how I like to start some of my plants. Nothing fancy but I find the extra headroom beneficial. I remove the bags once I notice a sprout. The bag helps in case I don't notice right away. Doesn't happen often. Plus the bags are reusable as long as I don't rip them.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

• stevenics
                stevenics commented
                Editing a comment
                Hmmm. I like that a lot,,, it's so obvious and simple but like, perfect for hours is being used!! Great ingenuity! I've used cut soda bottles but theynnever seemto be sturdy.

I. read about it something like 20 years ago, so don't remember the source. I still use it in for a small amount of plants. For larger amounts of plants, I would use something with a tall humidity done.

Comment

Well, looks like my 1st grow will be 4 plants. 2 Chrystal, 1 White Rhino, 1 Super Skunk. My 2nd Chrystal sprout has 3 cotledons and 3 leaves. I'm hoping that won't be an issue. I have 3 seedlings in soil. Can't wait until I can put them in net pots so I can have 4 DWC setups.

On a side note, I have 1 tomato plant in a DWC. It was started at the same time as my soil plants and is the same variety. I only tried to overdose 1 soil plant with the nutes I got for soil growing cannabis. The plant did not die. It does have slight nute burn. These nutes were specifically designed for cannabis. In fact it's actually larger than all my other plants including the DWC plant. Thicker stalk as well. All plants are under the 1500 watt LED. ( not the 4 cannabis plants ) I find it odd that the soil plants is growing faster, thicker, and bushier than the DWC. It's only 1 plant so it's not conclusive or anything. Tomato seeds were placed in RR plugs roughly 3 weeks ago.

Happy Growing.

Madman

Comment

Im coming along for the ride madman! It looks like it'll be a good one Good luck!!
                  3rd Grow
                  Amnesia Haze, Bubbliciois, Super Skunk
                  Tent- 4x4x6.5
                  Light- 600w HPS/ 220w COB
                  Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
                  Pots- 3gal fabric
                  Nutrients- None

Comment

Should be fun. Thanks for tagging along.

Madman

Comment

I'm going to tag along. Looking good
                      Current grow:
                      Strains: White Walker Kush Fem from DNA Genetics and Blue Afghan X Sour Diesel Fem from Stranger Seeds​​​

Medium: Kind Soil topped with Ocean Forest in 3.9gal autopots with a 12gal reservoir

Light: Horticulture Lighting Group HLG600H

Nutes: Plain PHd water

Area: 20in D x 36in W x 60in H Tent, 4" inline exhaust, 4" inline intake, and 6" circulation fan.

Methods: topping, LST, defoliation.

Germination: Dropped right in the soil

Comment

ABW3, buckle up. It should be a blast.

I moved older Chrystal to a 5 gallon bucket and all 4 plants are now in the tent under the 1500 watt LED. So far, no more stretching. I have been feeding my seedlings daily. Full strength nutes. Even the 3 day old ones. Yes, I know you are not supposed to, however, I a testing the laim that you can not over feed with these nutes. Or at least it's supposed to be difficult. So far, so good. I will get pictures tomorrow morning. I will be moving the other 3 plants to DWC this coming weekend. Likely Friday night.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

I will add pictures tomorrow. But just wanted to post an update. All 4 plants look healthy. 1st Chrystal is in a bubble bucket. I put her in before Roots had time to develop properly. I have 1 white rhino and 1 super skunk that are a few days younger but are the same size or larger that I started in soil. I have a 2nd Chrystal that is about 5 days old and has 3 leaves. Same size as the other plants. Plan to place these 3 plants in bubble buckets on Wednesday. Can't wait for the explosive growth to start.

I have a soil tomato plant and a hydroponic bubble bucket tomato plant. It also got put in the bubbler to soon. The soil plant was bigger and bushier and the stalk was thicker. I started to watering the bubbler plant 2 days ago, and it has doubled in size. Hoping my other plants respond in the same manner minus the top feeding.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

Comment

Transferred my 3 soil plants to bubble buckets today around 5 PM. I hope they respond well. My Super Skunk has a crazy Roots system. It's 11 days old from seed. Hopefully they don't grow to fast.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                              X