Deli Friend curing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deli Friend curing

I grew some out door Delhi Friend and had some problems lost one of 2 plants. Clone one three times. The original plant was good but week due to grow problems. I learned and the clones grew to full potential. Both were dried same. Mother plant has been in jars two weeks and smell is good. Clone grown as should have been is in jar for 2 days and aroma and smell are absolutely intoxicating. Same thing with some Kush clones aroma from jars after one day is incredible. I think good genetics and grow needs little cure if any for good smell and taste. I can't imagine what this will be like if cure makes a difference. I have always wondered how these guys produce enough quick enough for commercial sale. Good genetics good grow simple no cure required.

I've found that most dispensaries cure for about 2 weeks. Very few commercial producers cure for longer than that because they don't want to hold onto the stock, so they sell their buds on the greener side. A lot of people also find buds to look prettier when they're just a few weeks old because they appear more brightly colored. That being said, buds that are only cured for a few weeks don't feel as strong as far as effects. When people are used to dispensary bud, they can get overwhelmed by the psychoactive effects of properly cured homegrown. I know that's been a problem when I try to share homegrown with friends who are using to buying it. Curing increases the potency of any strain, and if you do it right it also enhances the smell and makes buds smoke smoother.

Comment

• desertdan
      desertdan commented
      Editing a comment
      I have heard from some dispensary people that around here they have no time to cure because they barely can keep up with demand. I know that none of the free market weed from Ca. is cured.I have seen it arrive in this state in big plastic garbage bags. Curing does make it stronger and taste and smell much better. Just saying it is possible for fresh weed to taste and smell great.

• Tika
      Tika commented
      Editing a comment
      10-4 that! Curing is the final polish

What we're smoking at my house has been in jars since July 25th and there is no doubt in my mind and all my buddies that it's getting stronger and sweeter everyday.
    Also got a good bit more of differant kinds that's been in the jars lots longer, but I can't say the same about it. It still gets the job done though.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X