Help for old or hard seeds to open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help for old or hard seeds to open

Is there anything else you can do to help old or hard seeds to germinate when using the damp cloth on a plate in a warm place? Seems I heard adding a touch of hydrogen peroxide will help? Anyone know the answer?

Hey how u doing , old seeds could take a while to germinate 2 weeks or even 3 the longest I went was 16 days with old seeds that was a while back so now when I know I have old seeds what I do is get some really thin sandpaper roll it up and put tape around it make like a little tube but the seeds in there and shake them not a lot just a little bit , then I put them in a cup of water for 20 or 24 HRs then put them in a wet paper towel and in two or three days they're good to go,, , I saw a video on YouTube and I did it and it worked out good for me

Comment

• St.buds
      St.buds commented
      Editing a comment
      I was gana say the same thing except I put my sandpaper in a medicine bottle and shake the seeds up for about 30 seconds

That will work , from what I read it makes the shell of the seed soft but I have tried it and it worked for me

Comment

• St.buds
      St.buds commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea a friend of mine showed me this and he explained it like the sand paper scratches the shell allowing water to soak in easier

Soak. Seeds ! Some times for a week,change water daily my option lol

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X