Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the proper method for flushing when using Flora Kleen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the proper method for flushing when using Flora Kleen?

Greetings GWE community! I am getting close to harvest and wanted to know about using products such as Flora Kleen from General Hydroponics. The feed schedule calls for it to be used a week after the last nutrient feeding. However, I was wondering if it would be better to use it right before harvesting? Basically my thinking is as follows: Flora Kleen removes all excess salts and nutrient deposits from the mix. Wouldn't you want to do that at the very end so that any residual nutrients would be used up when adding pHed water? Or should I flush it of everything and then just give it pHed water from then on until cutting it? I also should note I plant on harvesting in stages because half of the plant is ready while the other half needs more time. Thanks for any advice and happy growing!
    Whoever's growing a small patch of cannabis behind the gymnasium, congratulations! You have won a cruise! Report to security to claim your tickets.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ellz GrowCam Channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Z...pnwuazYQD6URA/
    Ellz GrowCam Time Lapse Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...1nS2a9LvXEdmya

1st Hydro Grow: 600W MH/HPS Homemade Bubbleponics Homemade Cabinet - White Poison (White Widow x Durban Poison) COMPLETE! Final yield: 10.2 ounces off 2 plants. 124 days total from seed (34 days vegetative + 90 days flower)

2nd hydro - Peyote Cookies and OG Kush https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-mh-strain-tbd COMPLETE! Final yield: 11.8 ounces combined, 2.7 ounces of Peyote Cookies (150 days from seed), 9.1 ounces of OG Kush (138 days from seed).

I'm watching this thread for comments ellz. I'm right at flush myself and my flora kleen is sitting there waiting for me to figure out what to do with it! If no one has any better advice, I'm planning in using it tonight or , tomorrow night then finishing the flush with a couple of ph water only feedings.I figure you want to flush everything at the end, even the flushing agent.
    4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

Use that flushing agent every ten day or so throughout the whole grow.. Last week or so of life use it every singleday and give till at least 25% runoff.. No need to rinse the product itself out..

Comment

• ellz
        ellz commented
        Editing a comment
        Good info, thanks!

• ellz
        ellz commented
        Editing a comment
        So you are using it to flush out between nutrient changes as well? Do you have to let it circulate for a few days between nutrient changes by doing that?

• Sheesh
        Sheesh commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks a bunch Green.

Howdy ellz, I use the FloraKleen according to the label directions. I use two teaspoons (10 ml) per gallon, let it circulate for three days, then drain and refill the reservoir with plain pH'ed water for three more days. As Green75 said, It can be used to prevent any salt build up during the growing period. How ever One uses the flush, I think that it is well worth the time and effort as it (in my experience) greatly reduces the curing time and smooth out the bud.
      Good luck with Your grow.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• ellz
        ellz commented
        Editing a comment
        DW2 it's a 10gal that I fill with 5gal. I can probably fit another gallon without it coming too close to the net pot but it will leave very little air space at first. However, with as fast as the plants are drinking the water, I imagine it would be okay because the level will drop quickly and allow more air to flow. What do you think?

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        ellz, If the water is WELL aerated, the gap between the bottom of the net pots and the water level is not as critical. I have been using two 2"X4" air stones with a dual outlet (127 GPH) pump for each reservoir. On my next grow, I'm going to use four 2"X4" air stones with a quad outlet (254 GPH) pump. I have been having to add new air stones about halfway thru the grow because the first stones get 'root bound'. I'm hoping the with twice as many stones, the roots will not 'bunch up' as much.

• ellz
        ellz commented
        Editing a comment
        I am using a 4-way (254GPH) pump with four 2x4 stones and it works pretty good. The stones are pretty buried in the roots by the end of the grow but they still make bubbles.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X