Help makeing a dry box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help makeing a dry box

Alright so iv seen people drying in a card board box but half them say put holes in it with a fan blowing through and half say dont use the fan. So just trying to see if anyone drys this way and seeing if you could tell me how. So i could steal your method and dry these buds out when i harvest and get good potent buds to cure
    DWC/hydroton clay pellets600w digital/dimmable ballast,
    250w MH veg,400w HPS flowering,floratrio nute schedule ,48*32*60 grow tent,
    current grow: feminized blue wizard
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...c-grow-journal

This here is the dry box I used for my very first grow a while back. It measures 31" x 21" x 12' deep. I first used it to quickly hide my plant (which was in early veg and was during the dark cycle) from an unexpected guest lol. I just wanted to quickly place it over the plant without disturbing it. Worked like a charm. Anyway, after removing the box, I decided to just use it as a dry box as well. I made the holes, slid some thin rope across the inside top twice, made a tight knot, burned the tip of the knot a bit and did the same for the one middle rope. Since I was growing just one plant, that’s all I basically needed. Then I placed the box in a very dark corner of the room I had prepared for it. Now I just hang them to dry in the same room I grow them in. No box needed.

As far as fans go, I didn’t want my buds to dry too quickly, so I had a very small fan hitting the walls, which then just barely reached the buds. You have to feel them every day to make sure they’re not drying too fast though. If they are, then either move the fan away, turn down the setting, or turn it off altogether. I guess it also depends on how many buds you're trying to dry. A couple of plants I guess a small fan to no fan will do. If you have good air circulation in the room you're drying them in, then you may not even need a fan. Large quantities of buds I'm guessing may require a fan or two.
    Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
    White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

• Graff420
      Graff420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Iight imma have my auto going 24 7 in the tent when i chop so i was gonna set up a dry box to set in the cornor of the tent and dry while the auto grows i didnt think to wait to plant the auto for after i dry my bud my plan was to use the tent at the end of every grow but i forgot about the drying and already planted the auto so oh well imma set up a box like that tho thanks for replying really appreciated for reals

• Cannabliss
      Cannabliss commented
      Editing a comment
      Anytime my friend. Good luck with the project and growth.

Morning Graff420, the box your talking about might be alot alot better, but i have always mostly just hung mine in dark closet with a little air from a fan blowing against the wall, but not directly on those killer buds. Good Luck with box though.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      Do what DAAS says.

• Graff420
      Graff420 commented
      Editing a comment
      I cant use my closet its got a water heater in there so its always about 95°F and 84° RH all the time so just kinda screwed with useing my closet imma probably make a box and just dry them in their because i screwed myself by planting a new plant to soon way to high no idea what i was thinking when i did

hey Graff I used a long thin cardboard box 12x14x36 ran string end to end cut two 6 inch holes in sides then when I was drying I put the box on top of my light worked great good luck
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Hey Graff, I'm just about to chop and one plant may beat the other two be a few days. I bought a uhaul wardrobe box for about $12. This box is the size of a refrigerator and comes with a bar to hang from. My plan is to put the box right next to my tent. Cut a 4" hole and use a short piece of flexible ducting from the box to a tent intake port. that way the smell should go into the tent and out the exhaust. For intake I'm cutting a rectangle at the bottom front of the box. I was thinking of using the cut out piece of cardboard as a valve to try to regulate the airflow into the box. But, I may be chopping all 3 at once and not use the box. I should know within a few days. If I use it, I'll take some pictures and post it with my results.
      4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

Sheesh, that's an awesome idea. I saw a 6 tier clothing hanger at Walmart for $6. That inside the box should work great for me in the future. Thanks for sharing.

Madman

Comment

So should i use a fan or no fan iv got them in a box in my grow tent with a few breathing holes its at 50% RH got it to stableize finally and room temp is 75°. Iv got the light running to keep my auto growing too thats why i needed the box here is one box in the picture the more packed one. My question is would any of you use a fan in this situation or no?
          DWC/hydroton clay pellets600w digital/dimmable ballast,
          250w MH veg,400w HPS flowering,floratrio nute schedule ,48*32*60 grow tent,
          current grow: feminized blue wizard
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...c-grow-journal

Comment

• Vapo69
            Vapo69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Dude I would not have them so close together, think swinging free, if they touch each other they will sweat where the moisture is leaving them, then they will mould up dude.

• Graff420
            Graff420 commented
            Editing a comment
            Iv been watching and rotateing them every 6 hours like a game of musical chairs with my buds to prevent them from getting mold where they do touch for short time they are sittin there

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X