Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's up with the tags for Facebook and Twitter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's up with the tags for Facebook and Twitter?

What will these posts look like and could they include my comments and name if someone else posts a thread that I've commented on?
    I like big buds and I can not lie.

Somango XXL (3 gal)
    Blue Mystic (7 gal)
    VIPARSPECTRA 450W LED Grow Light
    Coco Coir w/30% perlite
    Fox Farms Nutrients plus Cal-Mag Plus

Howdy Dagmar , Not only that, but can someone on Facebook or twitter 'see' any or all posts on this forum? NebulaHaze , can this affect the privacy and security of the forum members? I am not and will not ever use Facebook because I do not agree with their 'terms of use' policy and do not like things that have gone one recently with them. Can We be assured that Our data and information be 'shared' either inadvertently or on porpoise?
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• Dagmar
      Dagmar commented
      Editing a comment
      Howdy back at you! NebulaHaze, What DW2 said....

The new buttons give you the ability to share a post with Facebook or Twitter. It would then post a direct link to this thread. It does not share any information, simply the link. We updated the forum yesterday, and this was one of the included improvements (we didn't ask for it, it just came with the upgrade, and the upgrade also improved the security of the forum).

It's important for all members to understand that anyone on the internet can reach these forums either by links on the Growweedeasy.com website, or via Search Results in Google. I highly encourage all growers to avoid posting any personal or identifying information on this forum, and to never mention cannabis or growing to anyone who has access to your name or information, including in your personal social media accounts.

GWE is a completely public website and forum (to ensure the information gets to the higher number of growers) and is viewable by anyone. Some users have fake weed-friendly Facebook and Twitter accounts they may want to share forum posts with. For example, I have several accounts set up for Nebula Haze, including on Twitter and Facebook. But I would never post links from this forum to my personal account with my real information.

You can choose not to share anything and the new buttons will have no effect.

I did think it might be nice for people who do have fake weed-friendly accounts to be able to easily share, but if it ends up that the new buttons are unpopular, I will see if we can get them removed

Comment

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Please keep in mind that I really like this site and appreciate all of the work and 'head'aches (this pun is intended! LOL) that You and Mr. Fourside have endured to keep it up and running. But with that said, I do not like the idea of anyone being able to post any thing that might compromise anyone safety. I was not aware that information could be found using Google (I do not use Google, I use a secure web search engine (Google starts with 'G', just like Gestapo!).
      Also, it appears to me that some folks in the 'civilized' states do not realize that it is still a Federal offence and things can "come crashing down" without any notice.
      I'll get off of my soap box now.

• stevenics
      stevenics commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes very useful for my weed friendly facebook page,,,,,,,, but they are gone. 😠😠😠😬😬😬😬😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😭😭😭😭😭😤😤😤😤😤😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 all you people that don't even use Facebook were scared of those buttons I guess,😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
      Last edited by stevenics; 10-21-2017, 02:47 AM.

Thanks for the explanation and the fairness of " if it ends up that the new buttons are unpopular, I will see if we can get them removed". My vote is 'NO' to Facebook and Twitter'.

Somango XXL (3 gal)
    Blue Mystic (7 gal)
    Coco Coir w/30% perlite

Comment

• NebulaHaze
      NebulaHaze commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for weighing in. Your opinion (and the opinion of everyone in the forum) is important to us. I wasn't sure how people would react. I hope other people let us know what they think, too!

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      NebulaHaze I say NO to FB and Twitter as well. Social media = social lobotomy.

• NebulaHaze
      NebulaHaze commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha, yes. That seems to be the overall consensus. I'm looking into what it will take to get rid of them and possibly add a button for Instagram

I found that my GWE grow journal popped up in the first page of results after I searched a less common strain I'd grown .

It's certainly a much easier choice for me to make (being in a legal state), but I don't mind the Facebook and Twitter buttons. This said, I doubt very much I'll use them.
    Now an instagram button I might use...
    Sand, sea, sun, sausages, and sinsemilla.

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.

-Rita Mae Brown

My Small Tent, Monthly Harvest, Perpetual Auto Grow

My IG

Comment

• NebulaHaze
      NebulaHaze commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to know about Instagram. I'm out of the loop on Social Media, but it seems like that may be the best one for weed growing culture.

• Beach_Town_Brit
      Beach_Town_Brit commented
      Editing a comment
      weedstagram
      This said, I think it may be tough to create posting buttons for because it's an image first platform rather than a text dominant platform like FB & Twitter.

I understand where Dagmar and DW2 are coming from. I come on places like this to stay away from places like the FBI's sister site FBIbook er Fakebook er Facebook and Twit.

However, since I try to be super careful/discreet about sharing personal info, pics, and/or videos, the buttons ain't much of a bother to me. Will I ever use them? No.

For those that are worried, I suggest using fake names (most of us already do), crop your photos to better hide things you don't want others to see, and when sharing videos, try not to film areas too far from your growth that may be familiar to someone that may know you well. Just my input on this. Happy growing and stay discreet.
    Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
    White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

• NebulaHaze
      NebulaHaze commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your input!

I don't ever want to see what I post here on Facebook or tweeter.

Comment

• NebulaHaze
      NebulaHaze commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for weighing in! I appreciate it.

Idk i dont mind it i may set up a fake facebook to share my plants their and feel a little more out their lol but yea as nebula said most the times to find my post i just type in blue wizard and my page is the first one up so wouldnt be hard to find my page anyways so i dont mind the new buttons has the potential to get more 18 to 35 yr growers who use facebook to post most their stuff anyways instead of an acutal forum
    DWC/hydroton clay pellets600w digital/dimmable ballast,
    250w MH veg,400w HPS flowering,floratrio nute schedule ,48*32*60 grow tent,
    current grow: feminized blue wizard
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...c-grow-journal

Comment

• NebulaHaze
      NebulaHaze commented
      Editing a comment
      I appreciate your thoughts! I can definitely see how it may expand the forum to a wider audience.

To be honest ,I don't even know how to use Facebook or Twitter, I just learned how to use my Smartphone that I had for a year, from some good folks on GWE about a year ago. So I'm easy, it doesn't matter to me, I'm just super pumped that You and Sirius have got the GWE, site up and running better than ever. Thank You both for the best site going. I know it's got to be hard work. Thanks again Daas69.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• NebulaHaze
      NebulaHaze commented
      Editing a comment
      Aww Daas69 you're the best

Boy,u.guys really cam thru bringing GWE back as for those buttons don't have a clue? Really don't care

Comment

I see the Facebook and Tweeter buttons disappeared.

Comment

Good eyes Kingfish, I been so high smoking this killer Dr.Krippling, bud for the last couple of days that I ain't even noticed. Again, good eyes Kingfish.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          No sh-t Alltatup, you are right on the money. That's why I changed it.

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          I think it's awesome; I didn't much care for that marshmallow puff boy... ;-}

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well thank you.

Anything you guys don't want posted on other social sites you should not post on here, DUHHH of course things posted here can be found on Google searches, shot turns up everywhere, it's the internet. NebulaHaze has mentioned quite a few times not to post personal info as it is a PUBLIC FORUM

Comment

• kingfish
          kingfish commented
          Editing a comment
          There are people on FB and Tweeter that I just as soon keep in the dark about my weed growing. if you get my drift.

Thank you, Nebula! NebulaHaze I see the buttons are gone!

Somango XXL (3 gal)
        Blue Mystic (7 gal)
        Coco Coir w/30% perlite

Comment

• DW2
          DW2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Me too, thanks NebulaHaze for removing the tags as well! I can now rest easier in My 'imagined' security (LOL)!
          Last edited by DW2; 10-21-2017, 12:15 PM. Reason: Phat phinger typing

• NebulaHaze
          NebulaHaze commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, I think it looks nicer, too

thanks Nebula for all the work that you and sirius do here. this site is amazing and better than ever
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X