First time grower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time grower

Hi I'm a first time grower.well second time time my first time growing with out the right stuff isn't going so well.anyway I been researching. grow tents and OMG their so many.so I'm asking the picture is this a good deal.ps if y'all want to see my first plant just ask.

Can't see the price on the pic

Comment

I can't see it either.
      My grow area is homemade. I took a white plastic shelving unit, cut out the middle shelves and surrounded it with $3 emergency reflective blankets from Walmart. My first grow I got a small LED light that wasn't quite enough so I bought a clamp on fixture and put in a 60w cfl. I have a small fan that blows on the plants all the time, along with a ceiling fan that goes 24/7. The first grow sucked, I got 1/4 oz off one plant and the other one didn't flower at all.
      My second and current grow, I am still using the same shelving unit, and reflective blanket but upgraded to a 300w led, and am using the smaller led from last grow to supplement the lights, as well as the cfl. I got 3 gal pots and changed from organic soil to compost and perlite. I've had much better results with this last grow, I'm a few weeks away from harvest on one of the plants. The other plant is 15 days behind the other one for whatever reason.
      If I hit the lottery I plan on getting what is called a Granny's closet. It has the lights, fans, and locks. Kind of looks like a gun safe. They come in several sizes depending on what size grow you have. I think the smallest one is like $400 and comes complete, delivered to your door.
      I prefer to grow autos because they aren't light sensitive and take a lot of grief off me. I just plant them and turn on the lights, water, fertilize when it's time and let them grow.
      Lots of luck with your new set up.
      Current grow:
      2-300w led lights
      1- 60w cfl for germination
      2- 5 gal fiber pots
      Kind Soil 5lbs per 5 gal pot
      Compost (80%)/perlite (20%)
      Seeds:
      Shaolin Master auto/fem Harvested
      Kush auto/fem (planted 5/13/18) Harvested
      Sweet Soma auto/fem ready to go into her home soon (kind soil)
      Northern Lights auto/fem, put in soil today, waiting for forever home soon.

Comment

A 24x24x48 I would not recomend for a newbie unless u know how to top and plant train properly, autoflowers grow an average of 2-3feet high plus then u need room for ur light 300w led needs 12inchs, so its possible but if u cant get any sativas because they will grow to tall unless u know how to top and plant train then maybe. In a 24x24 tent u will only get 1plant unless u sea of green with photos then ull get 4-6 very small plants. For a newbie I would recomend a 48x48x60 tent u have room to grow into and not be fucked if u grow to tall or to bushy, also u want 50-100 true watts per square foot, leds lie about there wattage u need to reserch there true wattage thats what matters.

Comment

• Wolf66
          Wolf66 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Tyler.yes you make a good point.thank for bring that up your right because I don't know anything about topping and training plants.so I'm thinking a tent for maybe two plants.as I been researching I found out I really know nothing about these lady's

• tyler_ hobbyist
          tyler_ hobbyist commented
          Editing a comment
          Thats ok that u dnt know much yet its always a learning exsperience! if u ever have questions feel free to ask

Couldn't agree with Tyler_H. More. I bought me this one,

I had only the specific dimensions took the bar out to use the whole thing. No complaints with the quality and price will definitely last years as long as I take care of it. it can seem a little wobbly when I move my light I just go slow with two hands. I think alot of the topo, ipower, vivosun range are a generic brand with their label some can be good some maybe not.
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Thats a nice tent! Nothin wrong with that off topic stay away from ipower ballasts! I had one light on fire thank god I was in the room when it happened. It was a digital 1000w with only 3months on it. That was some crazy shit

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            I second that about any of these high powered generic relabeled ballast, be careful cutting corner with power items.

• abadtrip
            abadtrip commented
            Editing a comment
            U properly don't know it's a long shot but do u know if that ballest was UL rated

Im not sure but I do know it was brand new and literly caught on fire and burned my wall before I put it out.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X