Need help with diagnosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with diagnosis

I looked on the main site aND didn't see anything that quite matches this. My plants are about 60 days from seed and seem healthy but some leaves have started doing this. It's large and smaller leaves but it seems to be ones that have been around awhile and not new growth.
    I used gh trio with calmag and hydro guard. PH is kept around 6.
    You can see from the pic of the plants that they look healthy overall. I'm stumped.

Dude I had the same with a Mephisto blue toof, I used cal mag in every water and I think it locked out at around day 60 lol, she was very nearly ready so i left it and harvested soon after.....but from what I saw it looks like a calcium def?.....hope this helps
    The more I know, the better I grow.

Comment

Hey Joker, man those sure are pretty, plants, what kind are they? I'll be honest looking at the pictures it don't look that bad to me, maybe your ph might have gotten out of whack a little earlier in the grow. Maybe somebody will be on here in a minute that might can really help you. But they sure are pretty.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

Thanks D.A.A.S.69, they are Violator kush from seedsman.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Your welcome, they sure are pretty.

Joker They are beautiful!!! Have you been flushing like once a month or so? It never hurts just to give them plain pH'd water for 24 hours, and I have done that a couple of times when I feared I was about to get a case of nute lockout. They have always burst with energy after the flush.

If it goes away, you know it's not a calcium deficiency; if it doesn't, that's what I would suspect...
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Joker
          Joker commented
          Editing a comment
          Nute lockout. ..never heard of that. Must be what Vapo69 was talking about.

• Joker
          Joker commented
          Editing a comment
          I flushed at 30 days and it's been 60 now so it's due

• Vapo69
          Vapo69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes dude, that is what I was talkin about ......nice plants btw

What causes nute lock and do ya just flush to "unlock"

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ph, out of whack will cause lockout, if they are growing real good you ain't got no lockout
          Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 10-12-2017, 03:48 PM.

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Also, when the concentrations in the water get too high, the plants are locked up with salts and can't get any water intake. That's why they start to curl a bit. Here's what Rosenthal says:
          "Extreme over fertilization results when the water solution outside the plant is more concentrated with fertilizer and nute additives than the solution within the plannt. The outside solution draws water from the plant which quickly wilts." Marijuana Harvest page 53.

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Now that's good Alltatup

What method of testing/tool are you using to test your pH? ( after you mix your nutrients?
        Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
        Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
        GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
        photoperiod feminized seeds
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• Joker
          Joker commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't know the brand name right now but it's just a cheap pH tester. 15 bucks I think. It only tests pH and I calibrate it once a week or so. I have a ppm/temp tester but don't use the ppm feature

• Tika
          Tika commented
          Editing a comment
          Well...as I have said I like Blue Lab pH testers. Might consider? Other than that the plant life looks great.
          One of my Afghan Kush marbleized and quit it when I put her into roots organic outside from her coco GH situation.
          Sometimes it’s a hard call. Sometimes getting the feed/water on a leaf will cause discoloration as well.
          Wishing you and your plant life the best

Yes. I agree that is very helpful, thanks everyone!!!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X