Extra grow tent frame for outside growing in back yard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extra grow tent frame for outside growing in back yard

I had to replace my Gorilla tent skirt (after my pit bull ate the first one) and after ordering a new tent I found myself with two grow tent frames two height extender kits and extra tent roof. I want to put the extra grow tent frame in my back yard cover all 4 sides with plastic clear sheeting of unknown Gage thickness then if it rains I can use the extra 1,600- D tent roof for cover. will this work?
    Last edited by dontknownuttin; 10-09-2017, 10:44 AM.

Something like this photo.

Comment

The tent frame is 4 feet by 2 feet and 7 feet tall I could also add one or even two of the height extend kits to go taller I have nothing but sky above and no no height limitations . The backyard location is surrounded on all sides by 7 foot cinder block walls 30 feet above the street level with a Pit bull patrolling the area all day and Harber Freight motion sensors at night . My main concern is using these cinder walls to shield my outdoor plant from excessive weather damage during storms. The cinder block walls should shield the plant from wind and such. the tent roof of coarse would only be used if bad weather is expected the 1,600 -D Gorilla made fabric roof should protect plant from sun burn hail and such.. water spicket is 5 feet away from area so watering should be a no brainier The area gets intense sun for 12-14 hours a day.Temps. here never get below 80 above 0 and can rise in the summer months as high as 114 above o. Sun shines here 350 days a year. RH is low 3-14% average I was planing on growing only one plant (auto) at a time outside so frame should provide adequate space for only one plant. OPINIONS?
      Last edited by dontknownuttin; 10-09-2017, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Hey DKN, as long as that rain runs off sounds like a good plan to me but I ain't no structural engineer, but I wish a had one an a place just like it too. That 1600d material is tough stuff.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X