October update and a fan question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

October update and a fan question

New pics coming soon; I actually have a day off and plan to do some maintenance, but here's what's going on so far.

Setup recap: mystery bagseed, both plants in 2gal smart pots and FFOF soil with Grow Big on a normal feeding schedule. I have an actual grow tent now; on the small side (2x2x3 is the largest that would fit anywhere) with two 24w (wall draw) LED bulbs.

Both plants had some problems a week or so ago; I thought I saw signs of spidermites O_o but started leaf treatments immediately and so far things look good....they were in the kitchen for a few days and we have fruit flies so it could have been that. I'm continuing to treat the leaves just in case. The older plant that I really didn't start training until it was too late (Arthur) lost quite a few leaves from the ordeal and seemed like a goner but somehow bounced back--still scraggly but that can't be helped. The younger one (Audrey) also had/has some leaf issues but did much better despite also having mite-like activity...at least I'm not seeing new damage and neither of them are dropping any more leaves. Right now I'm trying to weight down Arthur's bigger branches (twist ties and pebbles/Legos).

How much airflow is too much for that size tent? I have a Vornado fan on low blowing in through the slightly open door, and it looks like there might be some localized wind burn. I also have a 4" desk fan I could hang inside, but am thinking that might be too much as well in that space.

The tent itself is in a corner; right now I have my wires running through the rear port and the top one is left clear for a passive exhaust. I plan to switch to a flowering schedule next week--my original plan was to harvest close to Christmas; I question my roommate's ability to properly take care of them when I'm on vacation but now that schedule may be a bit optimistic.
    ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

WWW, I get leaf burn signs if the leaves move a lot under the fan. I want to see the slightest movement of the leaves in the air. So I usually point the fan in my grow box away from the plants so the air bounces off the ceiling or wall first.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

i agree, i point my fans against the wall of the tent, i just want to see the plants slightly dance in the breeze, not flap around in the wind.

Comment

Soon as my seedlings get a set of real leaves I got a fan blowing lightly across them, larger they get more breeze they get, after about 3 weeks I gotta tower fan inside my tent blowing on them, they love that, a little stronger breeze sure helps to grow them big ole stud stalks. My tent size is 2x2x4
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

I use a small occilating fan blowing across the top. usually set on low.

Comment

I have a small desk fan (fixed but the angle can be adjusted) ziptied to the tent roof; temps seem fine and there is air movement, but humidity is the next concern. Would a dehumidifier pack/pouch be sufficient for a 2x2x3 tent? (the outlet nearby--which is a royal pain to access--is taken up by lights and fan) I was looking at the Eva-dry on Amazon.
            ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              WWW, I'm skeptical about the small dehumidifiers; I tried a couple of small ones and it was a waste of my money. The small ones have small reservoirs and really don't have the pull to get rid of humidity except in a very small, enclosed space. Maybe the Eva-dry is different from the small ones I tried.

Then I broke down and got this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Where I live can get very humid, and this one holds 50 pints of water; at one point, I was emptying it once every 24 hours. This was during flower, and I kept the humidity in the grow room (spare bedroom) down around 38-40%.

My grow tent is pretty small: 2x2x3. So here's an update. I'm still seeing some microscopic black pinpoints on the undersides of leaves, so continuing to treat with "3-in1" plant soap now as my roommate seems to have taken the heavy-duty bug eradication stuff for her own garden at her work (granted she paid for it, but I was supposed to be able to take what I needed). Both plants are showing some microscopic white specks on some leaves and I don't know if that's some form of WPM due to the insane humidity the last few days or what.

"Arthur" (bigger plant, first 4 photos) is getting an inconsistent light schedule as s/he's in a window right now; I don't have an actual quarantine area and wanted to separate them until I got a handle on what was going on. Arthur lost quite a few leaves during this but is looking healthier, although new growth seems to be coming in burnt so I suspect some sort of nutrient issue (I feed/water both of them the same so I'm not quite sure what the exact issue is)? I'm seeing plenty of bud sites though, but s/he is dropping a few more leaves.

"Audrey" (smaller plant, last 3 pics) is currently in the grow tent on as close to an 18/6 schedule as I can get (no timer yet; apparently my roommate--who has grown before but never actually gotten a plant to this stage--thinks I can just leave it alone). No new leaves being dropped; there are some brown leaf tips but I'm not sure if that's wind burn from before I changed fans.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tent.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	324.4 KB
ID:	135309Click image for larger version

Name:	Arthur1.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	350.0 KB
ID:	135310Click image for larger version

Name:	Arthur2.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	306.8 KB
ID:	135311Click image for larger version

Name:	Arthur3.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	323.3 KB
ID:	135312Click image for larger version

Name:	Arthur4.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	305.3 KB
ID:	135313Click image for larger version

Name:	Arthur5.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	303.9 KB
ID:	135314Click image for larger version

Name:	Audrey1.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	323.2 KB
ID:	135315Click image for larger version

Name:	Audrey2.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	302.6 KB
ID:	135316Click image for larger version

Name:	Audrey3.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	381.4 KB
ID:	135317

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X