RO pH when using Coco Coir and FF Nutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RO pH when using Coco Coir and FF Nutes

My RO water is 7.0. After I add Cal-Mag and Nutes, it drops to 4.0. Do I then need to raise it to 6.0 before giving to a plant in coco loco? Without buying the pH-UP, what's a good substitute? Thanks for your help!

Update: Since I had a gallon of pH 4.0 nutrient-enriched water, and a very thirsty girl, I used baking soda to get to pH 6.0 and fed her well. While I did order some pH UP, I decided to use baking soda as this "grow" is an experiment to get my set-up working well. So, I decided to experiment with the baking soda fix for my pH problem. Whether a SWAG or an accurate answer, I appreciate all the feedback!
    Last edited by OU812; 10-04-2017, 06:22 PM. Reason: Updating...
    3x3x5 Cheapo Tent; Viparspectra PAR450w LED; Hydrofarm DWC Bubbler; 4-in fan and carbon filter; 6-in fan; 4-in fan.

Baking soda ph up.vinegar ph down I think. i dont use the stuff my tap water is good and I don't know what it does to the other nutes in the mix
    It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

• OU812
      OU812 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm reluctant to try baking soda. I don't remember having read that it'll work with cannabis. I ordered some pH Up. Thanks for the response!

I use coco loco and love it..
    that said. ph everything before you give to your plants.. Ph 6

Just order some ph up and down off the internet.. you're going to need it man

Comment

• OU812
      OU812 commented
      Editing a comment
      I started bagseed in coco loco and another in kind soil. I really like the coco loco best. I've been pH'ing my water down and feeding tap water, no nutes, for a month, waiting for my nutes. Now that they're here, I need to increase the pH. I'll order the pH Up. Just trying to save some time. What's another couple of days. Using the bagseed to get my set-up right and practice a bit before I invest in quality seeds. Just ordered from Seedsman yesterday. Thank you for the instruction! Much appreciated!

• Green75
      Green75 commented
      Editing a comment
      Also order ph down

• OU812
      OU812 commented
      Editing a comment
      I had already bought the pH Down - my tap averages 8.2. I keep frogs and fish so, use it to get to neutral. I can easily see now why both are needed. Didn't realize that before I got started. Thanks, again, Green!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X