Grow number 2 , scrog attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grow number 2 , scrog attempt

Hi all glad to be back. Did a complete redisign of the room. New charcoal filter and fan. And moved to buckets with a res bucket attached. Still bubblers but one 5 gall to add nutes and water. Also waiting on the ion exchange resin. I'll keep you posted on that experiment. Theoretically should keep ph stable no matter what. Famous last words.
    Planted seeds yesterday growing amnesia og . Just 2 plants and going to try scrog. My last grow was just OK but learned a lot!!! And got some fine herb. The blueberry had such good genetics and it really showed after curing. Pain relief and sleep ahhhhh.
    Pics to follow soon and glad to be back with all the GWE family.
    Oh yeah we got 0 damage from Irma , never even lost power! Good clean living I guess.
    Bubbleponics
    Advanced platinum 450w
    Foxfarms big bloom , tiger bloom , grow big
    hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Built my ScrOG dog too, for the next grow, 2x Wonder Woman is the plan
    The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
    Water Curing Experiment
    My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

I'm gonna build my actual scrog this week with pvc I have and string. Can't wait to see how it works. GanjaGed is this your first Scrog? Any help is always appreciated.
      this is the new setup. One bucket to fill and put nutes in. pumps feeding into top feed of the 2 grow buckets. Bubbles everywhere. The theory is once the scrog goes in I won't have to get under it ! I cover those clear tubes with a towel and it blows air out of that ac vent over them. I don't need no stinking chiller😀
      As a side my rapid rooters were still perfect from last grow. The new bags are great.
      And I'll turn off the grown lights next time teach!
      Bubbleponics
      Advanced platinum 450w
      hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

• abadtrip
        abadtrip commented
        Editing a comment
        I love to super crop I did it to my blueberry on the tall colas and the increases production. I supercroped my wonderwoman in a few places the plants seem to respond well.

• GanjaGed
        GanjaGed commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea, I'm very happy with Wonder Woman. It's a great strain.

In my mind anyways, super cropping seems like it should partner with ScrOG really well.

• Capncanna
        Capncanna commented
        Editing a comment
        I supercropped my last grow when I had a few bigger colas. Worked great even had to tape a few I broke and they came right back. And I love blueberry!

Love it u did what I did for the same reason scrog. I have my res outside my tent too keep the temps down. but yea bro looks good. Good luck
      It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

Thanks, it's working great! Think I got an upside down seedling but she'll flip over or I'll get out the tweezers 😀
        Bubbleponics
        Advanced platinum 450w
        hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

Well good luck with the scrog! The only tip o have is, only fill up the screen 1/2 way the kick into flowering. That should accommodate the stretch. Other than that, don't put any ties you use, too tight. It will restrict that branch and the growth. Good luck bro!!

Comment

• Capncanna
            Capncanna commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks GRAND good advice.

All is well girls popped their heads up so now it's just waiting. Building my screen this week.
          As usual I find my leds get this stretch in the beginning. Any closer and I'm afraid I'll burn em. Last grow same thing and I had huge stalks.
          Also during the hurricane I cut the large stems and gave them to the dogs like bully sticks. wow super chill the whole time. New biz doggy canna sticks! I can see the lawsuit already😜
          good to be back with everyone happy Sunday!
          Bubbleponics
          Advanced platinum 450w
          hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

• Capncanna
            Capncanna commented
            Editing a comment
            Amen! Made a nice sore muscle ointment out of the fan leaves, tea tree , eucalyptus, vanilla! And of course tea and scones .

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            That sounds awesome. I can't wait to make some cream for pain.

• Capncanna
            Capncanna commented
            Editing a comment
            The recipe I use is for a 2 ounce bottle with roller top, amazon, leaf oil mostly then 25 drops Australian eucalyptus, 25 tea tree , and 10 vanilla essential oil for skin absorption.

Pvc , bamboo skewers, cooking string. Scrog. Fits pretty good. It's 10 inches above the base of the babies. Any thoughts or recommendations?
          Bubbleponics
          Advanced platinum 450w
          hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

Same seeds planted same day. Larger plant I never even lifted the lid to check. Hmmmm. I’m beginning to think that futzing with babies is what causes a lot of issues. Now with my separate res I never even look in the plants res and they are doing much better. Like a second kid you don’t worry as much. Check ph , flush , change water , rinse and repeat.
            Almost to the screen that’s going to be fun.
            Bubbleponics
            Advanced platinum 450w
            hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              I just figured that out as well!! When my current plants were seedlings, I saw some roots die off because I took too long to change the res.

Now when I'm getting ready to change the reservoir, I fill my container w/ water and nutes, pH it and it's ready and waiting. I don't go in and wipe down the reservoir anymore; I just drain and re-fill it. Much happier roots.

Hey Capn, I just saw your scrog and it looks great. I've always run my screen about 11" above the medium and it works well. Some growers run them much lower but I like the extra height because I have grown in soil and coco and need access to manually water them. I usually flip when the screen is about 75% full and the stretch fills the screen. Hydro grow will probably fill that screen fast so keep an eye on it.
            4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

Thanks everyone , I’ve been offline for a bit. Crazy tap water ph this month. 5.4 out of the tap. Once I add nutes wow . Ph up city. But the babies are healthy as can be. Sheesh thanks for the advice I was just wondering about that. One has just popped through and the other runt is still coming up I just topped her this am.
              Have a great Sunday funday.
              Bubbleponics
              Advanced platinum 450w
              hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

Just starting week 2in flowering, you can see one plant had a slow start so is not filling scrog as much as the other. got to say the reservoir bucket is the way to go for me. I haven’t opened the buckets w the plants in them. Just the res mam. Everyone is super happy and really been an easy grow. Of course floweri g is when all hell will, breakl loose😀.
                im loving the scrog easier than tying down branches. Just bend and tuck.
                Last edited by Capncanna; 12-09-2017, 09:00 AM.
                Bubbleponics
                Advanced platinum 450w
                hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looks real good, Capn!!!

Thansk alltatup., my life has been insane as of late so not on much , luckily the plants have been taking little work. Only flushing every other week now. They seem to drink water like crazy with less flushing. Could be this strain though.
                happy holidaze!
                Bubbleponics
                Advanced platinum 450w
                hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X