September update....sorta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

September update....sorta

So this grow has been a bit of a comedy of errors. I don't have the space or resources to do exactly what I want to (wiring in this building is sketchy so I'm hesitant to leave powerful lights on when nobody's home), and while my roomie wants to see this through as much as I do she's trying to apply outdoor techniques to an indoor grow (just windowsill light isn't gonna cut it and unless you want a damn tree in the living room--which will bring the landlord down on our asses--I have to train it).

Both plants (the taller spindly one is Arthur; smaller bushier one is Audrey) are in 2gal smart pots with a mix of FFOF and Black Gold potting soil, I'm using Grow Big on a regular feeding schedule.

My light setup presently is two LED grow lights on clamp reflectors (one 9W and a beefier 24W). The 24W is the light in my 'grow space' (just a broken-down bankers box; it looks like even a 2x2x4 grow tent might be too big for the actual space I have)...there's also an incandescent light on a timer in the room so the 'dark' period isn't really dark (I've been trying to explain to roomie the flaw in 'but outdoor plants have the moonlight so it's never totally dark').
    *wonders if I can set up a stealth grow in Carlsbad Caverns somewhere*
    I do have a locked storage room in the basement which is closer to total darkness, but I don't want to set up an actual grow space down there as it's in a common area and I don't think there are any accessible outlets anyway. Last thing I need is someone investigating why there's an extension cord running into one of the rooms...

Audrey was showing a few lower leaves with brown edges and I'm not quite sure why; it doesn't appear to be spreading though. That showed up after I got back from vacation during which I suspect the watering schedule was erratic at best (I gave them a good watering the day before I left and roomie probably figured that was sufficient...).

I'm seeing preflowers on both plants but nothing conclusive for gender as of yet (I have to figure out a reasonable setup for flowering; they can't stay in the front hall!). Females would be a miracle at this point. I did find some dried bud in the tote that I have my plant supplies in and I'm positive it's where the seeds came from; have yet to try it but one of these days...
    Last edited by WeirdWiredWolf; 09-05-2017, 09:36 PM. Reason: Fixed a photo
    ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

WWW, if you're seeing pre-flowers on both, you should be able to determine sex by now. See the male female plants tutorial over on GWE.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X