Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outdoor Growing Experiment has been an unexpected Success - so far - but the heat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoor Growing Experiment has been an unexpected Success - so far - but the heat?

I planted 7 seedlings out in my vegetable garden, tucking them in between the tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers. I was given these seeds and believe that they are from Mexican weed that was probably grown outside in big fields. I ended up with 5 males, 1 female, and 1 plant that failed to thrive so I pulled up all but the female. I started this plant June 26th and in July and August, we had over 30 days of temperatures that exceeded 100 degrees (up to 112 degrees). Then Harvey hit (a lot of wind and rain, no flooding) and destroyed a number of my tomatoes, peppers and cucumber plants, and laid my Mexican Lady on the ground. Surprisingly, I was able to prop her back up and she is continuing to thrive without loosing even one branch. She's been in flower for about a month and looks amazing. This was an experiment that I fully expected to fail but she is one tough Chica. She's about 4' tall and wide, and the colas are 18"-20" long.

Question: On my indoor grows, I know it's important to control the heat but what about this outside plant? Will the heat that this plant has already experienced effect the quality of the buds? Today it is forecasted to be 95 degrees but we have a cold front coming in tonight that should drop the temps WAY down into the 80s. I had to put a pop up greenhouse over my Mexican beauty because I live in a residential area with neighbors on all sides and I get a little paranoid. If this plant isn't worth keeping because the heat has already destroyed all the good stuff then should I just pull her up? I just don't know what to expect?
    I like big buds and I can not lie.

Somango XXL (3 gal)
    Blue Mystic (7 gal)
    VIPARSPECTRA 450W LED Grow Light
    Coco Coir w/30% perlite
    Fox Farms Nutrients plus Cal-Mag Plus

Hey Dagmar , if she's growing as good as you say just keep on growing her. It ain't legal where I live either,and she has already shown she's tough as hell, and a fighter ,let her finish you'll be glad you did, unless, but that's up to you. Got any pictures? ?
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Here's a picture of her inside the greenhouse.
      I like big buds and I can not lie.

Somango XXL (3 gal)
      Blue Mystic (7 gal)
      VIPARSPECTRA 450W LED Grow Light
      Coco Coir w/30% perlite
      Fox Farms Nutrients plus Cal-Mag Plus

Comment

No don't pull her up ,she's a nice plant ,lots of nice bud on her. Just be careful with neighbors and heat.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

• Dagmar
          Dagmar commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, DAAS. My dog's name is Haas. I'm enjoying a previous grow and my brain makes weird connections...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X