Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oldjarhead100
    replied
    all good methods above how ever you germinate works ,I have started to slice my RR so they open like a book then lay the sprouted seed in them close them up and put in tray.I pre moisten my RR with voodoo juice very weak and will only add water (like a teaspoon at a time ,if the RR show signs of drying out)

Leave a comment:

• Sheesh
    replied
    I've used rapid rooters once and they worked well. My method was very similar to abadtrip except I used the RRs upside down so they sit flat on my propagator without a tray. With this method, you need to make your own hole in the RR and cover the hole to prevent light from getting in. Soak in PH'd water for about 2 hours. I shake them a few times to get the excess water off. Then in the propagator on a heating mat for a couple of days. I moved them into their final 5 gallon container after about 3-4 days in the propagator.

Leave a comment:

• abadtrip
    replied
    Like tat said warmth I killed 6 seeds my first grow in the same way this grow i got a propergator with the heat pad. I soked my rr in tap water 6.2ph 5 ppm. The squeeze out most of the water just drop the seeds in and cover the hole with a little part of the rr I tear off a corner. The in about 24 hr I have sprouts. I kept them in the propergator for 5 days till they had a good set of leaves and I wanted the stalk to streatch. I also add a little water to the bottom for humidity.

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    replied
    siggy Yeah prolly too much water and I'd say not enough warmth. I have a great success rate with Root Riots (same as rapid rs, just different company) using a germination tray on a heating pad. Keep the thing MOIST, not soaked. I put the germ. pad around 85 degrees. I go check on them various times a day to make sure they have the right moisture and heat.

Leave a comment:

• Cannabliss
    replied
    As far as your rapid rooters for germinating seeds goes, I think you over-watered them. I too had very poor germination rates using those things years ago. I stopped using them altogether. They may work well for clones or something like that, but I personally don't recommend them for germinating seeds. I do however, just like tvbfe suggested above, highly recommend the paper towel method as well. Once they germinate in the paper towel method and have a nice little root going, then you can gently place them into a rapid rooter if you still wish to use them... just don't over-water them again lol.

Leave a comment:

• tvbfe
    replied
    I have great germination rate using the paper towel method.

Leave a comment:

• siggy
    started a topic Best way to use rapid rooters

Best way to use rapid rooters

I had poor germination with my first try of rapid rooters. After a week of no sprouting, I cut them open and each seed had cracked open and a tiny (1 mm) white root was showing. A couple days later they were exactly the same, with no further growth. Not sure if the problem is heat, too much moisture, planting too deep in the rapid rooter, etc.

I had each rooter sitting in a cm of water, in an icecube tray. The tray was in a room that was 76 degrees F. I probably pushed the seed to deep into the rooter; each was about a cm deep, not visible from the top. I watered them each day from the top, so that the rooters were saturated with water. I realize I did something wrong.... too wet? At this point I have taken each seed, with the tiny root showing, and put them into soil... but I'm not optimistic given that it has been over a week and there is little sign of activity. Any advice would be appreciated- I have a few more seeds, and I'm trying to decide whether to try the rapid rooters again or go to a different method. I have a growth in another room that started in happy frog potting soil, but I only had 2/5 germinate in that group.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X