Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! First Grow, leaves are light green and spot on the edge

Hello my fellow growers,
    I'm so glad to be able to post and explain my problem here, and i'm thankful to have the oppurtunity to do so. So, encouraged by marvellous mediterrean weather and the stealth of Auto Duck strain from dutch passion, i germinated this seed on march 30th, gave exposure to the sun everyday for some hours to the day, and at the start, i was culprit of over-watering i guess because i watered the seedling even if the upper soil was wet but then i've corrected my approach after reading blogs of the Nebula's website. All was fine, and on 17 aprile i've left them outside, now that i thought the plant was hard enough to bear the outdoor climate, the next day i notice that the plant leaves were light green on the bottom of the leaves, i mean where the leave starts, i panicked and put them in the shadow, thinking maybe it was because of the cold night (was 10 Celsius or 50 F and i suspect the temp fell to 46 F but not sure) or may be they were not hard enough for the sunlight etc. The plant grew more leaves but the new leaves are not lush green the you might expect in a healthy plant but i did not bother much because many of my friends who are doing agriculture science said it was ok, but today i've noticed a small spot on the edges of bottom leaves (the first real leaves of the plant) so i wanted to get helped out, Not using any nutes because it's only the 3 and half week since germination, the soil is a "Universal one" to grow any kind of plant with flowers, The pot is 14 litre or 3.69 Us Gallon PH level of the water should be fine because i water many other plant like mint, tomatoes, cactus, and roses with the same water and they are fine. Now the plants are outside, getting 13 hours of Sunligh The plant is growing but i'm very concerned since it's my first grow and don't want to mess up.

Your plants are taking a long time getting their roots under them, because your growing medium looks very hard. Obviously, no perlite in the mix.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Paolo
      Paolo commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey, thanks for the response, yes, no perlite, as far as slow growing is concerned , Dutch passion site says it will take 12 weeks from germination to harvest, but i guess it will take a week more than that because normally they tend to under declare harvest time etc. Can you figure out the reason of light green problem and the spot on the edge?

Hi Paolo. I'm a new grower, and I feel I understand your concern, but don't panic. It's "normal" for the plant to react a bit to different things, getting accustomed etc. I have one which had very weird symptoms and it is slowly getting better, without me doing anything. In this seedling stage its still very early to diagnose problems, so many things are new to the plant. If she looks healthy (and she do) you should be fine. Observe her carefully (I know you are already doing that ) and see if it gets worst. I read somewhere that new growers should be careful of over analyzing.
    To me it looks like your plant was a bit burnt, but you should know the sun can't really burn your plant... How would it grow outside?! In the shade? And then in the sun? That's crazy
    So maybe a nute burn, pH problems, root problems because the soil is too hard also.
    Inexperienced outdoor grower, near Switzerland. I have some theoretical knowledge and only a little bit of practice, hence take what I say with a grain of salt. Also I believe everyone has his own growing way.

Comment

• Paolo
      Paolo commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your insight and suggestions, i really appreciate, I will keep watching it closely

What season are you in?
    I would think the light green problem is lack of light. If it is outdoors, the plant needs a minimum of 6 hours DIRECT sunlight. It should be able to handle the cooler temps at night later, but right now it is tiny and maybe should be indoors for the dark times.
    I don't like people doing this to me, but - I'm going to show you mine. I germmed as well at the end of last month - these are 19 days out of the soil. I have already lightly defoliated once. Even if your plant is a photoperiod, it should be at least half the size of these autoflowers.
    Attached Files
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Minoo96
      Minoo96 commented
      Editing a comment
      day 20 here, auto, which is barely half the size of this It's starting its fourth node only now, and small leafs where other nodes meet the stem...

• Paolo
      Paolo commented
      Editing a comment
      It's spring, i live in northern hemisphere. Today it was 68 F. I think because of over watering, my plant is suffering from iron deficiency, what do u think? Should i consider transplanting it in a smaller pot for a while?

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in the Pacific Northwest - you need a light on your plant. Even a low wattage CFL, the ones that imitate the sun.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X