Nutrients burn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Nutrients burn?

Hi I have a little problem with my 2 plants from what I looked up it sounds like nitrogen deficiency But I'm not exactly sure I don wanna ad a bunch of unwanted stuff hoping to get advice from some of the pros, I have them under full spectrum led growing in a light mixture of mg and starter soil I noticed this about a cpl weeks ago n added some plant food sticks didn't wanna over do it cuz I don kno if thts a good idea I did see it say 6 percent N anybody know what I should do here

Welcome to the forum Michael. Nutrient sticks are not the best option when it comes to cannabis. Like you said you don't want a bunch of extra stuff. And they are time released. It looks like nute burn to me. What is your water ph? If you have another option for nutes that isn't time released, I would stitch to it.

I'm thankful for this "growing" community and for this plant!

Romans 10:9, 10 Jesus is Lord!

Comment

• Michaelveli
      Michaelveli commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks again for the help

• fozzy
      fozzy commented
      Editing a comment
      I wouldn't transplant right now your pots AR big enough. The burning could be from the wrong ph. Just plan water first. Then if you can get some nuts that the first number is a bit higher for veg. (N-P-K)(12-5-5) for example. The first number represents nitrogen and thats what your plant needs during veg. Your plants look good other then that. Just remember to do small changes to begin with.

• Michaelveli
      Michaelveli commented
      Editing a comment
      So it was probably the ph of the water? But yea thts something I didn't do I jus put the sink water in there who knows what's in there I'll be getting my ph tester probably tm also gonna look into those nutrients now I'll prob worry about what I'm puttin in there not gonna wanna burn it again

Try the Fox Farm Treo! I keep extra FF around myself

Comment

• Michaelveli
      Michaelveli commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll check it out I'm looking for things I can use for dwc and soil is tht somthin tht can be used for both?

Yes it looks nute burned. Loose those sticks pull them out if poss.u want some fert made for weed.and not time release! Check out the GWE main site for brands recommends and cost.lol

Comment

• Michaelveli
      Michaelveli commented
      Editing a comment
      Thts what I was afraid of the first family of leaves have fallen completely off, I tried to locate the sticks in the soil but I don wanna dig around to much in there sould I flush it would tht dround them out?

Is it possible to post a picture of the plants in the setup under natural light? Overall they actually look really good when you can see the whole plant! The top leaves seem to be immaculate, without any marks. If you're only seeing symptoms on 5-finger and 3-finger leaves from the very beginning of the plant's life, I wouldn't worry too much unless symptoms start spreading up the plant. The leaves I can see in the pics are immature leaves from the first three nodes, and it's relatively common for the plant to drop them after they stop getting light!

Comment

Tht makes perfect sense those top leave are bigger n they pretty much don't get much light after going threw the rest of the families of leaves but it has spread upward a little bit jus starts at the tip then after a bit the next one will be a little Burned but it's still growing both almost a foot tall and both girls, I can take a pic but it's dark in there right now an it's on the timer but the pics tht I first posted was in natural light it's a 336 led red blue full spectrum it's in my closet with a car window thing for reflection ik it's not as good as Mylar but I already had tht in the room and going to order a tent with carbon filter gonna need it I'll post the full set up when the lights click back on i know it's not the best eviornment thts why I'm waiting for a tent for my autos and dwc, definitely glad I found out about this forum thanks again guys 😎👌

Comment

Just curious, where are you getting your water and what nutrients are you using? I know you're in MG and starter soil. MG can be tough because it contains slow-release Nitrogen, which is unwanted in the flowering stage, but it normally does okay for the vegetative stage as long as you're checking the pH Have you considered transplanting to better soil?

Comment

I've jus been using sink water n actually haven't used any nutrients beside the food sticks but they started to get a lil burnt even before that which now made me think could it have been too much nitrogen n thts why I thought it was a N deficiency cuz it started from bottom up n on the edges jus like a N deficiency but slightly diff and i actually jus got some burpees organic mix and getting some n-calmag in the mail would it be wise to transplant n use the ncalmag their both about 7 weeks

Comment

If your using tap water be sure to let it sit open overnight to allow the chlorine to evaporate
            new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
            current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Michaelveli
              Michaelveli commented
              Editing a comment
              I've heard thts the best for it but never knew why thanks for the knowledge😎

I'd recommend avoiding the nutrient spikes if possible, since they're more meant for long-term feeding as opposed to giving targeted nutrients to a short-term plant. If you can put the plant into better soil than Miracle-Gro soil, I would! Just be careful not to disturb their roots. During the transplant, you can run a butter knife around the edges of the container and turn the plant on its side and pat the bottom to try to get the whole root-ball to come out in one piece. It's okay if you leave some of the old dirt during the transplant, don't try to shake it all out or you may stress the roots. Just dig a hole in the new soil and plop the whole root-ball in, then give it a good watering. If you're careful the plant might not even notice the transplant. It seems like overall you're doing a good job! Don't hesitate to post more pics if you notice the plant getting better or worse, or have any other questions!

Comment

• Michaelveli
              Michaelveli commented
              Editing a comment
              thanks I sure will I got some I jus got some organic grow mix I flushed one of them but would I have to do tht before or jus put it straight in the other dirt I know it won't come out in completely one piece so there will be more room for the new mix or does it not matter cuz the roots grow down n thts were the new stuff will be

This is the other one leaves look slightly better than the other

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X