Slow maturing flowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Slow maturing flowers

My name is Kyle. This is my first grow. Im growing AK Widow 47 and OG Kush from Green Label. Flowering time is 50-65 days. I'm only growing one plant of each for this first grow. And I'm having very slow progress. I just need some basic pointers and some direction on where to go with these slow maturing flowers.

My set-up
    For the vegetative stage I have a 24x24x48in tent with a 65w 3900L CFL and a small HPS grow bulb but I'm not sure what kind. I only have one plant in there for now that I'm going to use for clones.
    For the flowering stage I have a 36x36x62in tent with two 13w 900L 2700K CFLs and the Tek Two grow lamp, 24in 2 tube T5 fluorescent with 10,000L

Soil and nutrients
    I use MG Organic Choice potting mix.
    I mixed my own Perlite in with the soil prior to transplanting. And I was using MG tomato plant food until last week, now I am using the General Organics GO Box which provides all essential nutrients for growing pot during each stage of plant life. I have also been adding a drop of SUPERthrive in with each watering.

My growing timeline
    True leaves: 1/20/17
    12/12 light cycle: 2/1/17 (also transplanted to bigger pots)
    Started flowering: 2/22/17
    Green Labels estimated time to finish up would be around 4/27/17

The temperature stays around 72 I keep a constant breeze blowing on them during the day and about every third night I do a "CO2 bomb" using a small bowl filled with baking soda and adding vinegar and closing up the tents. I typically keep the doors on the tents open during the day as long as I'm home bc it tends to get humid and hot if I keep it closed for too long. I need better ventilation but I'm ballin on a budget guys. At night I do close them up though so no light seeps in. Also I keep a dehumidifier in my grow area that will typically read anywhere from 45%-60% RH.
    3rd Grow
    Amnesia Haze, Bubbliciois, Super Skunk
    Tent- 4x4x6.5
    Light- 600w HPS/ 220w COB
    Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
    Pots- 3gal fabric
    Nutrients- None

get both lights closer to the plants, the bulb you have on veg can be used a cupple of inches from the plant, ived used that bulb its totally safe, the flowering plants could use more light too, maybe just tie down the tall branches and get the lights around 5 in away from them

Comment

From your experience do you think they are just delayed? Or do you think they will finish up on time and I'll only yield a very small amount?
      3rd Grow
      Tent- 4x4x6.5
      Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
      Pots- 3gal fabric
      Nutrients- None

Comment

I think it could be a little bit of both, you have very little light so the plant can be slow. Most likely it will finish with no problems but you may yield a small amount or end up with not dense nugs, but for a 2 bulbs grow it doing great

Comment

I'm trying to keep my electric bill down so I'd prefer to continue growing with CFLs and that t5 light. if I just up the CFLs to 100w or whatever something stronger and added 2 more do you think that would be adequate light? I know HPS is the way to go, but I need a bigger grow area with better ventilation before I can go to HPS lights. Basically what I'm asking is CFL are the cheapest so how many and what watt do you recommend for my grow set up?
          3rd Grow
          Tent- 4x4x6.5
          Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
          Pots- 3gal fabric
          Nutrients- None

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            As many as you can arrange inside your space. I have a 1meter x .5 meter area (closet) and I have 20 bulbs making 600watts of cfls light

Here re some pics
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1973.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	3.42 MB
ID:	79328Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1974.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	4.09 MB
ID:	79326Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2007.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	4.15 MB
ID:	79325Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2006.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	3.92 MB
ID:	79327

Comment

Oh wow. Okay I really need to add some lights. I'm gonna go out and get some lights today, I'll give you an update on how they're doing. I really appreciate it man
            3rd Grow
            Tent- 4x4x6.5
            Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
            Pots- 3gal fabric
            Nutrients- None

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              Your welcome his works good for my space but you'll find what's best for yourse. The only rule is to get ad many bulbs as possible

To add to the information by 9fingerleafs, light is like food for your plants and light directly affects the size of your buds. With CFLs and fluorescents you can generally expect about 0.25 g/watt. So if you have two 13w CFLs and a Tek Two 24in 2 tube T5 fluorescent (which I looked up uses 110 watts), you have a total of about 136W of fluorescent light. At 0.25 g/watt, you could expect up to 34 grams (~1 oz) of total yields on a good grow with your current lights.

I definitely agree that your fluorescent lights can be kept much closer, within a few inches. If you put your hand right above where your plants are, you will know the CFLs are too close to the plants if the light feels too hot to you after 30 seconds. Otherwise you want to keep fluorescents as close as possible to your plant to maximize the amount of light that they get

Your plants look good overall!

Comment

9fingerleafs NebulaHaze so I tied the branches down to make them as flush as possible. I took out the smaller CFLs and added 4 100w CFLs plus 2 60w spot-gro lights and a 500w work lamp that I had sitting in the basement. So by adding up the wattage I went from 136w to 1,130w. But on the down side the AK Widow looks like it's ready for harvest
              3rd Grow
              Tent- 4x4x6.5
              Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
              Pots- 3gal fabric
              Nutrients- None

Comment

I agree the cola looks ready to harvest! You've done some major upgrades to your grow space, and I'm certain the extra light will help produce more buds for you especially if you make sure to keep all the fluorescent lights a few inches away to help maximize the amount of light that gets to the plants

Comment

You really going to see the difference on your next round, also, you can veg for a little longer and try to train your plants so they fill out The hole space. Congrats on your harvest

Comment

Disappointed on the amount I'm harvesting but it's a learning process!!!!! Overall I'm pretty excited to experiment with the harvest/drying/curing process and enjoy the beautiful AK Widow 47. And I'm excited to see the difference in my next grow. You guys were a huge help. I'll make sure to keep my next grow updated on here and I can't wait to keep learning. Thank you guys!!
                    3rd Grow
                    Tent- 4x4x6.5
                    Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
                    Pots- 3gal fabric
                    Nutrients- None

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X