Skinny dark curled leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skinny dark curled leaves

I've done some reading about plant problems and even tried the symptom checker but cant quite pi point the problem. I have 2 tote bins (dwc) with 2 plants in each. I just put them in 2 weeks ago (as clones). I have added the recommended nutes as per GH FLORA instructions...ph is 5.8 in both. Out of 4 plants, 1 is growing ok but the upper leaves are very skinny, dark and curling down. The others are amazing. Everything I read points to either over watering (funny for DWC) or nitrogen toxicity but those symptoms to me dont quite fit the problem. Right now I have them set up with bubblers but will only do this for a few weeks. Any ideas? Need more info? Thanks

Hello Sobandrue: it always helps if you put up pictures of the plants and the leaves you're talking about. And if you've got your airstones set up and the roots are getting well oxygenated, it can't be drowning (overwatered).
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Comment

Hi,

Which strains are you growing, are you growing different strains? I'm not used to grow with clones but maybe you used to much nutrients?...
      Every plant, even when you grow the same strains, should be treated separately. I grow 3 of the same seeds and I've noticed that 1 of those plants is much stronger than the other two,so now i know i can give that plant more nutrients. it also could be that some plants take up nutrients better with different Ph values so it's hard to know exactly what the problem is therefore you should experiment with different adjustments.
      I usually try to see what the plant does with different ph values . I can do this without destroying them because I've chosen strains easy to grow... when you grow sativa's it's more difficult to experiment with them because they are harder to grow an is recommended for more advanced growers. But you probably knew that already...

Comment

Thanks for the advice and suggestions...I know lighting is not an issue (I actually took the pics a few minutes beforw the lights came on so it would look like bad lighting)...so I have another pic of a leaf and hopefully this is better...I have tried reading as much as I can about it and the only thing I can come up with is calcium deficiency. I have changed the nute bath since and am using GH Flora series. So looking at ph charts they show calcium is best absorbed at 6.2 so I have it set there (close enough)...the plant is growing but the leaves are slowly getting brown spots and the tips are curling up. Not sure where to go from here. Thanks again

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you flush her? If there are too many salts in the grow medium, the plant stops absorbing water and you get leaf curl. Give her a total flush and remove all salts from the soil. Then lower the amount of nutes you feed. If she gets growing vigorously, slowly raise amount of nutes.

No soil, all hydro

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          FLUSH; you probably have nutrient lockout.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X