Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suspect TMV, maybe more. Also, it's time to flower....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Suspect TMV, maybe more. Also, it's time to flower....

I am doing my first indoor grow in a 2x2x4 led cabinet with super soil using 3 Sour Diesel fem seeds from Bulldog seeds.
    All my plants were topped after the 4th node and I have been attempting LST from the beginning. Two of my plants have 4 main stems each and my healthiest plant has 7 stems. Things were well.
    Today is day 47 since germination and I was planning on flipping over to flowering this week until shit happened 5 days ago.

1) I noticed several curved leaves with yellow splotches on one of my plants (pictures attached). Several symptoms matched with TMV so i decided to quarantine her for further observation. This plant had very slight discoloration within the first 4 leaves after germination.

2) Last evening, one of the remaining plants suddenly had some symptoms. The new leaf growth is weird and has brown/black/dead looking spots. A few curved leaves as well (pictures attached).

3) I'm left with what was my healthiest plant from the beginning. Although all three plants were germinated, topped and cared for together, this one was special.
    Today morning i noticed a few yellow spots on a leaf (picture attached).

In the last 10 days i have done some defoliation, lst and followed regular watering practices.

- Was I right in quarantining the first plant? Can I bring her back to the cabinet?
    - Do I need to quarantine the second plant incase it spreads to my last and healthiest plant, if it already hasn't?
    - Any thoughts on the yellow spots on the healthiest plant?
    - Since i'm growing a 'tall' strain and have limited space, can I even considering going into flowering anytime soon?

You may notice that the two remaining plants in the cabinet are in double pots now. This was done after I quarantined the first plant for observation.
    I filled the lower pot with about 3-4" of perlite/vermiculite and placed the plant pot over it. The reasoning is that I am using small pots and this will provide the roots a few inches of additional space if needed, while the perlite/vermiculite will retain the super soil runoff from the plant. The medium used was sterile and I ensured adequate drainage.
    I didn't want to risk transplanting the plant at this stage. The next time maybe i'll use a bigger pot.

So.... I need help with what to do now.

Thank you for reading.
    Last edited by gdot; 08-17-2017, 05:22 AM.

Hey Gdot... So one problem you may have is that you are root bound. I had a similar problem. I transplanted them a week ago and they seem to be getting better. Mine were a little worse than yours and I'm growing feminized white widow. I've never grown autos before so it may be different. All I know is that the plant will stop taking in nutes if you're root bound and it starts looking like multiple problems. Hope they bounce back for ya

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude777 View Post
      Hey Gdot... So one problem you may have is that you are root bound. I had a similar problem. I transplanted them a week ago and they seem to be getting better. Mine were a little worse than yours and I'm growing feminized white widow. I've never grown autos before so it may be different. All I know is that the plant will stop taking in nutes if you're root bound and it starts looking like multiple problems. Hope they bounce back for ya
      Thanks for your reply. Have transplanted the healthiest plant. Fingers crossed I guess.

Comment

Not saying it isn't (I'm just a noob so what do I know?) but every time I see someone post here thinking their plant has TMV, it turns out to be something else. Usually root-related. I seem to recall in one of those threads someone more knowledgeable than I saying that TMV is actually pretty rare.

Hopefully the transplant fixes it. Good luck!
        My first grow

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X