Transplanting pots or straight into big pot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transplanting pots or straight into big pot

Normally once the seeds have germinated I plant straight into a pot big enough for the full sized plant.
    Is it better to grow in smaller pots and transplant as they get bigger? If so What is the reason?

Thanks

Keewee, I believe it is recommended to start in asmall container and transplant when the canopy reaches the edge of the container. I have done it both ways and for some reason, unknown to me, the transplant method seems to get plants off to a faster start.
    Organic only soil grower
    Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
    Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

My current grow is the first time I've ever gone from germination to final container. I popped the seeds in rapid rooters, then put them straight into 5 gal fabric containers with coco coir. They were definitely slower the first few weeks than all my previous grows. In the past, I went from solo cup, to 1 gal, to 5 gal. I've read they grow faster in smaller containers and it seems to be the case for me. But, after a few weeks, not much difference and of course less risk of screwing up during transplant! Next time? I'm not sure, but I may just go straight to final container again. It works, it's just a little different when they are young. Need to be careful not to over water when yo have a seedling in giant pots.
      4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

• Canyon Grower
        Canyon Grower commented
        Editing a comment
        Excellent advice Sheesh !

Pot likes to grow faster in a smaller container,it seems to like the roots being confined at first and than let go in bigger container when ready...my .02$

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X