Leaves are brown, yellow and some turning a faded green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaves are brown, yellow and some turning a faded green

I'm growing white widow in promix hp in a grow tent 3x2x3. I'm using 2 T5 sunblaster fluorescent. As far as nutrients I'm using optimum hydroponics "grow" a and b...

I noticed the issue about a week and a half ago. It started with the bottom leaves and it's working it's way up. I thought it was a nutrient problem so I did a flush. No changes. Well at least the issue is still spreading. I gave them some nutes 2 days ago but no visable changes yet. I've been looking for pests but no visable ones. I had someone say it looks like thrips so I put some cinnamon on the top of the soil. I'm going to spray them with some cinnamon water tomorrow. One thing I did notice is some irregular growth on a couple of them. I will attach some pics to show what I mean. I need to figure it out soon otherwise I'm going to lose my babies. Oh 1 more thing. I started from seed and they are from a large Canadian supplier. "King".

Any help would be much appreciated and the quicker the better please. Thanks

Hi TheDude777. I hate to say it but that doesn't look like thrips to me. To me, it kind of looks a lot like Tobacco Mosaic Virus! http://www.growweedeasy.com/tobacco-...s-tmv-cannabis While it is extremely rare in cannabis, the longer leaf on the left of your photo looks like the leaves in that article. However, your leaves don't appear twisted, so it could also be fungus gnats: http://www.growweedeasy.com/marijuan...-damage-leaves
    Just my take on it. Best of luck!
    Whoever's growing a small patch of cannabis behind the gymnasium, congratulations! You have won a cruise! Report to security to claim your tickets.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ellz GrowCam Channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Z...pnwuazYQD6URA/
    Ellz GrowCam Time Lapse Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...1nS2a9LvXEdmya

1st Hydro Grow: 600W MH/HPS Homemade Bubbleponics Homemade Cabinet - White Poison (White Widow x Durban Poison) COMPLETE! Final yield: 10.2 ounces off 2 plants. 124 days total from seed (34 days vegetative + 90 days flower)

2nd hydro - Peyote Cookies and OG Kush https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-mh-strain-tbd COMPLETE! Final yield: 11.8 ounces combined, 2.7 ounces of Peyote Cookies (150 days from seed), 9.1 ounces of OG Kush (138 days from seed).

Comment

• TheDude777
      TheDude777 commented
      Editing a comment
      I really hope it's not TMV.... Doesn't look like you can do much with that

I wrote this on your other post, too (also, I had thrips--doesn't really look like that to me):

It's hard to tell for sure from the angle of the photo but it sure looks like it's outgrown the pot it's in. It could very well be rootbound, which can cause nutrient lockout.

GWE on rootbound plants
    My first grow

Comment

Here are a few more pics. In the pic it does look chewed but it's the way the leaf is.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Dude, What Aloner said!! I'd suggest repotting, because if she's rootbound, that can cause all sorts of problems. If you read this page, which kinda looks like your leaves:
        Phosphorus deficiencies cause dark splotches on leaves and can appear at the bottom of the plant on some of the oldest leaves. Learn to spot & fix the issue.

you will see that Nebula says that things can look like deficiencies when it's really a root problem. If you're feeding good cannabis nutes, there shouldn't be a deficiency. Are the roots showing at the bottom?

They do need to be repotted the only reason I haven't yet is because I didn't want stress them out even more. I took a look and the roots seem to be ok. I'll try repotting today and hope for the best. I will make sure to keep the post updated. Thanks for your help Aloner and alltatup

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        No problem, Dude!! Let us know how she does.

Just be easy with her when you transplant. I think you are gonna be ok..
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

Yeah, I'd transplant into a larger pot ASAP. Root bound plants can show all kinds of weird problems...

Comment

Update...

So I transplanted them yesterday. The roots looked fine and it didn't seem like it was that bad. Well at least I've had plants that had way more roots showing. I gave them a root stimulator for safe measures. It's been a day and they seem to be taking the transplant fine. I'm hoping that was the issue but I will be keeping a close eye on them and will keep the thread updated. Fingers crossed.

Comment

• ellz
            ellz commented
            Editing a comment
            Best wishes with it! Glad to hear it took the transplant okay. That is promising!

• Aloner
            Aloner commented
            Editing a comment
            So far so good -- good luck!

Update #2

So I went to take a look at the girls and found bugs .... Nooooooooo.... I can't find any on the leaves but I found some on the pots. I looked in the soil and I don't see any on top or close to the top. I looked closely at the soil yesterday when I transplanted and I didn't see anything. I've never dealt with pests before and I have no clue as to what these are. Any ideas ???

Comment

• TheDude777
            TheDude777 commented
            Editing a comment
            These things are tiny... Like a speck of dust

I'm not very experience with bugs but I have had fungus gnats and these do not look like gnats or their larvae. Hopefully someone with more knowledge helps you but in the meantime check out the GWE section:

This easy picture guide will help you quickly diagnose your sick plants. Learn how to get rid of the most common marijuana pests!
          4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

In my first reply there is a link to how to deal with fungus gnats. I had a suspicion that might be what it was all along. Here is the link again: http://www.growweedeasy.com/marijuan...-damage-leaves

If you scroll past the leaf damage there are some tips on getting rid of them. Best of luck with it!
            Whoever's growing a small patch of cannabis behind the gymnasium, congratulations! You have won a cruise! Report to security to claim your tickets.
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------
            Ellz GrowCam Channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Z...pnwuazYQD6URA/
            Ellz GrowCam Time Lapse Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...1nS2a9LvXEdmya

1st Hydro Grow: 600W MH/HPS Homemade Bubbleponics Homemade Cabinet - White Poison (White Widow x Durban Poison) COMPLETE! Final yield: 10.2 ounces off 2 plants. 124 days total from seed (34 days vegetative + 90 days flower)

2nd hydro - Peyote Cookies and OG Kush https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-mh-strain-tbd COMPLETE! Final yield: 11.8 ounces combined, 2.7 ounces of Peyote Cookies (150 days from seed), 9.1 ounces of OG Kush (138 days from seed).

Comment

• TheDude777
              TheDude777 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm going to my local shop tomorrow and see what they say. I'm going to grab something for pests and hopefully it will do the job.

Thanks everyone for your knowledge and help it's much appreciated. I'm new to the site but I will be paying it forward. Thanks again

• ellz
              ellz commented
              Editing a comment
              Best of luck with everything!

Dude, IF it's fungus gnats, I got rid of them with gnatrol in two weeks. I caught it fast, mixed the gnatrol into my reservoir as directed, and put those yellow sticky things all around my plants.
            Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
            2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
            Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Well it's official. It's TMV and my plants are all but dead.. I'm so mad... So now I'm look for any seed donations lol ... God it's depressing. I didn't think it was TMV just because it's so rare. The test proved it though.

Comment

• ellz
                ellz commented
                Editing a comment
                Really sorry to hear that! Bummer.

Thanks ellz.. It was a sad day... Hopefully I'll have enough meds to make it through to next harvest. I'm going to have to do auto flower this time and I've never grew em before.

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Really sorry about that, Dude.

• Aloner
                Aloner commented
                Editing a comment
                Bummer, Dude. I'm sorry for your loss.

• ellz
                ellz commented
                Editing a comment
                I wish you much, much better luck next go round!

Thanks for all your condolences guys and gals. First time I ever lost all my plants. I've lost a couple here and there but not all. Hope to get some seeds this week. Going to clean the shit out of my tents and room. The next grow will be the best yet lol

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X