Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How will nutrient lockout effect my plants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL How will nutrient lockout effect my plants?

I just suffered nutrient lockout on my plants that are 5 weeks into flower. I've flushed them and got the runoff ppms down to under 400 on the runoff. I believe I caught it within a week.

My question is; how will this effect my plants? Yields? Quality?

thanks for the help!

What's your PH going in and coming out ? Lockout keeps your plants from up taking nutrients.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Ph going is 6.2-6.7 coming out is the same.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey DJ, if you caught it fast, it should not have much, if any, impact on the plants. Good catch!

🌱 The most important thing is to make sure the plants are getting better, not worse! But if you've got the problem under control, the buds should start fattening again 🌱
      (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ Poof!

Comment

Your PH sounds good. Usually nutrient lockout is the result of extreme PH fluctuations or just PH that is off for the grow medium your using. It can start with an imbalance or excess of nutrients_ which can happen for many reasons. Probably your soil has/had some nutrients that when combined with any you've been adding threw things out of balance . Since your PH looks good, I'd just water with PH 6.5 water and no nutrients for a for a few days or so. But 400ppm is probably not going to supply enough nutrients for good growth during the flowering period so start adding those nutrients back in a bit at a time. Check PH and ppm each time. If the PH stays in range and your ppm doesn't come back up then feed em a bit at a time.Hope all goes well !
        Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
        liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X