Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Half of The Leaf Turning Light Green to Brown

Hello Guys,

I need immeadiate help for this plant. I could not figure out what problem is and could not find any post related to this problem. It spreads fast. You can see all transmissions in picture. First, half of leaf turns to light green and then turn to brown.

There is not any bugs around the plant. It is growing in soil and getting nutrients on its schedule. Everything was fine until this last week. I have been facing with this problem for a week. I do not know ph level because until now i did not need it. This week the only difference was I added liquid carbo load because it is in flowering stage for 2-3 weeks. That is why I will not use carbo load for this week. Maybe problem occur because of this nutrition. I am keeping them in a small dark room at midnight for flowering stage and this room is a little bit hot. I thought maybe heat stress might be the problem but I searched for heat stress and I could not see relation with my problem. I think, my plant is sick and i do not know how to cure it.

I really appreciate for your help from now. Thank you.

Looks like it could be a deformity
    View an assortment of strange mutations and unique pictures of growing cannabis plants.

Comment

• odessius
      odessius commented
      Editing a comment
      I think it is not two toned leaves, I wish it is two tones leaf and it would be cool . But i guess, leaves are dying. Like Jeg said, it might be Ph but I could not understand why do I see this symptom right now(plant is nearly 2 months old)? If i cannot find a solution then I will buy a tool to check Ph like you said.
      Last edited by odessius; 07-04-2017, 10:05 AM.

There is a good diagnosis tool here http://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-symptoms-pictures
    It's not how crazy I am, but how much I enjoy it that makes me dangerous.

Coco/Perlite 60/40, GH Nutrients and Calimagic, 5 Gal Fabric pots
    Germination lights 2 30watt LEDS
    Veg and Flowering 1 600 Watt GalaxyHydro LED

Completed Grows. 1 Photoperiod and 2 Autos

Current Grows: 1 mystery Auto 71 days, 1 White Widow Auto 62 days, 1 Amnesia Auto 62 days

Comment

• odessius
      odessius commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you bikerstonrr for your help. However, I already checked all of these symptoms but could not find related to my problem

🌱 Can you post a picture of the whole plant? How close is it to your grow light? What is the temperature and humidity?

So you noticed the problem started immediately after adding Carbo Load? If so, I'd recommend not using that for a while until this clears up, just to make sure that's not the cause.

It doesn't look a WHOLE lot like a deficiency, but it kind of looks like pH fluctuations. I assume from the name that Carbo load has carbohydrates/sugars. I'm trying to learn about soil and the little microsystem that goes on there. In a book I was reading, it was saying that adding sugar to the soil feeds the little microorganisms, but that adding too much too quick can cause the pH to fluctuate because of the waste products the bacteria give off from digesting the sugar.

Anyways, regardless if that's the cause, since it does look like a pH problem, and you haven't been checking the pH, that's definitely the first thing I would check!

I know in my personal experience that cutting steps in the vegetative stage usually works okay, but if you try the same shortcuts with flowering plants, they will get mad! Especially in the last few weeks before harvest, the plants become real divas about pH! 🌱
    (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ Poof!

Comment

Originally posted by berrypilot View Post
      🌱 Can you post a picture of the whole plant? How close is it to your grow light? What is the temperature and humidity?

So you noticed the problem started immediately after adding Carbo Load? If so, I'd recommend not using that for a while until this clears up, just to make sure that's not the cause.

It doesn't look a WHOLE lot like a deficiency, but it kind of looks like pH fluctuations. I assume from the name that Carbo load has carbohydrates/sugars. I'm trying to learn about soil and the little microsystem that goes on there. In a book I was reading, it was saying that adding sugar to the soil feeds the little microorganisms, but that adding too much too quick can cause the pH to fluctuate because of the waste products the bacteria give off from digesting the sugar.

Anyways, regardless if that's the cause, since it does look like a pH problem, and you haven't been checking the pH, that's definitely the first thing I would check!

I know in my personal experience that cutting steps in the vegetative stage usually works okay, but if you try the same shortcuts with flowering plants, they will get mad! Especially in the last few weeks before harvest, the plants become real divas about pH! 🌱
      These days I check it regularly and I guess this problem looks like stopped for now after flushing session. I grow it outdoor. Temperature is generally around 27 - 32 right now. I am not sure about humidity. The only difference that I did so far is adding Carbo Load. By the way, you might be right because I realized yestarday that there were really small bugs got stuck on plant's stem and I do not know what kind of bug it is. It looks like cannot move or can move really slowly because I killed 3-4 of them easily. I do not know this is related to my problem.

Secondly, one of a friend told me that it might be sudden severe magnesium deficiency and ph could cause of this problem. What do you think about that? As soon as possible, I will get a ph meter.
      Last edited by odessius; 07-06-2017, 05:14 AM.

Comment

• Aloner
        Aloner commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like it could be aphids (at last, something I have actual experience with!). They come in many different colors (mine were kinda clear-looking with dark legs and markings). Very small (I needed a magnifying glass to see them clearly), maybe 1/8" long. Treating with neem oil seems to have done the trick. Since you're in flowering you may want to try something else, like spinosad.

• odessius
        odessius commented
        Editing a comment
        If I have bigger problems with these bugs, I will use spinosad for sure. I really appreciate for your advice!

🌱 It could be pH, or a watering problem. The leaf color just isn't quite right. Has it been in the same container since the beginning? I know that with hard-side containers, sometimes the plant can get rootbound if it's been in the same container too long, which gives it weird deficiencies and can cause drooping even if you're doing everything else right.

I'm not sure how tall your plant is, but it looks like it's getting up there. According to the website, if the plant is 48" tall (4 feet) it should be in a 8-10+ gallon container for the flowering stage, and if it's 60" (5 feet) it should be in a 12+ gallon container to prevent it from getting rootbound.

Generally it's not recommended to transplant in the flowering stage, so you have to make your own decision, but I've found that if you are very careful not to disturb the roots at all (move the whole root ball gently, don't shake them out, etc) and then dig a hole in the new container, you can gently place the whole root ball inside and then fill around gently with more soil. Water immediately. If you do this, I've found that plants often don't get transplant shock. I feel like they only get shocked if their roots get damaged or moved. If you're going to transplant, you want to do it as soon as possible, because the plant gets easier and easier to stress as your approach harvest time.

32C is really hot for cannabis plants. It's especially bad for the roots. Is it possible to put a box around the container, or perhaps put this one in a bigger container (like put a pot inside a bigger pot), just so there's a little air gap around the roots? You could also dig a hole in the ground and put the container inside, because the soil under the ground usually doesn't get much hotter even on a really hot day. This will keep the roots cooler than if the sun is shining directly on the sides of the pot. I haven't grown any cannabis plants outside to finish (on my first outdoor grow right now), but I have an extensive outdoor garden including many other types of plants in containers (and I live in a place that gets 40C weather in the summer). I've found plants can handle much higher temperatures if their roots are cool. Transplanting to a bigger container would also add more protection for the roots.

Make sure it's not getting underwatered in the heat! That's a plant-killer! If it gets really hot one day, it can help to move the plant to a shady spot until the heat has dropped a little.

The little bugs may be scales? If so, you can basically just spray them off with a sprayer (wait until after the sun is going down so the water doesn't burn the plants in the sun). I haven't had them on cannabis, but I have had them on other plants in the garden and at least for me they've been pretty easy to control if you just watch out for them and make sure to always remove any immediately. They don't really seem to "infest" the plant the way other bugs do, and they don't seem to bother them too much if there's just a few. Make sure to check under the leaves, and all around the plant, because they seem to like to hide in the shady parts of the plant. 🌱
      (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ Poof!

Comment

Yes it is in the same container since the beginning. It is 70 cm starting from top point of soil. I guess my container is 5 lt but I guess it was last week, I add more soil because it looked like not enough to me because of after some periods of watering. Thanks for advice berrypilot but it takes a lot effort for me to transplant it. I might make some mistakes during this process. That is why I add more soil inside of container and I think it is okey for now.

I moved plant to a shady spot like you said. There is also enough wind to make it cooler. Before that, I was putting it directly to the sun light and soil was drying mostly than now (so I often needed to add water). Now, i believe its place is much better than before.

I got a ph meter. I will give you exact info about ph after I used it.

By the way, about this little bugs I looked at some pictures and "You're god damn right." (Heisenberg) . Like you said they really like hiding in the shady parts of the plant. I killed all of them I saw. There were 3-4 of them. I think it is not a big problem for now. Thank you so much for your effort and help dude!

(Picture below is taken from websites)

Comment

• berrypilot
          berrypilot commented
          Editing a comment
          🌱 It sounds like your plant is way better now! Glad to hear it was just scales 🌱

I checked ph of water(around 7) and ph of water after i added nutrients (>7). Is not this strange? Because if this is the case, why i did not see any iron deficiency or something else? Is it because ph level of water decrease in soil? This time to decrese ph level I added some lemon drops to water. I will check difference next time.

Comment

• berrypilot
          berrypilot commented
          Editing a comment
          🌱 The nutrients will affect the PH of the water, so it's important to add all your nutrients and supplements first BEFORE checking and adjusting the PH.

The reason to PH the nutrient water is that certain nutrients are easier for the plant to absorb in the right PH range. If the PH is too high or low at the roots, the plant can't absorb the nutrients properly (even if they're physically there in the soil).

So you want to make sure the PH is right immediately before giving water to your plants. I hope that helps! 🌱

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X