No announcement yet.

leaves turning colors...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is 24 hours after a watering w/ pH of about 6.0. I still can't tell what I'm really looking for. Light burn? wind burn? deficiencies (potassium/magnesium?) prune again?

Comment

• Randy2310
      Randy2310 commented
      Editing a comment
      it's a 5 gal bucket. But at best there's only like 1-1.5 gal of soil. there's some decent sized garden rocks lining the bottom of the bucket, then soil. The 1st intake fan is maybe halfway up the bucket. Are my roots out of soil to move around in?

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Your a autoflower, what is a the breeders timeline from seed? What us your plant's age?

• Randy2310
      Randy2310 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nirvana Northern Light Autoflower. Flowering period 7-9 weeks. It's been flowering for about 3 weeks (since June 24th give or take). We started germinating mid May.

Current build. There's an outtake fan on the backside set a lil higher up than the intake

Comment

I need some fast input. The watering on the 13th with the pH 6 water didn't seem to do improve the plant very much. Not worse, slight improvement at best.

I've pruned the bad leaves, and tomorrow I will be watering because I'm leaving at 12 noon EST and returning Friday late afternoon. I do have a trusted friend to come by and check on the plant.

I'm thinking potassium/phosphorus deficiency. I'd like to add those in with the watering tomorrow but the only direct access to liquid nutrients is Fox Farm Tiger Bloom (2-8-4) and what I recall was Big Bloom (0-0.5-0.7) but I think the ratios were slightly different on the bottle. I can't find an equivalent product on their site. I swore it was more like (0.2-0.3-0.5) or something like that. I grabbed the Tiger Bloom but was in a hurry, I can always exchange it in the morning. I'm just worried that it's too much nitrogen. Otherwise I have to order from Amazon and not give nutrients until fri/sat.

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Randy, if you're trying to get potassium phosphorus to your plants tiger bloom will do I wouldn't worry about the nitrogen as it is designed for the flowering stage just keep your ratio at half of the recommended dose to start.
        I'm in coco and only use 1 tbl per 1 gallon every 7days compared to big bloom being 4tbl per gallon every 7days Thur the whole grow.
        Hope this helps.
        Last edited by Mr.furley; 07-16-2017, 08:39 PM.

I returned home to find no real change. I can't decide if it's better or worse since Monday. I did remember to empty the drain tray so when I tested the pH of the run off water it was lower than 6.6. I couldn't decide if it was closer to 6 or 6.4. This was using a watering testing at 6.0 on Monday. Does my soil need a flush? Is it nutrient burn/deficiency? Root rot? I can't imagine light burn still being a concern as I added a spacer before I left.

Comment

**** OH NO!!! ****

I haven't seen much change since Friday's watering with correct pH water and 1/2 strength Tiger Bloom added. On Fri the pH was about 6.2. The runoff pH I tested this morning was a bit higher at 6.4ish. I decided I should try to flush. I prepped 1.5 gallons of water only at pH 6.0. Shut the lights but kept the fan going.

Checking in this evening I discovered these.... did stress cause my plant to hermie?

Comment

You have used up the soil in the bucket , no nutrients left . It sure looks like it
          Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 07-26-2017, 09:22 PM.
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

• Randy2310
            Randy2310 commented
            Editing a comment
            Can I still harvest because of how far along the plant is?

If that's your only plant let it continue to grow ,it will much larger, I just harvested my NLAUTO from Nirvana on day 87 ,how old is your plant??
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

• Randy2310
            Randy2310 commented
            Editing a comment
            Only plant. single space bucket setup. I didn't take declining nutrients from the soil into account. Since the watering the other day was excess plain water to flush, I will test the runoff pH and add the regular dose of tiger bloom to the next watering in a couple of days.

The earliest picture I can find is dated 5/20 and it's a fairly new sprout with 2 small sets of leaves. So between 60-70 days absolute tops.

I can see all the trichomes surrounding the bud. Harvest must be soon approaching. I need some better magnification to see them change

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X