Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alltatup's 3rd Grow - 400W MH/HPS - DWC - Ace Purp Haze x Malawi - 7.6 oz Harvest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you know, after learning a little bit about growing cannabis and seeing what goes into those nugs everbody loves to smoke on....
    and seeing you sativa growers do a lot more work, and wait for such a long time to get there...
    (why the hell dont prices reflect that? )
    i have seen what you put into this teach, frkn awesome.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      intergalactic_harvester Thanks for your kind words. I have learned a lot, like never to grow a strain like this again in my grow box!! I had no idea of how big she was going to get because of my lack of experience, but now I know what a landrace sativa is gonna do.

Number two: if I DO grow my last phxmalawi seed in my grow box, I had better manifold and do it right. I LST'd this girl and she grew all the fk all over the box, and I was unable to create a canopy where all main colas got equal access to the light. Right now, as we round out week 17, I can see that different buds are at different places, and dog only knows how long I'ma be harvesting her.

And finally, the proof will be in the pudding. I've been reading all sorts of threads on growing these landrace sativas, and I just hope that I get good potency from her. I'm dropping nutes down slowly as we approach liftoff...

Hey ATU any updates on the Super Square Grouper ?
    Or the Growzilla ?
    Currently use 2 gal bubbleponics tank
    Using 150 Watt HPS
    Trying 300 watt LED
    General Hydro Nutes ,reg and organic
    Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey MedMan, actually, YES. I cut some lower branches yesterday which are now hanging to dry. I'm still seeing lots of clear triches on buds, but the lower branches were farther along. At this point, it's one or two more weeks, I think. Fortunately, I have access to the grow journal of a buddy who grew this strain last year, and I went back to look at his info. When he harvested, there were still some white pistils, so I feel less anxious about my girl. Just gotta wait for the bud triches to turn in the majority...

And I know your ready for them to get ready. Keep a close eye on the cloudiness of the trichs ,cause all don't go amber. Keep an eye on the big swelling of the buds in certain spots. I'm just now trying some of my last harvest that's 3 weeks old and can't get over how good and smooth and sweet and how high that pot gets you, wish you stayed closer.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Believe me DAAS, I'm lookin at those damn trichomes every day. I need to leave them alone for a couple of days!!! It's like they're saying to me, Stop breathing down our necks!!!

YOU enjoy!!!!!

SMOKE REPORT:

I dried and mini-cured a little bit of weed for a buddy's visit last night. It was from week 16 of flower (week 18 started Saturday). It was very, very kind bud: an intense high behind the eyes and in the forhead, with a floating sensation, and my mind just went free, I couldn't stop its amazing free flow. It lasted a good couple of hours--we smoked a couple of cones--and there was no exhaustion or lethargy in the waning effects. I'm weighing it dry and keeping tally: we smoked 1.3 grams.

This is a sativa, but I found it incredibly relaxing. Not really trippy or psychadelic, but a terrific mental high, a floating sensation in mind and body, and relaxation. Plus the herb smoked REALLY smooth, no harshness whatsoever to the smoke. The ash burned white, there was no residue.

So I have started flushing her--even though I don't really think it's necessary because her nute requirements were so low, and I trimmed all lower bud sites over the weekend. I laid out branches to dry on the 28th in a cool dark room; they were ready to jar this morning, holding steady at 65% RH. The buds are so light and airy, it's so different from handling any hybrid I've grown so far. The densest, heaviest buds are still all on the plant. I'll be very interested to see what the difference is between week 16 PHxM and week 19-20 PHxM.
    DWC/Hydroponic grow box 26" x 36",
    400 watt MH/HPS lights
    ActiveAqua chiller 1/10 hp
    Current grow:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...blk-dom-ww-c99

Comment

• intergalactic_harvester
      Editing a comment
      showtime teach!!! sooo excited for you

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks harvester; it won't be five lbs, but I'm hopin it's close to 1 lb.

• POKEDSMOT
      POKEDSMOT commented
      Editing a comment
      alltatup only outdoors.

Good Job Alltatup and yes I have grown a couple landrace,sativas in my life the plants are always in control not you ,they are real time mother f-cker that way ,they are the boss no doubt but it is so much fun watching them grow into monsters I love em. Well over a lb.dry I say. Great job.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      D.A.A.S.69 You are exactly right: I had no control over her!!! She was in charge; it really felt that way. And I didn't totally understand her, didn't know what she was gonna do, cuz she didn't play by the same rules as hybrids, no freakin way! The experience is eye-opening.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	1
Size:	385.8 KB
ID:	121513

I harvested one of the small colas this morning; triches all cloudy.
    400 watt MH/HPS lights
    Current grow:

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      abadtrip COOL BEANS!!! In this world of fast food and fast buds, it's a nice change to go back to a landrace strain and grow something really different. I really look forward to your grow!!!!

I've got some Dr. Grinspoon seeds that I also really want to grow. Maybe next spring or summer I will try some of them.

• MedMan
      MedMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice job ATU and nice trim job too .Great grow and can't wait to see the next one .

• Sonnyhad
      Sonnyhad commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, very nice!

Name:	IMG_1309.JPG
Size:	454.5 KB
ID:	122237

The branch picture I put up on Wednesday got snipped and put in a jar today: 11.6 grams. This herb is definitely not a cash crop, but it's divine and I'm glad I grew it.

I have harvest 56 grams so far--2 oz. I estimate that I will harvest maybe 7-8 oz. altogether: it's extremely light and airy bud. I wanna grow more sativa, most definitely. Love it.
    Last edited by alltatup; 08-04-2017, 02:16 PM.
    400 watt MH/HPS lights
    Current grow:

Comment

8 oz is pretty nice weight in that little box teach. awesome grow!!

Comment

Name:	
Size:	453.1 KB
ID:	122846

I harvested the rest of my sativa girl today. These are the biggest colas. I trimmed for 7 1/2 hours. Tomorrow I clean the chiller and grow box. And germinate.
        Last edited by alltatup; 08-06-2017, 05:40 PM.
        400 watt MH/HPS lights
        Current grow:

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, GGed!!!

• Aloner
          Aloner commented
          Editing a comment
          And thus the cycle continues...

Growzilla is now Budzilla -- fantastic work, Perfesser!

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, Aloner. Budzilla: I like that.

Nice ,really nice ATU. Great supply there that should keep you until the next grow ends . Maybe . Sorta Kinda .
        That will defiantly be one batch to put some aside for a nice LLllong cure and bring back memories .
        I know I have a little left from my first grow that I have had curing for over a year and just gets better and smoooother with age .
        Currently use 2 gal bubbleponics tank
        Using 150 Watt HPS
        Trying 300 watt LED
        General Hydro Nutes ,reg and organic
        Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          It ends up waaaaay lighter than it looks now. So the goal is to cure some of it until October when some of my lil homies will be back for Homecoming! I can't make promises about the rest of it...

I finished jarring up my buds this morning. It was like xmas morning: I got up at 3:00 cuz I was so excited, and trimmed and jarred until 5. Then I pH'd by other girls, then I got on GWE forum and here I am, doing what I love to do.

FINAL WEIGHT OF BUDS: 216 grams/ 7.6 oz.

I wish it had been twice that amount, but next time I grow it, I expect to get 14 oz. I learned A LOT. I LOVE SATIVAS!!!
        400 watt MH/HPS lights
        Current grow:

Comment

• GanjaGed
          GanjaGed commented
          Editing a comment
          I wasn't attempting to assume. I thought you had mentioned a husband at some point. I probably shouldn't have said it since I know my memory isn't reliable. I'll just shut up now

• abadtrip
          abadtrip commented
          Editing a comment
          It does not matter in the slightest

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          GanjaGed Don't shut up!!! It's cool. But no, I'm not domesticated.

Name:	
Size:	448.8 KB
ID:	123720

Here is the dry ice hash I made with the sativa trim yesterday. It is sitting in the curing closet with the lid off, and I'm stirring it twice a day to make sure it dries out completely. I used a 73 micron bag.
        400 watt MH/HPS lights
        Current grow:

Comment

• Sheesh
          Sheesh commented
          Editing a comment
          We made dry ice hash for the first time earlier this year. Once we had the kief like in your picture we made "sneaker hash". We took a decent amount and pressed it together by hand. Then we put it in baggies folded, sealed and flattened. Next, we put it in our shoes and took a 5-10 minute walk. Open the bags and roll the hash into 2-3 gram sized balls. Then into the CVaults (or jars) with Bovedas. We ended up with about 8 grams and still smoking it a few months later (we save it for really bad muscle spasms or company ). It works great, you may want to try a small amount to see how you like it. Best part is you can break off a small piece and throw it in a
          pipe.

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Sheesh Thanks for the tip! I didn't weigh the hash, and it's nowhere near 8 grams, but maybe I'll just do that with all of it. I'm letting it dry right now, and every day I give it a few stirs and I've kept the lid off. Every day it smells more hashy and less like plant matter. Even just using a 73 micron bag, I got a little leaf in there...

Funny: "We save it for bad muscle spasms or company": when company comes over, we have to get real high first!!! (I know you mean sharing.)

• Tika
          Tika commented
          Editing a comment
          GEORGEOUS!!!!! VERY fine color!

I got 6 more weeks left and I super jealous 😒
        Current grow: http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ough-by-ripper
        I
        https://growdiaries.com/diaries/2642-first-dwc-grow

1000w HPS. (4) Galaxyhydro 300w eq LEDs. 48x96x80" flower tent. 2x2x4' clone tent. DWC. House and Garden nutes: Aqua Flakes + supplements per HG DWC feeding schedule.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't be jealous!! I waited 19 weeks, but it doesn't even seem that long now that it's over; you'll be testing her out soon...

I'm definitely growing this one again.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X