• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autos are far better wayyyyy easyier for new people

Comment

• Nsky
      Nsky commented
      Editing a comment
      Well I screwed up.on that one I guess. I wanted to learn and learn through it all. But now bud less for soooo long I wish I'd gotten autos to start. Oh wellll. . Hope when I post a journal soon I'll get your advice then.

• Marley
      Marley commented
      Editing a comment
      You get your seeds yet Nsky?

Your doing good so far. Can't help too much with lights as I went with LED and they are very different from what you have, but for future reference LED are great for closet grows as they put off very little heat and good for small spaces.

Your plants look good so far but like the others said you definitely want some nutes. You can get FloraTrio or Fox Farms Trio at most corporate type nurserys but if your looking at getting the smaller bottles use Amazon you can get all three for like $40. Once you get the nutea you can refer to Fox Farms website for a feeding schedule (I attached it below) soilenglish2015.pdf

Keep on giving them some love and attention and if anything happens refer to the main GWE page and the plant diagnosis page or ask here in the forums.
    My Last Grows:
    1. http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...n-forest-28-1g

2. http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...s-platinum-gsc

My Current Grow:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/member/2395-alphaphoenix

Comment

• Awaken5
      Awaken5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok thank tyler Im gonna read this like 20 times and try my best to fully understand this

• Awaken5
      Awaken5 commented
      Editing a comment
      hello, question about the fox farms schedule. I read somewhere that you only add half of what they recommend is that true? and do I really start adding tiger bloom
      by week 5 seems early to me.

• AlphaPhoenix
      AlphaPhoenix commented
      Editing a comment
      The schedule does seem a bit odd but I use it a half strength to see how my plants will react and then slowly increase to full strength (usually over 3 or 4 feedings). I follow the amounts listed but not the timeline as strictly. I don't give the tiger bloom until the first week of flower after I flush and transplant to its final container. For most of my strains that is usually about week 5 or 6 but if you are not autoflowering and want bigger plants then you can wait until you switch to flower.

I also use LEDs, hardly any heat great for closets. SouthernOregonSeeds look em up.Those lights you got will grow weed bro.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• Awaken5
      Awaken5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok ill look into LEDs and clfs because id like to get rid of those halogen light bulbs at the least ill look up that seed company, any cheap/good seeds you'd recommend?

Are those halogen, are u sure? I don't know what you like but any of there auto fems will do good. Read up on them and decide what you like and in a very short time you will be smoking the good sh-t. The people on GWE will help you with any kind of help you need. Its late where i live, southern state, sleepy plus high as hell. Good Luck.
    Cfls for a week or two
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Now that ive looked I dont think they are

Comment

I thought they would work. Brother look on GWE files until you see Rockman, click on some of his grows and you'll see that not only him but a good many folks use only cfls and they grow the shot out of some awesome bud. More light is great up to a point, but you need to check out Rockmans grows and some others, nothing but cfls, heat is not much problem with those. Check back in .
        Cfls for a week or two
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

• OzBud
          OzBud commented
          Editing a comment
          Jeg and 9fingerleafs have done well with cfl too

• Aloner
          Aloner commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm moving my plants outside soon but until then I'm using CFLs. I started out with one soft white 13w (the only spare bulb in the house) which caused terrible stretching. (What can I say? It's my first grow!) Got 4 daylight 23w which made a HUGE difference. My plants seem content and while it's definitely warm, it's not HOT. I'm using a fan to keep the air from getting stagnant but I've kept the lights pretty close to the plants with no problems so far.

Ill check thme out I found this LED would this do well with my closet grow? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017LEIRUW...a-308320637880

Comment

Bro I am sure it would ,but to be honest if this was my first grow I would spend my money on some cheap cfls some autoflower seeds where you can keep the door open an not worry about heat ,you said your not worried about smell ,a PH meter ,humidity - temp gauge, a 5 pound bag of KindSoil and be done with it. My first LED I had to send back cause some of the lights went out.I not saying that one would but you never know.
          Cfls for a week or two
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

Ok ill leave the LEDs for another grow, what kind of cfls wattage/brand?

Comment

• Jibblerjoe
              Jibblerjoe commented
              Editing a comment
              You got the lights, you got plants growing. First grow will be all learning. The first 2 wks are slow, then plant begins to really take off. I would get them out of the tub. To get rid of heat, must have an exhaust fan to remove heat, or fan in doorway blowing in cooler air. Used the GWE site grow journals to make my self a list of needEd equipment , then seeds ordered. Good luk.

• Awaken5
              Awaken5 commented
              Editing a comment
              Are the lights I have enough for a full grow? when I first ordered the lights I bought three different kind of bulbs 3000k T5, 6400k T5, and 10000k T5. I originally thought I started with the 3k bulbs and move to the 6400k when they start to veg and 10k at flower but im not so sure anymore. Each bulb only had 2k lumens which is not very much they are also only 24watts each

I was saying that because he said his were to hot, I've never used them but I don't think T5s get hot do they? Get fan for them. LEDs get kinda warm. Your plants could be females or they could be males,who knows , and you want know for several more weeks. That's why I was saying I get autos if you want to be smoking Good bud in a couple months, but that's just me plus keep growing those you got.
            Cfls for a week or two
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

• Awaken5
              Awaken5 commented
              Editing a comment
              Ive had a heat gage in the closet for a few days now it seems to be at a fine temp for now, I have two small fans in there between the lights and plants. The T5s dont get very hot, im gonna let these plants grow and order seeds when they are done/if they dont end up working out for some reason. although if I ordered seeds now and planted them in there would that be a problem for the older plants when I switch to 12/12 when they start to veg? if they are autos they grow a few weeks faster so I guess it would be ok... kinda answering my own questions here but not 100% sure

Sounds like a plan . Good Luck.
            Cfls for a week or two
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

Update sense yesterday, the one that fell over a few days ago from to much heat I believed ended up shriveling up and dying. I transplanted two of them into different containers because I thought they were getting bad drainage in the solo cups, hopefully the 1 gal smart pot isnt to big for that little guy

Comment

• OzBud
                OzBud commented
                Editing a comment
                it'll be fine. I put my autos straight into 3.5gal cheap black plastic pots once they germinate in jiffys.

Just ordered 2 of the these CFL bulbs will this do? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

• tyler_ hobbyist
                tyler_ hobbyist commented
                Editing a comment
                I would sugest leds there way better than cfl HID is the best in my opion but heat is a major!!!!! Concern with hps/mh as they can raise ur temp a lot! Like 40-60degrees more! So unless u have a big room or an ac dnt use hids leds are the way to go in my opion. I have used cfl leds and HIDs

• Awaken5
                Awaken5 commented
                Editing a comment
                Ok I canceled the order on those CFLs I think I might just go for the LEDs because of the heating

• tyler_ hobbyist
                tyler_ hobbyist commented
                Editing a comment
                Good call man leds are awesome they make the plant grow so different than anyother light but it's a good thing

Hello, I got my humidity gage in today and it reads 38% which is low. I tried putting a bowl of water in there but that doesnt seem to work, I dont have a humidifier so im not sure on how I should raise the humidity

Comment

• Awaken5
                Awaken5 commented
                Editing a comment
                Ok thanks, I found 2 I like https://www.amazon.com/Morsen-Equiva...2P9DM1AFJ&th=1
                or https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A1JQX4MO1TE2PZ What you think would be best for my closet?

• AlphaPhoenix
                AlphaPhoenix commented
                Editing a comment
                The 2nd light is better in my personal opinion (the one with a lot lights not the big single one) as it will cover your grow area better, give better penetration, and will allow for more plants later. So a 300w would be good for a single plant, 600w for 2 maybe 3 plants and 1000w for 3 or 4 plants at a time. Remember it's the wattage pull from the wall that matters most not what is printed.

You'll want to start them between 20" and 24" from the top of the plant (canopy) and lower them maybe 1" every couple of days to dial it in but try not to get closer than 18" as most LEDs closer than 18" May cause light burn. (It'll look kinda like bleaching or yellowing/drying of your top leaves.)

Last but definitely not least you should look at the GWE sight and start reading about plant training and your bites. I know your as excited as we all once were and worried about messing up but just breathe and remember that we are all here for you and excited to help.

My Current Grow Journal:

• Awaken5
                Awaken5 commented
                Editing a comment
                Ok thanks I think ill go with the 600 watt, ive done research about the correct distance it should be at and all that as well as researched plant training.

Like Jibbler says brother , the kind of cfls we're talking about you can get almost any dollar store. You need to do some reading on GWE about lights all you need to know is right there.
              Cfls for a week or two
              36x36x63 inch tent.
              Smart pots
              Molasses
              Autoflowers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X