No announcement yet.

TtHE EXPEREMENT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAY 37 WEEK 6! Outside temp. today is 112 todays grow room temp. now 72 above RH now at 25%. All newts at 100% CalMag at 5ml per gal. 100% RO water grow. Leaf curl must be due to light and not heat lights on 24/7

Comment

• berrypilot
      berrypilot commented
      Editing a comment
      🌱 Despite the heat they look like the buds are developing well! 🌱

As many may know, I was buying MANY bottles of Distilled water for my DWC at my local store each bottle cost me .95 this really adds up to the grow cost weed is a thirsty plant!!!. I got a 5 stage RO filter and a TDS meter I have been using it for all DWC watering needs.
    My first water bill came today it went UP by a whopping $3.00!. My cost per gal. for DWC water, is now 4.1 cents a gal. The RO filter in itself will save about $120.00 a grow!. The filter provides me many gallons (they claim 500 gal.) of low 0-5 TDS water for a low price. (note) I also saved $62.13 on electricity by using the reduced wattage 400 Watt 10K MH finishing bulb during vegetation instead of a 7K normal vegetation 600 Watt one . All together I figure I shaved about $200. on grow costs. My goal is to reduce grow cost to about what a garage freezer cost to run but maintain a respected harvest, or balance between cost and pay out .
    Last edited by dontknownuttin; 07-08-2017, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      DKN, how much did the 5 stage RO filter cost? Do you have it in the kitchen? How do you fill your reservoir?

Now, if only we could talk Fox Farm into charging less then $1.00 a tablespoon for nutrients!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dontknownuttin; 07-08-2017, 05:50 AM.

Comment

The R.O. filter is a ON DEMAND table top model (I keep it in a bag under my desk in the dark between uses) Initial cost of filter from Amazon was $119.00 (shipping included). Filter replacement cartridge kits are available for $75.00 This unit says it will filter 500 gal. between cartridge change out. I guess it would also depend also on how hard the initial water is you are filtering. The water I filter has a initial TDS of 172. After filtering I get a TDS reading of (2) I check every R.O, gallon I make with a TDS meter before use. My house water is hard at 172 but not bad enough to tax this filter it seems. I store the RO water in gallon jugs for DWC use. I keep 5 gallons plain on the ready for PHing and future use.
      Last edited by dontknownuttin; 07-08-2017, 06:32 AM.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks DKN. Very helpful information.

• Aloner
        Aloner commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm guessing it's this one, is that right?

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Aloner Thanks!!!

Sounds like the Stage 5 is an awesome addition to your grow, DKN.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

Some day I may knowsumttin!

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          PERHAPS that day is today!!!!!

This RO System delivers approximately 3 gallons of pure, clean water per hour.
        • Elements and the Percent Membranes will remove: Arsenic (93%-96%), Aluminum (86%-90%), Bicarbonate (90%), Cyanide (93%), Chloride (85%-92%), Calcium (94%-98%), Sodium (86.5%-93%), Sulfate (96%-98%), Potassium (84%-95%), Barium (95%-98%), Iron (94%-98%), Nitrate (60%-76%), Mercury (94%-98%), Zink (95%-98%), Selenium (94%-96%), Lead (95%-98%), Phosphate (94%), Magnesium (98%), Fluoride (82%-92%), Nickel (96%), Cadmium (96%), Detergent (97%), Herbicides (97%), Insectecides (97%), Strontium (96%).

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          So it leaves 7% of the total cyanide in my water????? just kidding... but still...

starting with TDS rich water is like painting a picture on a smeared canvas, the cleaner the canvas the better for optimizing mineral availability

Comment

• Tazard
          Tazard commented
          Editing a comment
          House And Garden recommends that you stabilize RO water to 180ppm, how do you do this? My tap water is about 180ppm at 7.5pH but I have seen it at 8.9 pH.

Beautiful ladies you have!!!
        First grow Bagseed and Acid Dough:
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ough-by-ripper

First grow Acid Dough:
        https://growdiaries.com/diaries/2642-first-dwc-grow

Second grow Monster Cropped Acid Dough:
        https://growdiaries.com/diaries/2920...clone-revegged

1000w HPS. (4) 136w LEDs. 48x96x80" flower tent. (1) 136w LED. (6) 13w cfls. 2x2x4' clone tent. DWC. House and Garden nutes: Aqua Flakes + supplements per HG DWC feeding schedule. Hydroguard.

Comment

Day 46! Hot outside today 113! At canopy level the temp. is 71 degrees Temp. at roots is 65 degrees RH high today at 35%
          Last edited by dontknownuttin; 07-16-2017, 04:33 PM.

Comment

I wonder why they call this plant the "Auto pounder?

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Don't you mean Quarter pounder?

At this moment it is a no pounder

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Let me ponder the no pounder. Do you think your root temp. might be a bit low? I have read that too cool temps on roots can stunt growth. Nebula says:
              "Many growers aim for their reservoir water to be between 60-68°F because cooler reservoir temps prevent some bad organisms from growing in the first place, and cool water can hold more dissolved oxygen in the 60-70°F range. However, cannabis can grow and thrive in much warmer reservoir temperatures as long as beneficial organisms are present to fight root rot. In fact, I personally have found that hydroponic plants tend to grow a little slower when their roots are cool, and grow fastest around 75°F (as long as you're using a supplement with beneficial organisms to kill root rot).

Of course, at that temperature you don't have to worry about root rot at all.

The experiment was a success SO FAR. Week 7 in a few days.

Last edited by dontknownuttin; 07-18-2017, 08:19 AM.

Comment

DAY 54!!!! I figure about 6 more weeks! I still wonder why they call this plant the AUTO POUNDER?
              Last edited by dontknownuttin; 07-24-2017, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Wait about 35 more days and you'll know why!

Lookin good, DKN!!!

Height: 60cm-100cm
              Harvest: 70-80 days from seed
              Stone: Deep body stone
              THC: Medium/High

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                DKN, why do you figure that you have 6 more weeks? If you're at day 56, you shouldn't have more than 3 weeks to go to get to day 77.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X