No announcement yet.

New grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Defol today. Wow everywhere are little tiny buds. Every where I looked n the stalks! Hoping for the best.
    oh yeah and my cavendish banana is putting out. Bananacanna bread!
    Bubbleponics
    Advanced platinum 450w
    Foxfarms big bloom , tiger bloom , grow big
    hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

• Capncanna
      Capncanna commented
      Editing a comment
      Finally after all these years! 😎

• Sheesh
      Sheesh commented
      Editing a comment
      Capncanna, how do you take lights off photos in flower? Do you wait for lights on and kill your grow light for a couple of minutes to take photos? Or just take photos 2 minutes before lights come on?

• Capncanna
      Capncanna commented
      Editing a comment
      Use the flash on my phone camera Turn off grow lights for a second then back on.

I've got 2 rhizomes I'm transplanting so even more next year!
    Bubbleponics
    Advanced platinum 450w
    hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

After the crazy growing during veg, it feels like nothing's happening. But this morning things are getting frosty ! Lots of new buds. Ph was a little lo 5.3 this morning. Not coming up like it used to, but using a different nute schedule is keeping it steady so need to just start it higher I think.
      Bubbleponics
      Advanced platinum 450w
      hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

• Capncanna
        Capncanna commented
        Editing a comment
        So true. Come on come on. 😎 my ph is so lo now it's making me crazy. I got so used to using ph down by the gallon , now ph up ? Had to find the bottle, ha ha. With the rain my tap water is 5.7 . Crazy. Usually above 7.
        Cluck cluck!

• Doubledealing72
        Doubledealing72 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Capn, I've been following your grow for a while, and I keep forgetting to respond. First off, your level of stealth is ninja like. That is the coolest stealth grow I've ever seen! And you are killing it in the grow department as well. Those plants look great! Keep up the good work!

• Capncanna
        Capncanna commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks mcubed .

Snow has fallen on cola mountain. Buds are making away. Still keeping ppm around 1140 seems ok so not gonna play with it. I'm so used to fiddling with them it's hard. Feels,like when they were sprouting and I just wanted to do something.
      Im already thinking of all the changes to my grow room. Water and drain being top of the list. Have a great day GWE family.
      Bubbleponics
      Advanced platinum 450w
      hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Get out the skis and the hot chocolate!!

• Doubledealing72
        Doubledealing72 commented
        Editing a comment
        You must have taken them to Wendy's because they got frosty!

Rooty tooty ! Just stuck hand in w my phone. Flushed today and upped the nutes as per schedule.
      Bubbleponics
      Advanced platinum 450w
      hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

• Capncanna
        Capncanna commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, lots of worry at first as you know, but then found the right thing for me and kept on keeping on.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Is it true blonds have more fun????

• Capncanna
        Capncanna commented
        Editing a comment
        It's twoo it's twoo!

Good grow man.. love the door I may steal your idea one day..

Comment

• Capncanna
        Capncanna commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks , it was super easy and only GWE folks know about it. I always laugh when someone comes over and looks at it.

This morning a few top buds started getting a few amber pistols. I'm week 4 into flower. Is that normal?
      Bubbleponics
      Advanced platinum 450w
      hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

That's what mine do. Start turning a couple here and there but continue to produce more white pistils until the end.
        "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

Same here Capn. Right around half way through flower some pistils start maturing for me.
          4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

• Capncanna
            Capncanna commented
            Editing a comment
            It's on the blueberry, the ww is just white pistols. Thanks

2 different reservoirs , I'm thinking I need some cal mag. It's just a few leaves .I'm also having ph fluctuation. The small tips that are brown in pic 2 has a ppm of 850 so I don't think it's nute burn. Any ideas?
          Bubbleponics
          Advanced platinum 450w
          hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

• Capncanna
            Capncanna commented
            Editing a comment
            Saw that too but it's just the top leaves of 3 places. I'm gonna do a flush tomorrow just to be sure. And back off the nutes. I'm thinking calcium because I'm keeping ph lo for flowering 5.6 and thats out of range for uptake of calcium I think? >6.4 . That's off the top of my head so may be wrong .
            My feeding chart says I should be at 1400 ppm and I'm at 850. So ?
            All our water is from the aquifer and with this rain I wonder if the natural nutes in the water have changed that drastically . The ph has for sure.
            Thanks keep your fingers crossed.

• Daskahn
            Daskahn commented
            Editing a comment
            6.2 is what I was told is best for calcium.. lots of rain will most deff change your water contents

• Capncanna
            Capncanna commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks gonna try it !

My guess some type of nute problem, probably calcium(protects against light damage)
          Last edited by Daskahn; 08-07-2017, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• Capncanna
            Capncanna commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks my guess too, guess I'll go buy some cal mag !

Did a res change and went to half nutes. Also a complete newbie mistake, my ph meter was off needed calibration. Cal mag comes tomorrow and I will add that. Just when you think you got it, something comes in and blows your mind.
          Bubbleponics
          Advanced platinum 450w
          hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

• Capncanna
            Capncanna commented
            Editing a comment
            Oops failed to mention that did a flush! I also can pull my hose in the growmroom now , so I can rinse after the flush and did a good clean. I think the ww has bad genetics as well it had wierd two tof me leaves early on.
            The bb has been great. I checked my water it's been running 380 with nothing in it now it's 200 so doing math duh I've been slamming nutes to keep it at 1000. Learn learn learn. alltatup do you run plain phd water for the last few weeks?

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, I flushed my sativa with AN's Flawless Finish, even though I am skeptical now about the value of the flush. I flushed em for 8 or 9 days.

Glad to hear you flushed your girls! Ever since I had nute lockout, I guess I suspect everything is that, but here's the deal: we're feeding this specialized cannabis food, and I'm wonder how could they be deficient? So if there's lockout, it will look like a deficiency. When it happened to me, I added calcium and the leaves looked far worse the next day. So I removed everything and replaced with just plain pH'd water for the 48 hour flush. I'm going to do that this weekend to my small box grow, I have the feeling they will bounce back with a vengeance. I think it is a really good idea to do it on a regular basis, I just forget to...

• Capncanna
            Capncanna commented
            Editing a comment
            I try to do it every other week. I agree with you about lock out. I also have been reading a lot about ph and uptake of nutes. It's a small range for certain things. So I also wonder if ph was hi or lo for a week would it not uptake that certain nute. Would look the same as lock out or deficiency? This mornings check should tell a lot. I'll keep you posted.

I would say if new growth is an indication , all,is well. Buds a poppin. The top leaves are all that was effected and that looks like it stopped. Beginning to think ph was the problem along with a bit of lockout . Still gonna add a touch of cal mag just in case.
          thanks GWE fam.
          Bubbleponics
          Advanced platinum 450w
          hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

Pulled part of the effected leaves and got out the microscope. Did not effect the trichomes at all. Covered and also the veins were still working . So we shall see. Got the ph back up and added AN sensi cal mag. 1/4 strength.
            Have a good day all!
            Bubbleponics
            Advanced platinum 450w
            hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              U 2, Capn.

Well another lesson, since July we've been getting rain my tap water ppm was 300 . I've been adding nutes on that assumption. Checked today 455 , just under legal limit. So defiantly nute burned them. Lowered my res to 550 ppm with plain water ph 6 . Going to let it run overnight then res change.
            Buds look strong and colas are getting fat. Trichomes galore. Leaves funky but stopped changing color .Fingers crossed.
            Bubbleponics
            Advanced platinum 450w
            hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

• Daskahn
              Daskahn commented
              Editing a comment
              Try the plan water.. generally that's how you flush and should flush for better taste anyways

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Capncanna I don't know if you need to flush for an entire week, 48 hours should do it if they overdosed.

• Capncanna
              Capncanna commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks , tomorrow I'll give em a rinse and res change and use plain water till I see something change.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X