No announcement yet.

THC Bomb Auto vs. Photo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love it OJH ,I absolutely love growing outdoors, down here you gotta carry a nice strong stick cause we got every kind of snakes ,some good some bad , but I see plenty of them everyday in the woods, swampy Mississippi River backwaters ,also plenty of ticks,red bugs, chiggers and humongous bloodsucking mosquitoes. Have a great day , OJH.

Comment

I was out with my partner earlier this year and he counted 113 tick on him they dont like me that much but I still like having him around lol. I had a appt. in Boston the other day and stopped by the old shop and grabbed a couple of white tyvac suits for him sprayed them up camo he absolutely loves them. no more tic worries for him lol
      argo max tent ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . current grow gorilla glue 14th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s

Comment

its been a couple of weeks since my last update the girls are doing great , the second picture is of two thc bomb photos still on the smaller side but they have time they are short anyway . the fourth is of one I manifolded and gave a hair cut to the 5th can you see the four plants in here . then its back out to the woods I finding its tough to get good pictures of them cause they blend in so well
        argo max tent ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . current grow gorilla glue 14th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          no but shes pretty funny going around a corner lol

• Tazard
          Tazard commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome love how you have them set all around to blend in.

• Beach_Town_Brit
          Beach_Town_Brit commented
          Editing a comment
          Great pics jarhead, Looks like the start of some serious frost on those THC bombs.
          I need one of those self-driving parrots I think -- think she could handle LA traffic?

with all the rain weve had I didnt get out to see the girls for 5 days well I have one plant that shows amber and 4 others that show milky I think I will take them Friday do to bud rot, The autos in my Garden are not even close still dont have any tricholmes but they are looking good manafolding is going to produce 3 to 4 times the amount of harvest compared to the other outside Autos

Comment

• 7vicsmcc
          7vicsmcc commented
          Editing a comment
          I found rot today where the leaves mixed in the bud had died earlier. I pinched it out/ man that sticky doesn't wash off with water.
          So what to do? Harvest clean up and dry or discard?
          Last edited by 7vicsmcc; 08-20-2017, 07:33 PM.

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          if you leave just a little bit it will come back,I am harvesting .i'm close enough that trics are milky .in the fall when wwe see it we cut it out and leave the plant to finish . as for what to do with it my friend smokes it with no ill afects ,I am going to try using it when I make dry ice hash, you just cant leave it on the plant lol

• 7vicsmcc
          7vicsmcc commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks OJH, I gave 130 grams (wet) to a victim er ah friend to experiment with. He knows the warnings
          Handling buds stuck all brown pistles all down looking like rot but I don't think it is. I then looked at some of those magnified and trichomes have the spike but no tiny ball on top / from handling? or way past harvest time?

I took the woods autos yesterday,not a big yield but its something . I started with 10 thc bomb autos but It sure seemed to me like their were 5 different strains thc bomb is usually short and stocky with thick kolas .some of these plants were 5' tall and the buds look like they wanted to go back into veg, I had 2 plants with purple leaves, after its all dried I should end up with 1/4 lb,now the 4 autos in back yard are so much more I have to get out their and trim fan leaves but they look like they have 6 weeks left as far as trichs go

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice n sticky!

• Beach_Town_Brit
          Editing a comment
          Hey Jarhead, congrats on harvest, that growth looks similar to some of the autos we tried in my friend's "monkey cage" outdoor space this summer. I find autos outside very tough, as with so many things I think it's all about strain. Sounds like Mephisto is working on some outdoors strains so maybe next summer I'll try those.

Steady harvesting buds OJH, just what you are supposed to do ,good job. How do you like autos OJH??? What do you think about yield and speed from the autos???

Comment

hey Daas I am starting to really like Autos they will take some getting used to though ,I thought if you started the seeds at the same time then the plants should finish at the same time,thats not the case here at least when grown outside,I haven't grown them inside yet but I do think putting them in soil like kind is the way to go I think if they are manifolded it helps make up for the decrease in yield the autos in my Garden look amazing with tall kolas that are filling out nicely still look like they have a ways to go but hell longer they grow bigger the buds right, already have plans to run autos while the photos are going.

Comment

That sounds like a good plan OJH.

Comment

well I think i am going to take the rest of the Autos today they are having trouble with bud rot and its going to rain the trics are milky and the buds are almost big and hard ,but if I leave them I will lose 50% and I would rather have a head buzz smoke than a bud rot smoke (not that I smoke bud rot) so off with there kolas lol

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Go for it, Head!!!!!

Hey OJH can you take a couple of pictures of the bud rot for some GWE readers??

Comment

• Tazard
                Tazard commented
                Editing a comment
                That would be great 👍

• Aloner
                Aloner commented
                Editing a comment
                Agreed. Bud rot is weighing heavily on my mind as I'm getting further into flowering. I don't really have any way to protect my plants from the rain so any extra help as far as what to watch out for would be greatly appreciated.

• Tazard
                Tazard commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah mine too!!

I know growing outdoors you got to do everything you can to prevent mold ,it's hot and humid as hell, where I live. About all you can do is to keep them big ole buds separated from each other so they are not touching an pray for some cool Southern breezes, . It's kinda like work growing outdoors if you are taking it seriously, but lots of fun. Especially the snakes,mosquito. OJH has even seen Moose and Porkypines in his woods. All we got is white-tailed where I live and plenty of them.

Comment

• Aloner
                Aloner commented
                Editing a comment
                The scariest things around my plants are yellow jackets lol -- one of the benefits of growing on my roof! They're all over the place lately -- what's up with that?! It's like they're attracted to the smell. Other than that is squirrels. They dug in a couple of my pots a little bit so I made some screen covers that have kept 'em out. Also, it's usually pretty windy up there, so I got that going for me.

• oldjarhead100
                oldjarhead100 commented
                Editing a comment
                love my venison DAAS in fact theres 58 days till bow season opener between grows I will put out cameras ,(they have been logging out where I hunt alot hope I don't have to find a new area)hang stands .makes me smile thinking about it .

• Beach_Town_Brit
                Editing a comment
                Ahhh Venison, I salivate at the thought.
                Venison pies from the Women's Institute fair in Westbury-on-Trym, England ... If I got to choose a last meal, that would be it.
                Never had to hunt for it myself though I'm sure that adds a whole new dimension : )

I didnt get to clip them yesterday so I will take a few pictures of them . these I took yesterday but I will get some close ups today, if you look at the last picture you can see how much I've hacked her up. I know the first two need to be trimmed up but I've been leaving them alone when the neighbor is home they are the only people that can see them . in the second picture at the very top you can see a garden with white pvc tubes sticking up thats my squash garden I mow the lawn next door he lets me grow squash works for me. 4 years weve had this arrangement, he had new tenants move in and now theirs dog crap all over the place I asked nicely for her to pick it up. basically she told me to f o .so before I do anything like pick it all up and put it on there door step during the night i need to harvest the girls in the yard,they are supposed to be in a fenced in area so its a fine if she calls the cops

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                BEEEEYUTIFUL!!! You are some nature boy, Head.

ps: OJH, don't stumble and fall into her negative karma; it will rub off.
                Last edited by alltatup; 08-19-2017, 10:54 AM.

• oldjarhead100
                oldjarhead100 commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree alltatup but its very hard .there is not much that bothers me but that did took me 3 days to stop thinking about it lol

OJH when you said garden you really meant your garden didn't you. You did good ,a little braver than I am. Must be the Marine part. Don't let your neighbors get their way with all the dogsh-t stuff. Putting it on her steps sounds good.Pretty garden OJH. Bowseason starts in MS. on Oct 1 ,I'm just before putting my game cams back out.
              Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 08-19-2017, 10:55 AM.

Comment

this is bud rot the pictures are not the best but it starts off with a brown spot if you dont get it out it will take the whole bud I will take better pics when I cut them. Daas was in NH yesterday there bow season starts sept 15 I used to bow hunt but after I harvested a deer the last time I went though hell getting it checked in ,Game warden had to inspect it looking for gunshot wounds what a pain in the ass so now I only gun hunt it . the last pic is what walked in front one of my stands when I was hunting in NH Nov 7th Murphys law lol

Comment

• Aloner
                  Aloner commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That helps a lot, thanks! So just cut out the brown and you should be good?

• Tazard
                  Tazard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks so much for taking the time to get those photos. Much appreciated. Wow what a beautiful buck.

• Beach_Town_Brit
                  Editing a comment
                  Bud rot sucks, feel your pain. We even had some in SoCal last year. My buddy's been having good luck with SM90 treatments in the monkey cage this year.

Good deal OJH , yes obviously bud rot, it's not hard to tell with bud rot. Wow OJH that really is a nice whitetail buck.Heavy horns.Maybe he's still around for you.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                  oldjarhead100 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm hoping as far as I know no one else has seen or gotten him ,I hunt on public land so you never know lol

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X