No announcement yet.

Ten year plan finally done.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I topped the Serious Happy clone. It grew another set of leaves, so I topped it. I get to train this one myself, instead of starting two (2) weeks before the switch to twelve/ twelve (12/12).
    This is my first time doing the Kind super soil system, Your not suppose to water to runoff, The Coco Coir percolates different than Living Soil or even potting soil, it is harder to do than I thought it would be. The Coco Coir seems to absorb every drop of water until it saturates, then none of the water. I have to water very slowly, as soon as I get the top wet, I stop. In one (1) second it is flowing very fast out the bottom. Watering less and more often may be the trick, but I must get it wet down to the Kind soil on the bottom.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tricomes Critcal Mass.JPG
Views:	152
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	122602Click image for larger version

Name:	Tricomes Seriously Happy tricomes.JPG
Views:	140
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	122603 The Buds are getting big and frosty.

Comment

And on the VEG side on the room the Seriously Happy top I cloned, forked. Click image for larger version

Name:	Clone Forked.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	220.2 KB
ID:	122607Click image for larger version

Name:	Clone in Training.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	212.2 KB
ID:	122608 Let the training begin!

Comment

My clone really likes Kind Soil, and is tying to train.

Comment

• Aloner
            Aloner commented
            Editing a comment
            That Kind Soil is good stuff!

This is my first try with Kind Soil, so far I really like it. When I first transplanted it I got some yellowing at the tips, it was pale from living off jiffy pot potting soil. I thought the roots couldn't have the Kind Soil yet, I thought it was Nitrogen starved, so I gave it half strength nutes. In reality it was nute burn, so I made it worse. The nutrients in the Kind Soil must soak into the Coco Coir by capillary action up to the plant. It lived and looks good except a burned leaf.

Comment

• Aloner
            Aloner commented
            Editing a comment
            Every once in a while I might get a leaf or two where just the tiniest bit of the very tip of one or more fingers get burned but so far nothing beyond that. I love it! After more grows maybe I'll try something else (DWC?) but for my first few grows, at least, I wouldn't do it any other way. I feel like it's letting me concentrate on getting to know the plants and how they grow, and issues like pests, without having to worry about feeding schedules and the like.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Plants_8-5-17.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	123872Click image for larger version

Name:	Tent_8-5-17.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	2.64 MB
ID:	123873Click image for larger version

Name:	Bag Seed _8-5-17.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	2.39 MB
ID:	123876 My wife got me a new phone, it takes better pictures. Here are some random plant pictures. Click image for larger version

Name:	Bag Seed _8-5-17.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	2.39 MB
ID:	123869Click image for larger version

Name:	Crital Mass bud.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	123870Click image for larger version

Name:	Critical Mass_8-5-17.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	2.04 MB
ID:	123871
          Attached Files

Comment

• Aloner
            Aloner commented
            Editing a comment
            Very nice! How long do you reckon until harvest?

I'm thinking about two (2) to four (4) weeks. What do you think? If you can tell from the picture, I'm still trying to get the hang of phone cameras. The trichomes are just starting to get cloudy, no amber at all.Click image for larger version

Name:	Loupe Shot.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	2.43 MB
ID:	123912

Comment

• Aloner
            Aloner commented
            Editing a comment
            I have no practical experience (I'm on my first grow) but from what info I've picked up here I would agree, you have at least a couple more weeks to go -- and probably more. I'd wager that however long it takes, it's going to feel even longer lol!

• Sheesh
            Sheesh commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree, at least 2 and probably more like 4 weeks based on my few grows and what I've seen and read. My buds usually have around 80% of the pistils brown / red and curled back in towards the bud before they are ready to harvest. I see lots of white pistils standing tall in these pictures so start checking the trichomes every day about two weeks from now. Think about flush too, if you are planning one. Best case is to start a 7-10 day flush just when you hit the harvest window.

There are still green flowerets unopened and more still forming. The buds get fatter every day, so my patience will be rewarded. I like a two (2) week flush just using PHed water. But if I see a lot of amber trichomes, I harvest. I check the plants every day a couple times, for soil condition, structural issues (heavy buds falling over) and Trichome maturity, not to mention the just random visits to just stand and grin.

Comment

The clone I made from the Seriously Happy top, has had it's second topping, and probably the last. Click image for larger version

Name:	Clone second topping.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	2.25 MB
ID:	124111

Comment

The clone responded well to the second topping. Click image for larger version

Name:	Second Topping responce.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	124727Click image for larger version

Name:	Second topping responce 1.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	2.25 MB
ID:	124728

Comment

I wish I found this thread earlier Charlie a very nice grow going on up there in AK . Defenatly hitting the subscribe button . Good luck and enjoy the harvest ..
                Oh also Alltatup recommended a phone app its Supervision+ works great for closeup pics and a free app . No adds or bullshit on it .

​​
                Currently use 2 gal bubbleponics tank
                Using 150 Watt HPS
                Trying 300 watt LED
                General Hydro Nutes ,reg and organic
                Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

Thanks Medman, and thanks Alltatup for the heads up. It looks like Serious happy is sprinting for the finish, it has white trichomes with still no amber on the top bud. the others Critical Mass and Bag Seed are starting to get milky, but I believe Seriously Happy will be upside down first.

Comment

It was second defoliation time. When I first topped the clone it went to three (3) forks instead of two (2). As you can understand the second topping resulted in six (6) forks instead of the four (4) and the third topping resulted in twelve(12) forks, four (4) over what I'm used to, but it also started putting random stalks along the trained arms. I've run branches every direction I can. They are starting to over lap. I may have to select the most promising one (1) of two (2) in a couple places.
                    Attached Files

Comment

So far the limbs have had enough room grow, with a little guidance. I'm happy with the symmetry so far, but I have defiantly topped for the time. Click image for larger version

Name:	Third day after defoilation.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	126553
                      Attached Files

Comment

I don't know if the bag seed plant was an 'auto' or not. But I do know it was fine when I went to bed, in the morning it was wilted a little. I checked the soil it was not really dry enough to water, but I gave it enough water to cause run off. At supper it was completely shriveled, so I cut it down, hung it up and cut off the shriveled leaves.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Aloner
                          Aloner commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Weird! I wonder why that happened...

• Charlie
                          Charlie commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Some vegetables I grow (like corn, but also field peas and some tomatoes are "Determinate") which means they grow for all their worth for there genetically determined life span and die. It's good farmers that want to pick their whole crop in a short period of time instead a little every day. Mostly commercial farmers or if you are putting a lot away for winter. The origin of these plants are unknown to me, I do know the now deceased Bag Seed plant has been cultivated for several plant generations to produce a short, not aromatic plant for a stealth grow in the Midwest. My daughter (a professional biologist) thinks it could be an Auto, another term for a "determinate"

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X