How to Optimize a Clone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Optimize a Clone?

I just topped my WW a while ago to see if I can succeed with a clone. I cut it with a sharp, sterilized hobby knife at 45 degrees, put a good dab of rooting powder on it, scarified the stem a bit, and buried it 2 nodes deep in an organic soil mix using fish compost with lots of perlite for good soil aeration. It's now in my grow room behind a tinfoil curtain, not completely in the dark, to let it catch its breath for a few days. It's not put in perfectly upright, but anyway...

Is there anything I can do to optimize my chances of success with it?

Make sure the humidity is up there, 65%-70%. Temp about 75-80. As soon as I did that, AgroMark seed starter kit w/ heat mat, my results w/seeds and clones has gotten a LOT better. It's in the nursery tent along with some older seedlings. All works great!! Good luck!!!! Batman

Comment

needs some sort of dome on top to keep the humidity high as it can't drink water with no roots. Leaves will need to be misted with a spray bottle at least a couple of times a day
      Completed auto grows 2
      Known strains grown:
      Afghan Kush Ryder

2x4 Gorilla tent
      600W HPS
      Coco
      GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Sugar Cane version).

Grows using this setup: 1
      Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Current grows:
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Previous grows:
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow

Comment

• flytier
        flytier commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I have a dome on it; just neglected to mention it in my post.

I use the bottom of a 2 liter bottle. Or a piece of plastic over whatever it's in depending. Keeps the humidity up till the roots can form. Works great.

Comment

like oz said I spray/mist mine with clonex at least 3 times a day it takes about 14 days to develop roots. I have a plant starting tray with 9 packs (root riots fit better) ,six pack plastic trays will work .with a tall dome over it . I do just what you said . my last batch of clones is ready to be transplanted today. the first pic is off transplanted clones from 16 days ago. I had to top them yesterday and the second is of a clone that's roots grew out of the gallon pot it is 14 days old and just amazing Yes I am bragging lol
        argo max tent ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . current grow gorilla glue 14th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s

Comment

• flytier
          flytier commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey, if ya got it, flaunt it!

• Charlie
          Charlie commented
          Editing a comment
          It ain't if it's true. Yogi Berra

Thanks a lot guys. The temp and humidity are both up there for it; I just don't have any of the starter stuff except for the rooting powder. Is it normal for it to get a bit of wilting at first? I checked in on it this morning and there was some going on. I'll have a better look when I get home from work.

Comment

I've never cloned what your growing, but no.

Comment

you will get some wilting but should perk up after spraying them down
            argo max tent ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . current grow gorilla glue 14th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s

Comment

Actually, I got home a while ago, and when I checked in on her, she was perked up again. So far it seems to be going pretty good I guess. The branches on the mother plant are liking the extra light too; they've raised up already. I may end up with a half decent first harvest eventually.

Comment

you'll be smiling

Comment

• flytier
                  flytier commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sooner or later; maybe later. I woke up this morning and it was really wilted. I left the curtain off it last night. I took off the largest leaves on the bottom and shaded it again, but I don't have high hopes. That being said, stranger things have happened, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. Maybe I'll try another one today. I'm going out to buy some vermiculite in a few minutes so I'll add that in for good measure. Yup, the trials and tribulations of learning.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X