First time grow -- Northern Light

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 76

One week and a couple days later, the tape comes off. Ladies and gentlemen... we have knuckle!
    My first grow
    Nirvana ♀ Northern Light photo
    Outdoors
    Kind Soil/Roots Organic Original
    5 gal. Smart Pots

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Whatta kuckle!!

Beautiful and you are going to love this girl! Nice work!
    Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
    Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
    GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
    photoperiod feminized seeds
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Comment

MJ is one tough ass plant !!!

Comment

• Aloner
        Aloner commented
        Editing a comment
        You got that right!

• Tika
        Tika commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah she is..forgiving

• Aloner
        Aloner commented
        Editing a comment
        Tika, very true also. So grateful!

Day 82

Nothing much to report, everyone seems to be flourishing. Heights are A 30.5" B 20" (bent over) C 36.5" D 23.5" E 38.5"

C+E were getting very close to the top of the fence -- even with the extension -- and if there's any flowering stretch (though NL supposedly doesn't stretch that much) they'll easily clear it. As a precaution, I bent them over this morning like I did B. It seems to have gone according to plan, though I hated to do it since they were both pretty much the perfect xmas tree shape.

Had some leaf miner damage, nothing serious, so cut that all off and sprayed with spinosad on Sunday.
      My first grow
      Outdoors
      5 gal. Smart Pots

Comment

• Aloner
        Aloner commented
        Editing a comment
        Part of the restriction is they can't be visible from a public space. There's a house across the street with windows about level with our roof area and while a house isn't "public" I don't want to argue the definition with an officer of the law. (They would also have to be using binoculars to ID it from there but I don't want to gamble.) Also, don't want the neighbors knowing that I'm growing.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Aloner, you are a good citizen, and you're keeping your plants safe!!

• Aloner
        Aloner commented
        Editing a comment
        I figure I might as well follow the rules (most of 'em, anyway) since they went to the trouble to make it legal and everything. As this grow progresses, I'm getting more paranoid that someone's gonna snatch one or more of them. Trying to keep that in check though -- it is a locked building with security cameras around after all. Not relishing the thought of going to the cops to complain that "someone stole my cannabis plants", the mere thought of that is surreal after a lifetime spent under Prohibition!

Sounds like they are doing fine ,

Comment

• Aloner
        Aloner commented
        Editing a comment
        Definitely. With less and less daylight, the flowering switch should be coming up soon; maybe I'm seeing things but it looks like they're gearing up for it.

Your doing a good job ,just keep a close eye on your plants and on your camera recordings , some slow growing weather don't help either, they will get there before long,,, I bet your next seed purchases will have some autos, in the batch. You would be harvesting now. Oh well ,always next time.

Comment

• Aloner
        Aloner commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha! So right about the autos! I have my next order put together -- I'm just waiting for the Bitcoins to hit my account -- and it's a mix of autos and photos. I actually think the handful of cooler, rainy days we've had over the last couple weeks have been helping rather than hindering their progress. There always seems to be an explosion of growth afterwards.

The company we were expecting today had to cancel so I may get the tent put together this afternoon. Can't wait!

Day 86

The two recently bent plants are awfully droopy (one more than the other), I'm hoping it's because it's been grey, rainy, and cool the last few days and they've just gotten too much water. Unfortunately no sun in the forecast until maybe late afternoon. At least tomorrow is supposed to be warm sunny and no more rain in the forecast until Saturday (except a minimal chance of a brief shower around lunchtime today).

Pretty much all of my plants had been showing signs over the last week that I took to mean they were very near flowering and, as of this weekend, some have proven me correct. So far my A plant (first seed to pop, was stunted early on and is still the least substantial overall) and D (topped twice, short and bushy) are pretty clearly in early flowering. The other three (all bent over -- I imagine that affected their maturation) are lagging behind but have been showing the same signs the others did.

My first grow
      Outdoors
      5 gal. Smart Pots

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Hooray for pistils! Hope the bent over ones improve!

I am an idiot.

This evening I notice one of my healthy plants is starting to droop just a teeny bit. I think what that usually makes me think: "Looks like someone needs a drink of water!" I go over and lift the pot and, yep, it's getting light.

That's when the lightbulb goes on over my head.

I hadn't been lifting the pots with the bent plants in them because I didn't want to jostle them while they were healing, I was only checking the soil, and since there had been some rain lately, it was damp. I carefully lift both pots and oh boy are they light, and only slightly damp at the top. So they got plenty water and lots of apologies; hopefully there will be a quick rebound and I didn't stress them too much just as they're about to flower.

You can all form a line over there to give me a slap.
      My first grow
      Outdoors
      5 gal. Smart Pots

Comment

• Tika
        Tika commented
        Editing a comment
        Not an idiot!
        Always I went with one knuckle deep concept in coco needing to feed...that's an idiot!
        Ever so slowly we learn to watch the plant. The best part is that you saw! That is now etched in stone.
        Out doors seems to be more of a challenge to me other than risking it with a few plants....may do one.
        That light going off...I call a BULLFROG moment ..when I figured out what that really ment at ..uh...61 yrs old.
        Takeabreak darlin

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        NOT AN IDIOT!! Your assumption was a perfectly reasonable one. I'm glad that you figured it out!!!

• Aloner
        Aloner commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh yeah, 180° turnaround from last night. I'd say I won't make that mistake again but I'd hate to limit myself.

I love these plants!!!!

Day 89

Everyone's throwing pistils left and right and soaking up water like there's no tomorrow!

Pictures are of A (the one I stunted and the only plant short enough to not have gotten bent), D+B (the only topped one + first one to be bent), and C+E (both were bent one week ago). The last pic is of a hitchhiker I picked up while tending to my plants. I had been back inside for at least 15 minutes before I noticed him out of my peripheral vision (I put him back with the plants -- I need all the help I can get!).

Only 2 months+ to go!

Also, got an order in with Seedsman today. I went a little overboard considering I'm planning on only growing one or two plants at time. I over-ordered not even counting all the freebies they threw in (my order more than doubled!). I'll be set for quite a while.
      My first grow
      Outdoors
      5 gal. Smart Pots

Comment

• Aloner
        Aloner commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm really going to miss it when I shift indoors after this grow : (

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        You'll be back outside in no time!!

• Aloner
        Aloner commented
        Editing a comment
        Already been thinking, "Next year I could keep a mother outside and flower the clones in the tent..."

Boy they are looking good, they are fun to watch now , they are fixing to do their thing bigly.

Comment

• Aloner
        Aloner commented
        Editing a comment
        They really are...

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X