Best inline garden hose filter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best inline garden hose filter?

I have hard water and I can't afford RO or 50 gal. a week water delivery bill, so I'm stuck using the best inline garden hose filter.
    Here are some examples:

At Pacific Sands, Inc. we manufacture household and commercial cleaners and spa chemicals that work as well or better than the big national brands, but are eco-friendly, biodegradable, and healthy for you and your family.

What I would like to know is if anyone has had any experience with these types of filters. I'm kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place I know, and I appreciate any help!

I'd be interested in finding out as well.

My tap water literally tastes like pool water (no exaggeration) and the PH out of my tap is 8.6 !!

As a result, I've committed to using distilled water purchased from the local grocery store (at 90 cents a gallon) until I can research some alternatives.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnC View Post
      I'd be interested in finding out as well.

My tap water literally tastes like pool water (no exaggeration) and the PH out of my tap is 8.6 !!

As a result, I've committed to using distilled water purchased from the local grocery store (at 90 cents a gallon) until I can research some alternatives.
      Hey JohnC, I think that this post could help a lot of folks, I can't be the only one in this position.

Comment

hello everybody. i'm still planning/setting up my first grow and one of my bigger little worries is how much chlorine is in my tap water. like you can smell
        "i try to play the ball not the opponent."--Roger Federer

Comment

I think you could find a decent RO filter for not much more than one of those garden hose filters. You could try buying a used RO filter and just replace the membrane, carbon and sediment filters.

Comment

180 or so on amazon for ro. well worth it if you have hard water...until you find out what ppm is of your water because it could have too much of one thing and not another.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X