Hope I'm doing this right!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope I'm doing this right!!!

First grow and having all kinds of fun. Have seen a little in nute deficiency but I think I got that figured out. Thought I could check the ph of the well water in the beginning and go from there- Big mistake - didnt realize my well ph would fluctuate so much. Using my ph meter from work on every gallon I use now. Anyway if the pix upload plant on the left is a white widow with Canuk King Tut on the right. Using Fox Farms soil and FF Veg nutes and Bloom Nutes under 2 600W MarsHydro LEDS (about 290W each at the wall I think) The Widow was planted late Feb, the 1st 2 King Tuts didnt make it so this one was planted late march. Just switched to 12/12 yesterday and did some extra LST tonight to pull everything down level. The room is about 10' square root cellar - need to paint brighter white walls before next grow though. Any comment would be appreciated

Hey facspro, welcome to the forum!!! Your plants look great!

I suggest that you go over to GWE and read about defoliation, but read carefully cuz you don't want to over-do it!!!!

Controversial defoliation can increase your yields dramatically indoors... but removing leaves is for advanced growers only! When done wrong, defoliation can kill your plants!
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Thanks alltatup-- GWE has been my source of all info used to prepare for this grow and I am constantly reading tutorials over and over. Driving the wife crazy constantly buried in the site. I went back and reread the defoliation topic and gave the girls a trim- afraid to overdo it after switching to flower. but I'm going to trim a little every couple days for a while. Posting a couple more pix looking down on them. Also a couple of the grow room-- can do alot more with this place- adding another fan tomorrow. Got a small heater, humidifier and de-humidifier to keep things cozy. keeping it at 80*F and 60%RH-- dropped humidity from 75-80% when switched to flowering

Looking at the pix it doesnt look like I hardy touched them but you should have seen the pile of trimmings!! I'll keep adding pix as time goes
      Last edited by facs_grow; 05-03-2017, 11:15 PM.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        My girls are in the flower stage now, and sometimes I have to sit there and observe for quite a while so I can figure out where to snip. Only on my third grow, so still learning the art of defoliation!!

Just gently remind your wife that you're in the process of becoming a master grower, which takes serious study!! ;-}

Entering fourth week of flower - actually 3rd -1st week doesn't count! 2days in I had an electrical issue and when I got it fixed on day 4 I accidentally flipped my timer to override - by the time I realized it the lights had been on for about 84 straight hours- so I'm not counting the first week! Girls are looking pretty good- white widow has a ton of budlets - king tut seems to be lagging behind a little. I've been doing some defoliation a little at a time with a few days recovery in between. Going to wait a few more days then get rid of some of the larfy stems underneath. Week 5 i will be gone for 5 days so I'm going to run a hose from the dehumidifier to each plant just to make sure they are getting some moisture while I'm gone, I'll give them a heavy soaking right before lights out the night I leave. heres some more pics

Comment

Hello facs, Good job, and PH is very important! Looks like you are also doing all of your homework very smart, GWE is the place to learn. You are gonna do great. DAAS69
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X