Promote stretching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Promote stretching

Could you promote stretching a little by moving lights a little further away for a day or so? I have a purple kush auto that is 4 and a half weeks. This is my first auto so I didn't want to try a main line but I did top at the 5th and trimmed bottom nodes to have 8 mains. Its going along nice but its hard tying down or even using hooks with new nodes coming in everywhere so close together. So back to my question. Should I try to move the lights? Or should I just fight through it to have tight nodes? I'm sure it will hit the flower stretch soon. But it won't be much of a stretch I'm sure. Any help appreciated.

Yes, you can move them up a few inches
    #TeamAutoMechanics

Previous grow journals:
    Pure Power Plant and Blue Mystic + Freebies
    Girl Scout Cookies and Gorilla Glue (AutoMechanics Grow Thread)

Grow Room Video: https://vimeo.com/218651917

Comment

Sweet. I didn't know if it would be a good idea to or not. I appreciate it.

Comment

My two cents. I'm not sure if what I did during veg made it happen or if the way my plant looks is just natural but what I did is...focus jeg! Try again. I had my overhead lights in the beginning and only room for one dangler. I constantly revolved my plant like a clock to try and pull lower stems/stalks(branches) over and out towards the side light. Kind of the same thing. I think it worked but I'm also brand new so like I said just my two cents.

Comment

That's a good idea. I have pretty good coverage with my plant centered out. Still be worth a shot. I appreciate it.

Comment

Im growing gorilla glue right now and it won't bend it snaps so what I did was hang some fishing weight 1 to 6 oz and they slowly spread out if you move the light up the plants will stretch .what kind of light/setup do you have, a picture would be nice
            new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
            current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Jeg
              Jeg commented
              Editing a comment
              Great idea, thanks. I had wondered if that might work

• PuravidaC
              PuravidaC commented
              Editing a comment
              Would love to hear how your Gorilla Glue grow went, yield and smoked. That is at the top of my list for next grow. Which do you like better, Gorilla Glue or THC Bomb? I'm trying to decide...

• Jacuna94
              Jacuna94 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm not having a problem with mine snapping. I was having a problem with having my nodes so close that I couldn't tie anywhere cause of all the nodes. There's really no need a picture so I'm not gonna waste the time on it. Good idea though btw.

I tried raising my lights a little this grow when I switched to flower. Seemed to help. I lowered lights after first three weeks of flower strech. Current grow is not an auto...
            DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
            315 LEC
            6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
            6" Carbon filter
            3- 6" fans
            humidifier
            temp and humidity gauge
            5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
            FF trio nutrients

Comment

Glad you asked this was just wondering the same!! Happy growing!!
              FusionHut 5x5x6.5, Mars II LED 900W (veg/bloom modes), 4" Fusion Breath inline fan w/ carbon filter
              Coco/Perlite 70/30 "ish" in 5 gall fabric pots, GH Trio+CaliMagic+GrowTec PH Up/Down, PH test drops
              2x6" clip on fans, 1x8" desk fan, 1x12" oscillating fan

Comment

Thank you for the help everybody. I raised my light a little. Still not much stretching. I guess I will have to fight through all the nodes lol.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X