defoliation & autoflower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

defoliation & autoflower

An easy question. Should you defoliate autos at any time? I know that trying to train autos using any kind of cutting is not recommended. I'm just looking at my Backjack photoperiod that I've constantly defoliated. I'm about 5 weeks until harvest. I was just wondering if I can do that with autos?

Some say yes, unless the leaves are blocking bud sites I prefer not to.the less stress the better with autos.lol

Comment

I say yes, cuz I've been doing the cutting. First haircut was 19 days out of the soil, last sunday. Pic of the single plant is the one on the right, 3 days later.
      Attached Files
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I do it as a matter of course. Mainly the fingerleaves blocking bud sites and any that are below the usable light line.
        It's not how crazy I am, but how much I enjoy it that makes me dangerous.

Coco/Perlite 60/40, GH Nutrients and Calimagic, 5 Gal Fabric pots
        Germination lights 2 30watt LEDS
        Veg and Flowering 1 600 Watt GalaxyHydro LED

Completed Grows. 1 Photoperiod and 2 Autos

Current Grows: 1 mystery Auto 71 days, 1 White Widow Auto 62 days, 1 Amnesia Auto 62 days

Comment

i find my autos thrive under defoliation. My feeling is that today's autos are hardier than their predecessors and perhaps the old "rules" can be rewritten.
          Sand, sea, sun, sausages, and sinsemilla.

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.

-Rita Mae Brown

My Small Tent, Monthly Harvest, Perpetual Auto Grow

My IG

Comment

I've been defoliating my autos, first time grower... I try to only take one of a pair of fans and any lower ones that are in shade. Mine bounce back within 12hrs and have crazy new growth. I'm also trying LST though so sometimes they just gotta get outta my way hahaha
            FusionHut 5x5x6.5, Mars II LED 900W (veg/bloom modes), 4" Fusion Breath inline fan w/ carbon filter
            Coco/Perlite 70/30 "ish" in 5 gall fabric pots, GH Trio+CaliMagic+GrowTec PH Up/Down, PH test drops
            2x6" clip on fans, 1x8" desk fan, 1x12" oscillating fan

Comment

thanks everbody. I think I'll start two autos of Afghan Mass in about a month. One is going to completely "hands off" and the other will be defoliated. I'll post pics when I get it started,

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X