pH issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pH issues

4 week old plants, 5+nodes, looking&;smelling good but have noticed lower leaves getting pale. Under 125 watt LEDs@24". All plants look healthy but one is lighter green than sisters (same strain) and all showing pale lower leaves. Been trying to raise oH for a week. Medium= sphagnum peat moss, coir, perlite, feather meal, bone meal, blood meal, and worm castings. Started with pH6.2 in water with 5.7 return. Raised pH in a half point (.5) each watering. Up to 7.7 in now and still get 5.7 return (drain off). Should I continue raising pH in till it balances out? Dropping 2 full points sounds like a lot. Any suggestions appreciated, thanks.

i'm in a heavy moss media and shoot for a ph of 5.8- 6.2. moss is considered soil-less.

Comment

i would have to water my plants with 3-4 gallons of water to even stat to run out of the bottom in a 12 gallon fabric pot. i never check run off. only because i can't as nothing ever runs out

Comment

Have you thought about transplanting to a bigger pot. You may be getting root bound.
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

I think Mr. Furley is right transplant them into bigger pots .solo cups are great starters but the girls grow so fast they are to small after a week as soon as they show roots though the root riots I plant in a one gal pot and sometimes there to small. the plant in the photo is 14 days in coco/perlite feed with ageoldgrow and voodoojuice . I made the mistake of using grow medium to level off the table lol. If your ph is right going in and off coming out their is something in the root zone thats doing it . I would not go above 7 in dirt no matter what the runoff is
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

I had root ph issues this grow too. I just kept watering with higher ph (not above 7) and run off did adjust to acceptable levels. You said you have been trying to adjust for a week, how often are you watering?
            DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
            315 LEC
            6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
            6" Carbon filter
            3- 6" fans
            humidifier
            temp and humidity gauge
            5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
            FF trio nutrients

Comment

On average about every 3 days. Drain off has no smell, and only one plant out of four is pale all over but mostly older growth.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X