315 growers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

315 growers

I just got my 315 a week ago and must expand my grow space for more height before I can start using it but got no growing info with light and can't find answers online. Got a couple of questions for folks that have been using 315's. With seedings and early veg, do you turn down the ballast power and how far from seedlings do you keep lights? I have been using CFL's so light burn has never been a concern before but now...
    DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
    315 LEC
    6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
    6" Carbon filter
    3- 6" fans
    humidifier
    temp and humidity gauge
    5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
    FF trio nutrients

I think Green75 has a 315 dude......get him in hereπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    The more I know, the better I grow.

Comment

I am not able to turn down my ballast..nor would i...
      18" away or more if you want for seedlings....once they get growing good I gradually lower my light...I've had it 12" from canopy before...just depends on ambient conditions...and each strain....but my first grow with it I kept it mandatory 18" away the whole grow...had great results!! So each their own...

Mine is a sun system...built in ballast...plug n play..I really like it...I'm running the 4k bulb from growers choice the whole grow...

Comment

• PuravidaC
        PuravidaC commented
        Editing a comment
        I know you were testing different bulbs so you decided on the 4k for entire grow and not the 3k? Have you tested your "finishing" bulb yet? Is that a 10k?

• PuravidaC
        PuravidaC commented
        Editing a comment
        I got a Sun System remote hood with a Galaxy ballast. I like having the remote ballast and the Sun System hood box recommends the Galaxy ballast. It comes with a dial to turn down power as much as 50%. My local hydro store had the same set up and so I looked online and got a good price. Buying plug and play directly from Sun System was $150 more so I'm a happy camper! Now if I can just finish this grow so I can expand and set up new light!!! Thanks for the info

• Green75
        Green75 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes I used it on the last two weeks of the low rider 2 grow...

It was nice...!!!!!!

Green gave me the same advice when I got my 315 about 5 or 6 weeks ago & he's right. I keep my seedling under cfls for the first 3 days & then they go under the lec @ 18 inches & they love it. Only problem I've had with my light is I can't get the dang bulb out to change it. Anyone else find it super hard to get the bulb out?

Comment

• PuravidaC
        PuravidaC commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Ginger, didn't know you had been converted to 315 too! We got a lot of folks here that have made the switch!

• rwdyredhead
        rwdyredhead commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, I'm in the convert club! I've been super busy since I got it so haven't posted much but I love it. Got some autos in flower under it so I'll try to get some pics up.

• PuravidaC
        PuravidaC commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm assuming everyone knows not to touch bulb with bare hands when installing and changing bulbs. Oils from your skin is really bad news for bulbs!

Originally posted by PuravidaC View Post
      I just got my 315 a week ago and must expand my grow space for more height before I can start using it but got no growing info with light and can't find answers online. Got a couple of questions for folks that have been using 315's. With seedings and early veg, do you turn down the ballast power and how far from seedlings do you keep lights? I have been using CFL's so light burn has never been a concern before but now...
      Just keep using cfl's for the babies and 12-18" for older plants.
      Team AutoMechanics

Comment

• PuravidaC
        PuravidaC commented
        Editing a comment
        I have had great results with CFL's during veg but as we know, they don't penetrate as well for flower.

Originally posted by Vapo69 View Post
      Mine Is so close I can almost touch it lol.......can't afford a sun systems though....gonna have to go with maxibrightπŸ˜€πŸ˜€
      Someone (puravidac??) had found a way to buy the different parts separately for about $350 online...
      x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

• PuravidaC
        PuravidaC commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, that was me. I wanted a remote ballast for my set up and local hydro store had the remote as a display. Growers House website had the best price and a 10% sale so I pulled the trigger even though I have to expand grow space before I can use the light. Talk about putting the cart before the horse!!! πŸ˜†

• Sonnyhad
        Sonnyhad commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh the pains we take to be farmers of Medicine!

Originally posted by rwdyredhead View Post
      Green gave me the same advice when I got my 315 about 5 or 6 weeks ago & he's right. I keep my seedling under cfls for the first 3 days & then they go under the lec @ 18 inches & they love it. Only problem I've had with my light is I can't get the dang bulb out to change it. Anyone else find it super hard to get the bulb out?
      I had to take the bulb out of mine and it wasn't to bad, just make sure you have gloves on and grab it by the base and give it a turn.
      Team AutoMechanics

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyAcres View Post
        Someone (puravidac??) had found a way to buy the different parts separately for about $350 online...
        I bought the sun systems fixture too but noticed on the tag that there is a Chinese patent as well on it, then I came across another fixture that looks almost identical. Hydrofarm is the name I think. That reflector on the sun systems is the shit! And this other one looks the same. I will see if I can find it and post a link.
        Team AutoMechanics

Comment

• Sonnyhad
          Sonnyhad commented
          Editing a comment
          PuravidaC, thats funny I was thinking that it would be better, like having 5 bulbs! When you think its the bulb filament that gives off the color spectrum it makes more sense to me, but that's just how im thinking, not an educated opinion at all. I could be wrong! lol

• PuravidaC
          PuravidaC commented
          Editing a comment
          Sonnyhad, makes total sense to me too but everything I've read says that a mirror does not reflect near as much light as you would think. Flat white paint is higher. I don't have a tent but from all the photos I've seen they have a "dimpled" surface. I'm still trying to figure out how to be a simple weed farmer!!!

• Green75
          Green75 commented
          Editing a comment
          The hood on the sun system is superior...I've read on it..can't remember where tho...dimpled noooooo

Originally posted by Sonnyhad View Post

I bought the sun systems fixture too but noticed on the tag that there is a Chinese patent as well on it, then I came across another fixture that looks almost identical. Hydrofarm is the name I think. That reflector on the sun systems is the shit! And this other one looks the same. I will see if I can find it and post a link.
        It was a hydroplanet cmh 315 on Amazon for 250. And the bulb for 55 so for 300 and some change you're set. This fixture could have a different ballast but for the price if it goes, you are still less money spent. Just take note of the reflector on the sun systems, that's what you want.
        Team AutoMechanics

Comment

I've found them lowest @ Β£219 with a Euro reflector, I'm saving up for the better reflector @ Β£249 with Argo lampπŸ˜‚
          The more I know, the better I grow.

Comment

Originally posted by PuravidaC View Post
            Talk about putting the cart before the horse!!! πŸ˜†
            thats what I'm all about! πŸ˜…

x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

What a great thread, subscribed!

Comment

I have a 1000hps and I never really worried about how high it was from the plants then I read Nebulas tutorial on Lighting(several times takes awile for us old farts to get it lol). but I purchased a light meter and now I adjust light so that all my colas are getting between 40 and 85,000 luxs. what a difference it has made. I suggest reading it.
                new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
                current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• PuravidaC
                  PuravidaC commented
                  Editing a comment
                  From one Old Fart to another...thanks for the tip!

• Sonnyhad
                  Sonnyhad commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Old farts club!!

I just contacted Growers choice the 3K bulb is a full phase flower bulb... the 4K is a full phase veg bulb...the 10K is for the last two weeks of flower before Harvest...

So there you go...

Comment

Just throwing this out there for anyone living near Portland Oregon, VM Garden Center on se 82nd (there's another store across the river in Vancouver,WA aka the couv) is still running their lec sale, lec315 with bulb ballast and hood(the good kind sun system!) for $355!!! Told yesterday they're running the sale till the end of the month "or forever". Told the same thing last month! I assume they can ship the suckers but shipping costs might not add up. Got me one already and planning on getting two more soon as the budget boss gives me the green light! Come on budget boss you know it's for a good cause!!!

Comment

• Green75
                    Green75 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What time is dinner...

• LuckyAcres
                    LuckyAcres commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I was afraid you'd never ask!!! There's actually one of the best Mexican joint in town a block away

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X