Warning to all new growers!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warning to all new growers!!!

This is just a post that I hope some new growers will read and use the information given, a small point of information that I feel, overlooked, could be as annoying to other new growers as it is to me, right now!!!
    ​​​​​​Dear new growers, please take the time to research the strains you are growing, and take into account the height your plants will grow to, don't choose by name, like me, or you could end up in trouble, like me.........the heights of strains differ wildly as you can see below.
    The small plant is white widow auto and the big one is Onyx auto, I resorted to supercropping the main stem of the Onyx but she stood back up stronger than before?!! I supercropped again out of desperation but it's not good enough as you can see, I know this stuff is exiting people but take a minute to read the specs and you won't end up like me
    The more I know, the better I grow.

Good advise and also shows how two lights in a given space is better than one big one!
    It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

• Vapo69
      Vapo69 commented
      Editing a comment
      They are double already mate, I could get about 1-2" with a cable tie but I think she has stopped growing up now dude....Thanks though mate

• Beach_Town_Brit
      Beach_Town_Brit commented
      Editing a comment
      I replaced the little hanging clips on my lights with cable ties, gave me one more inch of height.
      Curse those lanky sativas.

• Vapo69
      Vapo69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Curse them indeed!!!!😀

Next time tie down the suppercropped branch so it heals in an angle instead of getting straight again

Comment

• Vapo69
      Vapo69 commented
      Editing a comment
      I did have it taped up coz I split the stem........didn't know it would stand back up cause it looked so weak and floppy.......lesson learned thanks dude

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      To fill the pots radius I let the branches grow upwards the distance to the edges and an inch more so when I twist and fold I secure them in place with an open paper clip holding the branch tied to the edge of the pot. After a week or so after it healed and its hard again I Leto go. It will rise a little overtime but the shape of the branches end up like a "Y" instead it like a "T" giving you space around the pot to water and for air to come in. Once the plant gets heavy all the branches will stay on place. Good luck

• Vapo69
      Vapo69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Cheers fingers.....I will try that next time

Thanks Vapo69, this is great advice actually. Wasn't something I had encountered while researching but started noticing plant heights when I was ordering seeds and then realized there was quite a difference!!!! Good example you have there! Aside from the height problem hope the rest goes well for you!!!!!
    FusionHut 5x5x6.5, Mars II LED 900W (veg/bloom modes), 4" Fusion Breath inline fan w/ carbon filter
    Coco/Perlite 70/30 "ish" in 5 gall fabric pots, GH Trio+CaliMagic+GrowTec PH Up/Down, PH test drops
    2x6" clip on fans, 1x8" desk fan, 1x12" oscillating fan

Comment

• Vapo69
      Vapo69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks dude....glad it helped

WOW, what a difference! Next time LST at the very least my man. I have to say I've never seen an auto get that tall before. What's your plan for the Onyx now?
    Fast Buds GSC & Green Crack Auto's

Veg:
    4x4x6 - 7-gal Smart Pots - Coco/Perlite - 4 300w LED's - Flora Trio + CalMag

Bloom: 4x4x6 - 7-gal Smart Pots - Coco/Perlite - 4 300w LEDs - Flora Trio + CalMag & Superbloom

“…marijuana is one of the safest, therapeutically active substances known to man.” – Judge Francis Young (DEA)

Comment

Dood that's huge! Now I want one!
    Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• Vapo69
      Vapo69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Got her from seedsman dude

• Beach_Town_Brit
      Beach_Town_Brit commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree, that's some pretty amazing growth for an auto.

Two strains, one light., and a couple milk crates.
    Attached Files
    SSD

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170302_080801.jpg
Views:	606
Size:	11.08 MB
ID:	73277 multiple strains 1 light. Click image for larger version

Name:	20170309_183709.jpg
Views:	628
Size:	6.08 MB
ID:	73278 March 2nd, same strain, 1 in 2gal air pot other is in 3gal fab pot. Click image for larger version

Name:	20170329_055734.jpg
Views:	568
Size:	7.68 MB
ID:	73279 today, 2 wks of extreme LST and 2 leaf defo. Same 2 plants, tomorrow they are 8 wks. Auto ultimates Dutch passions

Comment

• Jibblerjoe
        Jibblerjoe commented
        Editing a comment
        Much bending some broken limbs all healed, some super cropping.

Six plants 1 Auto clone, 3 strains, multiple stages of growth. 2x4x5 tent 400 hps. Click image for larger version

Name:	20170328_071727.jpg
Views:	613
Size:	7.63 MB
ID:	73282 view from other direction. Click image for larger version

Name:	20170328_071750.jpg
Views:	625
Size:	6.42 MB
ID:	73283

Comment

• Vapo69
        Vapo69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Plants look great dude

• Jibblerjoe
        Jibblerjoe commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. I got a perpetual harvest going on. Loving autos

Vapo69 Something similar happened to me once. It's something you might never think about until it happens to you, so this is a really great public service announcement!

I was curious, would it be okay with you we published these pictures to the auto-flowering page on GWE? I feel like a picture is worth a thousand words, and these pics could be really helpful to first-time growers!

Despite the size difference, both your plants look great!

Comment

• Vapo69
        Vapo69 commented
        Editing a comment
        No worries NebulaHaze ........I hope they help others, it's an easy mistake to make

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X